PDA

View Full Version : Op Hacking

Doc Holliday
13-02-13, 08:18
Question to the Op fighting people out there.

Im puzzled by some information i was given a while ago and having tested found it either not true or im doing it wrong.

When entering hacknet for the 4th and final "hack" i have always made the long and time consuming run over to the op through the nc travel zones.

I was told that its possible to hack the terminal and enter hacknet automatically. Having tried hacking the terminal i wasnt ported inside like i was led to believe. i hacked the overground GR and then went in that way and made the run.

So question. What do i do to get in to the hack terminal inside of hacknet at the op? Go in to the UG and hack the GR there or what?

Cheers folks.

Deus Ex Machina
13-02-13, 13:11
I am not active OP Fighting at the moment, but as far as I remember you make your first three hacks at the outpost (not the GR, but the target terminal), and the fourth hack at that place takes you to the corresponding hacknetsector.

Dropout
13-02-13, 13:13
I am not active OP Fighting at the moment, but as far as I remember you make your first three hacks at the outpost (not the GR, but the target terminal), and the fourth hack at that place takes you to the corresponding hacknetsector.

This is correct. Dont hack the GR, but hack the hackterminal.

wargolem
13-02-13, 14:09
This is correct. Dont hack the GR, but hack the hackterminal.

Also the 4th hack has to be unique now, You cannot simply do 1st and 4th anymore you require 4 unique hackers

William Antrim
13-02-13, 14:10
4th layer is supposed to put you inside hn.

Doc Holliday
13-02-13, 14:51
Tried that today. thats what i thought too. we used 4 seperate hackers. successfully hacked the 4th layer with a different hacker and it succeeded but didnt put me inside hacknet like it should which is why i made this thread. I tried hacking the gr afterwards but tried the terminal first. Im not that stupid :)

PS. if anyone sees this from infected yes we hacked the op. Please dont QQ about it. its not our fault you had no one online and we had 4 hackers. It was done for 2 reasons. testing this out was one of them. the other was we needed a factory for a little while
;)

nabbl
13-02-13, 16:17
Tried that today. thats what i thought too. we used 4 seperate hackers. successfully hacked the 4th layer with a different hacker and it succeeded but didnt put me inside hacknet like it should which is why i made this thread. I tried hacking the gr afterwards but tried the terminal first. Im not that stupid :)

Well ... there is a bug ingame which prevents you from entering hacknet...

After hacking the third layer the hackterminal does not get locked for the next hack. But you will nevertheless have to wait for 60 seconds. If you hack before that 60 seconds you are able to hack but you won't get ported inside hacknet.

L0KI
13-02-13, 17:14

After hacking the third layer the hackterminal does not get locked for the next hack. But you will nevertheless have to wait for 60 seconds. If you hack before that 60 seconds you are able to hack but you won't get ported inside hacknet.

This is good information. Thanks man.

Doc Holliday
13-02-13, 23:25

Thanks Nabbl. It was something like this that was i expecting to find out.

Much obliged.