PDA

View Full Version : Defusing runspeed without a cap

Ivan Eres
06-02-13, 00:21
Some brainstorm suggestions for possibilities to defuse the runspeed issue without a cap:

1.) Implement a certain accelaration time before reaching top speed (like 500 msec or so, dunno what's good, need input here)

2.) Make aiming more difficult at top speed by making the reticle close slower

3.) Make top speed use up a lot more stamina so that mostly short sprints are being used (like it was in BF2)

Regards

Dropout
06-02-13, 01:47
Some brainstorm suggestions for possibilities to defuse the runspeed issue without a cap:

1.) Implement a certain accelaration time before reaching top speed (like 500 msec or so, dunno what's good, need input here)

2.) Make aiming more difficult at top speed by making the reticle close slower

3.) Make top speed use up a lot more stamina so that mostly short sprints are being used (like it was in BF2)

Regards

1: I really would not like that. I like knowing my characters 100% and making the speed wierd like that, would be a pain IMO.

2: This would fuck over Dev tanks in a big way :p

3: Considering that NC is either "run" or "walk" this idea is just horrible.

Biglines
06-02-13, 04:05
I don't really like the first idea, because I want to have control of my character at all times.

however I like the second and third options.

however, the walk speed would have to be changed to a run that is faster than the current walk, and running would be turned into sprint.

so making the default movement speed in battle a lot slower, but making it possible to sprint fast for short durations to make for example dev tanks able to catch up to their target, then switching to the same slower speed (which would be the same as their target), which makes the aiming back to normal.

in conclusion, make the current walk speed about 70%-80% percent of the current average runspeed, and make the sprint the same speed it is now, but aiming at that speed far more difficult, and not sustainable over a long duration.

this would allow for people to dodge incoming fire, or to catch up to other people for close range weapons, but it would make the normal speed of battle slower and better able to deal with the interpolation.

ancient
06-02-13, 07:29
First idea completely defeats the object of having crisp positioning data!

Second idea, I think the OPPOSITE should happen! If you can aim BETTER whilst moving fast, the the fact that most people can't hit shit whilst every one is moving fast will be reduced. It needs to be balanced though as it will be easy to rule out even more weps if the aiming % effect isn't "normalized".

I thought about the third idea before, but left it, as stam boosters render this implausible.

slith
06-02-13, 11:38
Agility less effect on runspeed.

Maybe has too much effect on hightech tanks as I feel HC/TC vs HC/TC has perfect runspeeds/dodging/resists impact the way it is now - needs to be tested.

I think sprint and acceleration are bad ideas tbh. Not sure about aiming difficulty with higher speeds, sounds interesting but I feel there are better solutions that don't add completely new mechanics to the game.

Also: This runspeed galore has buffed the Equilibrium of Forces and First Love quite a lot.. seems like the only viable weapons now.. never thought of that :P Get him in your crosshair, click and hope enough of it hits ^^ Very interesting to see who can still hit something too. Most people don't hit anything at all now.