PDA

View Full Version : Double XP after rollback and patch mess up?

wargolem
06-02-13, 03:24
Although the patch did some great stuff with the netcode all the bugs have made it unviable...

This particularly affects american people and people who work until late as those people continued to level and grind techs etc while the server was in a mess.

Is there any chance we could have a day or two of double xp to help us catch up, for the day of test mode and evening of bugs? I know its not a big deal and we don't pay a subscription, but I think zoltan/alduin will win some brownie points with the community if you say sorry for insufficient testing and give us a little double xp so we can catch up on lost time?

phunqe
06-02-13, 03:33
We should actually slap ourselves around for the insufficient testing. As far as I know, the problems surfaced during load, something that the team is trying to get going on the test server. Unfortunately it is an uphill struggle, the team can only do so much, they cannot create the load necessary without our help.
In the end, the tests are forced to be conducted on the live server.

As for the double xp, I'm either or in the matter.

Model192
06-02-13, 03:33
Although the patch did some great stuff with the netcode all the bugs have made it unviable...

This particularly affects american people and people who work until late as those people continued to level and grind techs etc while the server was in a mess.

Is there any chance we could have a day or two of double xp to help us catch up, for the day of test mode and evening of bugs? I know its not a big deal and we don't pay a subscription, but I think zoltan/alduin will win some brownie points with the community if you say sorry for insufficient testing and give us a little double xp so we can catch up on lost time?

"All the bugs"? I haven't run into too many of them, and have leveled since and after.

Double xp? What was it, 2-4 hours it was having issues, if that? At best this is a far reach.

Michael Corvin
06-02-13, 04:12
No No No... heavy issues... we need one week of TRIPLE xp ... daddy needs to get capped =D

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 05:31
.. daddy needs to get capped =D

Daddy needs a new plasma gun too. Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!! :)

ancient
06-02-13, 06:32
I vote for half XP for 2 days after all the work put in, as a thank you to the people working on this game still.

Dumdies
06-02-13, 06:46
I think double xp or something would be a good idea and was speaking with many people about a patch issue in the past and how the GM's gave compensation GM spawn items to players who it effected. May this would be a better idea then double XP again. If anything were about to come out of it ofc. As we dont know how long the down time / test state will be fore we cannot really comment on the situation as such.

ancient
06-02-13, 07:00
I think double xp or something would be a good idea and was speaking with many people about a patch issue in the past and how the GM's gave compensation GM spawn items to players who it effected. May this would be a better idea then double XP again. If anything were about to come out of it ofc. As we dont know how long the down time / test state will be fore we cannot really comment on the situation as such.

IMO, although it'd be lovely to have double xp as a standard, this is exactly what will happen if at every opportunity the community cries out for double xp, and it's granted, every time some one changes something with regards to how the game works, and there's a little down time!

The game's being worked on, just enjoy it!

William Antrim
06-02-13, 09:08
Double xp is a gift, not a right!

Dark Stingray
06-02-13, 09:27
No No No... heavy issues... we need one week of TRIPLE xp ... daddy needs to get capped =D

/signed

Dumdies
06-02-13, 09:34
Double xp is a gift, not a right!

I never said it was a right and never will say that, we are very gifted to have suck wonderful mods running the game :D

Dropout
06-02-13, 10:36
IMO, although it'd be lovely to have double xp as a standard, this is exactly what will happen if at every opportunity the community cries out for double xp, and it's granted, every time some one changes something with regards to how the game works, and there's a little down time!

The game's being worked on, just enjoy it!
Agreed.

hatmankh
06-02-13, 10:52
I actually think people asking for double exp when a rollback happens is more understandable than for downtime, with a rollback there is a genuine tangible loss that happens to everyone who played in the effected times, this doesn't happen with simple downtimes.

That being said, I also don't want double exp to be expected after every problem. Anyway double exp time won't help those of us who were rare part hunting but it at least provides a good opportunity to start another character if you were planning on doing it at some point.

Tenchiro
06-02-13, 10:56
How's about a double rollback for crying for double xp? http://www.ugly-smilies.de/data/uglyspitze.gif

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 11:10
How's about a double rollback for crying for double xp? http://www.ugly-smilies.de/data/uglyspitze.gif

I laughed :)

Optimus Crime
06-02-13, 15:14
theres no need for double exp...i agree with the other post above saying double EXP was a gift not a right...Be happy the game is still being patched and cared for,sure a bug happend.Rollback is needed but also stated above its sorta the players own fault as well for not helping out on the test server to get the bugs to surface there.

Michael Corvin
06-02-13, 15:31
Don't take the Thread so serious...

wargolem
06-02-13, 15:34
You guys, Seriously?!

The server has been unplayable for two days now... I appriciate the game is free and Zoltan and Alduin are doing there best but Myself and others need our dose of neocrack!

Double XP would be a nice way to say sorry guys we needed more testing on this patch! A lot of the patch bugs were reported in OOC and things when we were in test mode that evening, sadly Zoltan and Alduin were not reading OOC and the patch was released.

Just a little something to say that the patch was too early and let us get back some of the lost time with a bit of double crack would cheer me up

Mortis
06-02-13, 15:44
yea ooc is the platform for bug report, seriously, are you thinking actually?

wargolem
06-02-13, 15:53
yea ooc is the platform for bug report, seriously, are you thinking actually?

This is not a slanging match, and I assume you were not there so I excuse your ignorance, there were about 50 people online in plaza and Alduin and Zoltan were asking questions. and giving directions to us via OOC

Michael Corvin
06-02-13, 15:58
There is a Testserver and a Bug Forum...
How should the Team test the Patch with Live Condition if only a handful of guys wants to join the Testserver?

Sure, you and me and everybody else lost a little bit of Playtime and maybe Progress, but there is no real need for a Compensation. What to do with People who can't play during Double XP? More Double XP Compensation? ^^ There's always somebody who draws the short straw. We will survive a two or three days Test Mode with or without Double XP ^^

If they say... YAY Double XP!! i will be fine ... If not... i will be fine too ^^

wargolem
06-02-13, 16:31
There is a Testserver and a Bug Forum...
How should the Team test the Patch with Live Condition if only a handful of guys wants to join the Testserver?

Sure, you and me and everybody else lost a little bit of Playtime and maybe Progress, but there is no real need for a Compensation. What to do with People who can't play during Double XP? More Double XP Compensation? ^^ There's always somebody who draws the short straw. We will survive a two or three days Test Mode with or without Double XP ^^

If they say... YAY Double XP!! i will be fine ... If not... i will be fine too ^^

Same If they dont give double xp I'm ok with that but time is dragging on and Neocron is still not playable and I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

I dont think you can look at it like that its a never ending cycle! and its silly to even bring up that point, its moot.

I did indeed lose progress, and a few tech trade which is the most annoying part as one was for ATP of cs. None the less, They gave an incentive for people to log onto the test server last time, they could do it again; via increased tech rewards, increased xp, free capped characters on Test server with lots of 5 slot goodies to play around with etc.

I know its difficult for zoltan and I heard rumors that another team is taking over but I do fully support what he is trying to do, I mean for the first time in 10 years I could see people jump!

Anywho I'm done with this thread, I just hope they get it fixed soon so we can get back to playing and ill see you all in game :)

Dropout
06-02-13, 16:35
I know its difficult for zoltan and I heard rumors that another team is taking over but I do fully support what he is trying to do, I mean for the first time in 10 years I could see people jump!

Wait what, another team taking over? Where have you heard that?

phunqe
06-02-13, 17:01
I mean for the first time in 10 years I could see people jump!

Yeah... It was beatiful, quite emotional even. It was like one of those animal shows where they have this poor dog that has been limping all his life due to abuse and then he is rescued, operated on and taken care of by a new family <sniff>

Optimus Crime
06-02-13, 17:24
You guys, Seriously?!

The server has been unplayable for two days now... I appriciate the game is free and Zoltan and Alduin are doing there best but Myself and others need our dose of neocrack!

Double XP would be a nice way to say sorry guys we needed more testing on this patch! A lot of the patch bugs were reported in OOC and things when we were in test mode that evening, sadly Zoltan and Alduin were not reading OOC and the patch was released.

Just a little something to say that the patch was too early and let us get back some of the lost time with a bit of double crack would cheer me up

you get to play for totally free...that isnt enough for you? really...if it was a subbed thing i would totally agree with you...but since its not i dont agree with you ;) there is no need for double exp.

Nidhogg
06-02-13, 18:12
Wait what, another team taking over? Where have you heard that?
Somewhere over the rainbow, I think. ;) Not true, incidentally.

Dropout
06-02-13, 18:19
Somewhere over the rainbow, I think. ;) Not true, incidentally.

Thanks Nid, was getting worried there for a bit! ;)

wargolem
06-02-13, 18:20
Thanks for that Nidd, there were rumors circulating in OOC that there was going to be a new owner.

Nidhogg
06-02-13, 18:28
When you think about it there's absolutely no good reason for changing direction at this point. We have a team that understands the codebase probably better than at any time since NC was first written, and they're doing it all for free. What's not to love?

Take this patch for example. There are major changes behind the scenes (changes bigger than anything KK ever did post NC2 - including the ill-fated attempt at item tracking) which is why we have some issues to solve, but I know from experience over the decade I've been doing this job that the people solving them today are far more on the ball, and far more dedicated (and communicative!) than at any time during those 10 years.

I'm not having a go at anyone personally here, but it's true to say that the care and support of the game we all love no longer stops at 5PM on Friday afternoon, to name but one example. It's hard to see why anyone would want to alter a situation like that. :)

phunqe
06-02-13, 18:32
New team and new owner have their separate rumours. I would not replace the team, but a new owner (or partner) with some fresh cash would probably be welcome :)

RogerRamjet
06-02-13, 18:38
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/381/753/705.gif

Dropout
06-02-13, 18:47
When you think about it there's absolutely no good reason for changing direction at this point. We have a team that understands the codebase probably better than at any time since NC was first written, and they're doing it all for free. What's not to love?

Take this patch for example. There are major changes behind the scenes (changes bigger than anything KK ever did post NC2 - including the ill-fated attempt at item tracking) which is why we have some issues to solve, but I know from experience over the decade I've been doing this job that the people solving them today are far more on the ball, and far more dedicated (and communicative!) than at any time during those 10 years.

I'm not having a go at anyone personally here, but it's true to say that the care and support of the game we all love no longer stops at 5PM on Friday afternoon, to name but one example. It's hard to see why anyone would want to alter a situation like that. :)

I have to agree!
It honestly feel like the volunteer team have done more work on NC (well.. Good work..), than was done in the 6-7 years I played before they "took over".
And that is seriously astonishing, when thinking it is done in free time, without making any money.
The volunteers have my deepest respect! They have honestly saved the game that we all Love (and at times, hate :p ).

Weazeler
06-02-13, 19:19
I would love Double xp but (always a but) we got double xp a little while ago. That was for the efforts on vedeena of testers...remember reach 100 and we give ya a weekend of double xp..did we reach 100 ..no but we still got double xp.

Patches are rolling out alot now and its amazing but if more than the 20 odd people who actually go on testerver, then these kind of problems would slow down. Everyone moans and complains about bugs yet when asked by a bunch of awesome volunteers for help testing majority of people havent got the time. Ive been back a few months and still not capped a char so the excuse of i need to level sucks lol.

Not a dig at anyone in particular but if we all love nc as much as people say then maybe just maybe we could make more of a effort to test the patches on vedeena and actually properly report the bugs found.

/my opinion

William Antrim
06-02-13, 19:58
I would love Double xp but (always a but) we got double xp a little while ago. That was for the efforts on vedeena of testers...remember reach 100 and we give ya a weekend of double xp..did we reach 100 ..no but we still got double xp.

Patches are rolling out alot now and its amazing but if more than the 20 odd people who actually go on testerver, then these kind of problems would slow down. Everyone moans and complains about bugs yet when asked by a bunch of awesome volunteers for help testing majority of people havent got the time. Ive been back a few months and still not capped a char so the excuse of i need to level sucks lol.

Not a dig at anyone in particular but if we all love nc as much as people say then maybe just maybe we could make more of a effort to test the patches on vedeena and actually properly report the bugs found.

/my opinion

Props to you sir.

Hackebeil
06-02-13, 20:37
double exp is always a good idea to bring ppl back into the game !

Genji
06-02-13, 21:18
I don't care as long as I can fkn get back to my leveling!

Sausage Jockey
07-02-13, 02:43

This.

/my opinion

And this.

Optimus Crime
07-02-13, 05:22
ugh all the good exp spots would be overrun with people..and the chaos caves would be more swarmed with backloggers taking out the queen all the time..more then currently is being done...

Netphreak
07-02-13, 13:32

This. ^

As always thanks to all the volunteers for all their hard work.
We are seeing real progress and major issues actually being tackled. Yes, there are bugs and issues coming up as a result of the patches, but it's all a learning and developing process, which will help make the game better and more like it should have been all those years ago.

I think people need to be realistic about things and remember, the game is free, the devs are support and developing this on their own time, give them your support whatever way you can to help.

L0KI
07-02-13, 14:54
I genuinely amazes me that people still complain about the work the volunteers are doing, for free.

You literally must have no idea how much work they're putting in. I'd be willing to bet that some of those guys put the same number of hours into developing/improving NC as they do their actual day jobs.

As usual, unequivocal respect to the development team.

Druid311
07-02-13, 15:10
I wanna see swamp caves come back as a good leveling place!

wargolem
07-02-13, 15:46
I wanna see swamp caves come back as a good leveling place!

And the graves, the problem is that damage in those places is just too ridiculous right now :(

Genji
07-02-13, 21:28
They said there would be another double XP weekend this weekend to make up for all this didn't they? I remember hearing that but I couldn't find anything about it. Are they or did you guys plant that thought in my head? If so when will it start, Saturday morning?

William Antrim
07-02-13, 22:35
They said there would be another double XP weekend this weekend to make up for all this didn't they? I remember hearing that but I couldn't find anything about it. Are they or did you guys plant that thought in my head? If so when will it start, Saturday morning?

yeah they said it officially. I dont know when it starts though. Maybe friday night maybe saturday morning. Its not been announced so all of this is just pure speculation on my part.

Trivaldi
07-02-13, 23:19
The rest of this discussion belongs here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147386-IMPORTANT-TITAN-running-in-retail-mode-again).