PDA

View Full Version : registration on a free game, over the top ?

ExiDux
08-02-13, 20:30
hello,
the main page says that the game is free, and youtube videos convince me that this is a verry good cyberpunk mmo.
but i am troubled by a couple of things.

why would a free game ask severely private and absolutely irrelevant things as :
A) a phone number
B) full name
C) adress
those 3 point seem so unrealistic, and untrustworthy that they currently stop me from registering an account.
will this change in the future of this game its FREE life time ?

Mokoi
08-02-13, 21:03
No, it is not likely that these requirements will change.
We provide a service and alike many other services provided via the internet, we require a minimum of personal information to reserve the option of verifying the account owners identity and prevent account spam. As currently, no payment is necessary to play or create an account, we can not verify your identity via a payment provider. The alternative to the current situation would be to reintroduce a fee for account creation and link the account to a credit card or paypal account - would you prefer sharing that data with us then, for a game that is free to play?

Riddle
08-02-13, 22:10
Bada boom....

To be honest it's a small step for a free to play mmo no with credit card requirement

Shirlias
08-02-13, 22:47
whine of the day!

Biglines
08-02-13, 23:19
tbh i'd want a game like that to be sure of the people playing it.. nothing worse than anonymity behind a screen to bring out the worst in people.

flib
09-02-13, 00:19
I think this guy will fit in here nicely.

ExiDux
09-02-13, 03:30
well then i will pass by, and forget this game forever.

i have never encountered any game on the internet that is free to play, while asking for unique personal, private, and easy to abuse information like that. and i play many "free to play, choose to pay" games...

either this is an extreme scam, or something else that can never be trusted.

Dropout
09-02-13, 03:49
well then i will pass by, and forget this game forever.

i have never encountered any game on the internet that is free to play, while asking for unique personal, private, and easy to abuse information like that. and i play many "free to play, choose to pay" games...

either this is an extreme scam, or something else that can never be trusted.

Bye then.

And btw, most of us have been here for a LOT of years, and never experienced any kinds of shit that had to do with this game.

Mokoi
09-02-13, 04:09
We too have a need to be able to trust the people that enter this community - it is a two way deal.
Sorry to see you leave, but I'm afraid we cannot cater for everyone's needs.

- closed