PDA

View Full Version : [INTENDED][R#179]Hitzone Bug in Cave / PVE

WooT
06-02-13, 19:51
After the patch came out i recognized there arent any savespots in Chaoscave from now on.

Fact is the mobs now shoot your head if they see it(before they only aimed for your feet - feet save character save).

I dont know if this was an expected change in the patch since it makes chaoscaving more difficult for non aoe/droner classes.

2nd thing is i got shot by firemobs through environment(grim chasers normally dont hit you if their right hand is behind a wall). Had it also once a mob started clipping through walls as well. Network statistics where good, so it was no latency or packetloss issue.

More testing i cant do - all my chars arent capped got no rares and LE in currently. so pvp is pretty senseless ;)

Dropout
06-02-13, 19:58
After the patch came out i recognized there arent any savespots in Chaoscave from now on.

Fact is the mobs now shoot your head if they see it(before they only aimed for your feet - feet save character save).

I dont know if this was an expected change in the patch since it makes chaoscaving more difficult for non aoe/droner classes.

... Are you serious dude?
Safespots has never been okay. So it is a welcome change. Hopefully the mobs will be tuned down a bit at some point though.

Unrestrained
06-02-13, 22:40
I posted about this in the patch thread, I didn't post here because like Dropout says it is not a bug but the way it should be. The only problem is that none capped people will now find it very hard to level and mob damage should be looked at before PvP.

Disturbed21
06-02-13, 23:00
Unfortunately the previous patches accidently changed how mobs attacked you in some cases, specifically in the chaos caves but other places as well from what I observed. The mobs could not hit you if you were on ledges, I'm assuming it was a line-of-sight thing, but could hit you if you were hanging off or on the ground floor - this was obviously broken.

The new patch correctly changed this back; however, now it shows how over-powered some mobs are in PvE. This is what needs to be addressed, same for the Swamp Caves and Graves tbh. I don't believe the chaos caves, or any cave really, is designed to be done solo - bring friends. I leveled my PPU prior to them breaking the mob AI because it was necessary to have one. Granted there are a people who will still solo the caves, god love 'em, those crazy bastards :p

Faid
06-02-13, 23:09
Looks like its back to regants being the only place to realistically level again. :rolleyes:

Phiberdelic
06-02-13, 23:24
This'll make it easier to cut the entire map down to a handful of zones. Aggies, Launchers, and Genos for leveling; Fire mobs and Warbots for techs ~sigh~ such a waste, little incentive to go elsewhere.

PsiCorps
07-02-13, 03:35
We know safespotting isn't cool - however it's the only way to combat overtuned mob damage.
I've noticed Grims hitting through environments a lot more (hi oneshots!)

Mokoi
07-02-13, 04:55
NPCs now use a line of sight much more similar to that of player characters - meaning that they are likely able to return fire where you can target them in 1st person view. Again, this is not a balancing change, but a bug fix.

Not only is the 2.2 balancing **** to begin with, it is also largely built on a rotten foundation (long standing bugs that greatly impact balance).
The more fundamental bugs are being fixed, the more apparent it will become how wrong the current balance really is. We know it is painful in the short run and not every "fix" will appear to better the situation - however, this stuff is essential to the long term success of our balancing effort. All will be good, soon™

Doc Holliday
07-02-13, 08:05
NPCs now use a line of sight much more similar to that of player characters - meaning that they are likely able to return fire where you can target them in 1st person view. Again, this is not a balancing change, but a bug fix.

Not only is the 2.2 balancing **** to begin with, it is also largely built on a rotten foundation (long standing bugs that greatly impact balance).
The more fundamental bugs are being fixed, the more apparent it will become how wrong the current balance really is. We know it is painful in the short run and not every "fix" will appear to better the situation - however, this stuff is essential to the long term success of our balancing effort. All will be good, soon™

Nice post. It will get worse before it gets better maybe. Persevere people and it will get better. This might encourage people to team up. this is after all an MMO.

Unrestrained
07-02-13, 09:33
This might encourage people to team up. this is after all an MMO.
Im all for teaming up, but the problem would be that you cannot kick people from team, so when you have that spy go afk around the corner soaking up your exp there isn't a lot you can do. You can reform your team but that shouldnt have to be done.

Gunshifty
07-02-13, 17:23
Regants is going to be packed.. :\

Phiberdelic was right on with his post 100%

phunqe
07-02-13, 17:36
It's really good to fix all the problems, but I hope the mob damage etc is very soon looked at becuase I can imagine it's a bitch to level now ;)