PDA

View Full Version : Bridge to Captain Kirk...

Drachenpaladin
10-02-13, 17:42
Jipp I am still alive, and I promise I will give an update before yrs end. [..]

Well, we are already into February, and yet no news. May i be allowed to grow impatient?

yavimaya
11-02-13, 03:32
Well first off, whats this update about? is it actually anything of importance or just a waste of Kirks time?

BlueRobot
11-02-13, 08:43
What i dont understand is, why the KK guys always are so vague and secretive in this forum. Noone here has paid anything for this game for a while and we're just a bunch of nerds playing a 10 yo game anyway, and yet they talked to us like we're their insolvency administrator.

L0KI
11-02-13, 09:36
I regularly visit : http://www.reakktor.com/

If you notice the loading bar, it keeps moving along further each time I visit. As of a couple of days ago, it went from 70-80%

Something's happening, at least. However, a browser version of NC2 vs our volunteer's version? I know which I'd pick.

Setlec
11-02-13, 10:27
However, a browser version of NC2 vs our volunteer's version? I know which I'd pick.
Volunteer version, ofc. How could you live with yourself if you don't have your usual long sync when you try to log in for the first time of the day? how about the client crash? or new patches coming followed by an another patch then a rollback? How about the backflash of not reading a hatefull topic in the forums about whiners, unhappy people and etc, hating the last rollback/patch/nerf/theirmoms/GF&BF that are in NC?

Truly, Volunteer's version is the best. their work 3 times more than what KK did since the launch of NC 2.2, seriously! I'll be supporting them as long as they keep a good work.

phunqe
11-02-13, 15:32
I believe what is interesting at this point is the management and ownership, if someone managed to buy the IP for example or if there are any investors or other IVs hooked up for a long term plan :)

Doc Holliday
11-02-13, 18:34
Volunteer version, ofc. How could you live with yourself if you don't have your usual long sync when you try to log in for the first time of the day? how about the client crash? or new patches coming followed by an another patch then a rollback? How about the backflash of not reading a hatefull topic in the forums about whiners, unhappy people and etc, hating the last rollback/patch/nerf/theirmoms/GF&BF that are in NC?

Truly, Volunteer's version is the best. their work 3 times more than what KK did since the launch of NC 2.2, seriously! I'll be supporting them as long as they keep a good work.

NC Without bugs just aint NC :) I wouldnt know what the hell to do if the game didnt log me off randomly and let me see what time it was in the real world. <3 this shit. :)

I regularly visit : http://www.reakktor.com/

If you notice the loading bar, it keeps moving along further each time I visit. As of a couple of days ago, it went from 70-80%

Something's happening, at least. However, a browser version of NC2 vs our volunteer's version? I know which I'd pick.

Wish we knew more...

William Antrim
11-02-13, 19:30
Anyone ever thought that theyre keeping NC2 alive so that when NC3 is actually released it will have an instant player base? Zoltan said they have the back end work already to do player transfers but not the front end yet. What if that front end was something akin to NC3 to transfer our Chars from Titan ONTO the new db and the browser based version of the game. They would have a solid, loyal player base of 300+ to start with while marketing the game to new players. Reviewers would come along and review and say yeah well there are currently 25% full servers - 40% at peak times so yeah plenty of room for noobs but with a helpful loyal and honest community. I give it 5 *'s or whatever. At the end of the day NC is the hospital and we are the organ donors. It is keeping us on life support until we can be reimplanted (yeah got one in) to the new shiny game and we can unleash hell in Pepper Park all over again.

Why do you think they have concentrated on bug fixes? My guess is (pure speculation as I am not a coder) they want to use large portions of NC2 and port it across to NC3:Reloaded or whatever it is called. This was something Kirk told us in the beginning!

Hang on guys a van pulled up outside and some people are getting out... They're coming to my door.... brb....

Mokoi
11-02-13, 21:35
[NC3 Conspiracy]

Needless to say that anyone with a good amount of love for Neocron would be thrilled about the development of Neocron 3 (or whatever you want to call it), based on modern tech and with an appropriate budget. However, before speculation turns into expectation, let me clarify that our team is not involved in such a project in any way or form.

There's still a lot of untapped potential in this game and we are very much focussed on making Neocron 2 the game it can be, one step at a time.

Riddle
11-02-13, 21:41
Hang on guys a van pulled up outside and some people are getting out... They're coming to my door.... brb....

Dominoes pizza? :D

Jodo
11-02-13, 22:34
Dominoes pizza? :D

Not unless they've changed their uniform to white coats and give free jackets with every order. :wtf:

William Antrim
12-02-13, 00:05
My bad. I didn't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist. I was more trying to inject a little optimism into the boards.

Mokoi
12-02-13, 00:15
My bad. I didn't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist. I was more trying to inject a little optimism into the boards.

Aww come on - is the prospect of a purtyful and revamped NC2 no cause for optimism? :)

L0KI
12-02-13, 00:19
[EDIT - apparently I got my facts wrong]

Doc Holliday
12-02-13, 06:55
Aww come on - is the prospect of a purtyful and revamped NC2 no cause for optimism? :)

Everyone loves a conspiracy theory. :)

William Antrim
12-02-13, 09:22
If nc2 goes the way of unreal tournament then yeah it's a massive cause for optimism. I love the idea of a stable bug free nc2. Ut99 was a great game and was even still hugely popular after 2 successive upgrades. I hugely believe in this game and I think alduin ought to be the new pope just for his work here. There seems to be nothing that guy can't fix. I'm full of fanboi optimism I really am. I just want to see what this game will be with even a small budget thrown at it that's all. I'd like some new people to meet, talk to anr shoot at instead of just the same old faces and the same personalities.

Dropout
12-02-13, 11:43
If nc2 goes the way of unreal tournament then yeah it's a massive cause for optimism. I love the idea of a stable bug free nc2. Ut99 was a great game and was even still hugely popular after 2 successive upgrades. I hugely believe in this game and I think alduin ought to be the new pope just for his work here. There seems to be nothing that guy can't fix. I'm full of fanboi optimism I really am. I just want to see what this game will be with even a small budget thrown at it that's all. I'd like some new people to meet, talk to anr shoot at instead of just the same old faces and the same personalities.

I have been a MAJOR pessimist when it comes to NC, ever since 2.2..
However, these "damned" volunteers has made me feel like a fanboi! I wont give all the credit to Alduin or any other single person, as I do feel like it is a team effort. The Whole volunteer team has my deepest respect (but I have said this quite a lot of times, since they startet working on NC.. :p ).

Netphreak
12-02-13, 16:34

This. ^

Though, I would love to see what further potential could be unlocked with NC running on modern engine (unity).
Especially if it ever lead to things like zones being 'clustered together'. As in all the Plaza zones being one zone, Via Rossa zones becoming one etc. etc.
I think in the wastelands it would actually prove to be much more benifitial, if an OP's underground was part of the same zone as the OP so that there would be no synchronizing when going to and from an OP's UG.

Anyhow, we can all dream, but I am very much impressed with the changes the volunteers have managed so far. The player movement tracking is so much better, it's almost a completely different game.