PDA

View Full Version : New Content for Neocron?

Dumdies
06-02-13, 08:42
How would everyone feel about new content in Neocron? I mean if it would be possible to put a new leveling area in like Regants, but there is a twist to it where you have to look for a team of people to be able to complete it and everyone gets a reward at the end? I have been talking to a few people about this and we have a lot of imagination on what can become of Neocron if things like this can/would be added to the game, also i think it would bring the community together more as we will have to be working as a team to complete tasks.

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 10:59
Im not disagreeing with this BUT i think you missed the point that there is a LOT of content out there already thats underused.

Swamp caves. Retarded damage. not fun.

Bat Caves. Retarded damage. Not alot of fun but at least the bq bones are a reward.

Aparation cave. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. a sword? :)

Graves. Great fun. Can be done as a team of two with the antipoison being spammed on a tank to keep him up but not so great for a spy/pe/apu. also the VK vest drops.

Juggernaut Facility. I think i have only ever been there once. Not much point if not doing the Juggernaut quest. Great place though.

Tweaking some of these encounters and actually making them viable and worthwhile doing (make the drugs recyclable from the swamp shaman could be one way of encouraging people to those caves as well as fixing the damage so they are doable) and you provide a LOT more content that doesnt need to be mapped out etc.

Dropout
06-02-13, 11:07
Snip
True, there already is a lot of great, but very underused Places in NC.
Hopefully some of these Places will be made more viable, when balancing starts to happen :p

Obviously Im not against adding more Places - but as said, there already is a lot of cool Places.

phunqe
06-02-13, 13:05
Ah yes... I remember some of those places can bring the worst out in us (including damaged keyboards and sentences in local that would make an LA gang member blush).

Dumdies
07-02-13, 01:28
Im not disagreeing with this BUT i think you missed the point that there is a LOT of content out there already thats underused.

Swamp caves. Retarded damage. not fun.

Bat Caves. Retarded damage. Not alot of fun but at least the bq bones are a reward.

Aparation cave. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. a sword? :)

Graves. Great fun. Can be done as a team of two with the antipoison being spammed on a tank to keep him up but not so great for a spy/pe/apu. also the VK vest drops.

Juggernaut Facility. I think i have only ever been there once. Not much point if not doing the Juggernaut quest. Great place though.

Tweaking some of these encounters and actually making them viable and worthwhile doing (make the drugs recyclable from the swamp shaman could be one way of encouraging people to those caves as well as fixing the damage so they are doable) and you provide a LOT more content that doesnt need to be mapped out etc.

I totally agree with you if they could make the damage less intense or something or have like a massive instance where you NEED 8-10 people to complete it or you just wipe :D Like 2 ppu 1 or 2 tanks and rest dps. I dont mean to sound like wow with this but a raid instance type thing could be good :D

Doc Holliday
07-02-13, 08:17
I totally agree with you if they could make the damage less intense or something or have like a massive instance where you NEED 8-10 people to complete it or you just wipe :D Like 2 ppu 1 or 2 tanks and rest dps. I dont mean to sound like wow with this but a raid instance type thing could be good :D

you couldnt sound more like wow if you tried. just substitute ppu for healer. maybe make a thread asking for a gearscore mod to be implemented. oh yeah. and achievements.

wrong game :)

phunqe
07-02-13, 08:34
With the latest changes to line of sight you might very well need PPUs for a cave run. I think the upsetting keyword here was "raid".

Dumdies
07-02-13, 19:09
you couldnt sound more like wow if you tried. just substitute ppu for healer. maybe make a thread asking for a gearscore mod to be implemented. oh yeah. and achievements.

wrong game :)

Even if i did sound like wow no need to take the piss aye doc :D

William Antrim
07-02-13, 20:55
There is every need. Instancing makes my blood boil like a dk. No more wow references please.

phunqe
07-02-13, 21:55
There is every need. Instancing makes my blood boil like a dk. No more wow references please.

I see what you did there :p

L0KI
07-02-13, 23:30

Never played WoW, so if that's a WoW reference I don't get it :lol:

I agree with the sentiment though. Fuck instancing. It's pathetic that people are still making instanced MMORPGs in 2013. It's 2013 ffs.

Trivaldi
08-02-13, 00:10
I've seen this suggestion a few times and the logic confuses me some. How would making the drug recyclable encourage people to go to the caves? Surely it would then become a single visit location like the batqueen cave? In, get the item you need, never go back. I'd like to hear more about the thoughts behind this.

On a separate note as a lot of people have stated in this thread, there is a ton of content which is never utilised, changing that is something I am very keen on making happen. It all just takes time. :)

William Antrim
08-02-13, 00:48
I've seen this suggestion a few times and the logic confuses me some. How would making the drug recyclable encourage people to go to the caves? Surely it would then become a single visit location like the batqueen cave? In, get the item you need, never go back. I'd like to hear more about the thoughts behind this.

On a separate note as a lot of people have stated in this thread, there is a ton of content which is never utilised, changing that is something I am very keen on making happen. It all just takes time. :)

DO NOT MAKE THE DRUG RECYCLABLE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

I made a thread recently in the brainport about just this issue. Make it so that the Kri'nakh nightshade (or whatever else drops - Tigers blood?) drop in multiples of 3-5. This way you can farm the place in a few hours and get a few MORE hours worth of drugs. Hell even have it drop in multiples of ten. That would be good.

That way the swamp caves get used more by the PVPers as they level and load up their stash on the way to WOC. Also maybe introduce some new drugs to benefit the DEX based classes too. That way you can increase the interaction. If people have got themselves 10 or 20 or 30+ of the drugs then they can actually drug deal which all Black Dragons seem to fail at presently.

Garfield
08-02-13, 01:17
well why not make the drug`s droped by the other mobs too? if ppl would get more then one per run it would be worth to go down there.

even tech drops could be a incitation to visit thoose caves.

soulcluster caves: okay the blade is nice but meh its a pain in the ass even to get close to the bossmob.
would be worth it if the blade where WoC.
the smaller mobs could drop psi and laserblade ultis.

gaia mines: thes robos would perfectly fit for tech, pc rc ulti drops

DoY: tech drop mobs. scrambler spawn place f.e.
also you could place ceres mobs in there. cant be hard to write a story background for that :D

bring back the ARS suit`s run. okay make it harder then in the past to get the parts but at least the stupid DoY units would have a use...

zargerus of protection anyone? laurent hover bomber, kami units ect ect
also the faction unique stuff. i know its meant to be super duper hard to get these items but right now its kinda impossible.(iam still searching for Mr Jones to deliever thoose extra secret plans from Bud Judson, Tangent Tech guy, on Terra :()
oh btw i was allways wondering what the other stuff at the mysterious machine (xbow run) is for?

Trivaldi
08-02-13, 01:18
DO NOT MAKE THE DRUG RECYCLABLE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!
Pretty sure I covered that in my first sentence. ;)

Doc Holliday
08-02-13, 02:45
Pretty sure I covered that in my first sentence. ;)

Yeah i think perhaps i was wrong on the recycle bit. OK i stand corrrected. the power of all mighty capslock got me.

Yeah multiple drug drops 3-5 randomly would be waaaaay cooler than just one. a few hours farming stores up a stash. Gravis would be another op worth fighting for also due to the distance to one of the caves. This adds value to it as its an uplink with (afaik) no hackable mobs in the zone (hovers are a zone away at least i think.)

Definitely add a shaman in each cave as an end boss (not 100% sure he is present in each one) maybe even have some smaller shamans in the caves then a big "Billy Bad Ass" shaman in the end (Chaos cave style with the lieutenants then the queen) and maybe a smaller drop chance on them with a guaranteed drop on the BBA Shaman? Also more chance of techs dropping would be good. lets the not so competent tech farming classes (so everyone with shit range atm :P) get a chance of bagging a couple.

Im sure these are easy fixes too.

As for the sarcasm. Well. admit. you all at least cracked a smile if nothing more. The Dk Blood boil thing was a cracker. ;)

Druid311
08-02-13, 03:05

Great to hear it Triv. I miss the old days in NC1, hunting with the clan in the ol' swamp caves.

yavimaya
08-02-13, 04:55

I suppose the logic lies along the lines of: right now the drugs are unused because they are too hard to get, because they are unused noone goes and gets them.
Make them recyclable (very high recycle and large amounts of items needed to get a couple of pills) and people will start being able to get thier hands on a supply big enough to warrant using some, therefore more setups would include them and there would be more demand. As the skill level and ingredients would be large, then one person couldnt supply the whole server, so more people will "go get thier own".

Thats just my theory.

Drachenpaladin
08-02-13, 06:57
As for the sarcasm. Well. admit. you all at least cracked a smile if nothing more. The Dk Blood boil thing was a cracker. ;)

Totally! My hippogryph giggle-snort all over his nest... :rolleyes:

Netphreak
08-02-13, 13:57
bring back the ARS suit`s run. okay make it harder then in the past to get the parts but at least the stupid DoY units would have a use...

zargerus of protection anyone? laurent hover bomber, kami units ect ect
also the faction unique stuff.

Mmm... laurent hover bomber...