PDA

View Full Version : [00790][R#179] Mobs clipping

L0KI
05-02-13, 16:56
This is a new one on me. I was in Regeants earlier, with a stable and solid 62 ping.

At times, Regeants Sluggers would just appear through the wall as if my client was playing catch up with the server.

May or may not be important/relevant, but thought I'd mention it anyway. It as behaviour I have never before seen in there.

Gunshifty
05-02-13, 18:32
I've experienced mobs clipping as well. I was in Battledome shooting at a Mad Copbot, as he was walking backwards up a hill, he clipped through the entire hill until he was walking on the flat surface atop the hill.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 20:03
I've experienced mobs clipping as well. I was in Battledome shooting at a Mad Copbot, as he was walking backwards up a hill, he clipped through the entire hill until he was walking on the flat surface atop the hill.

Its happened "outside" ever since forever. It seems the hills you can walk up can be clipped up but the hills out in the desert areas and those bordering zones etc (particularly in firemob areas) are not so bad.

Disturbed21
05-02-13, 22:46
I had a Giant Raptor merge with the side of a hill...I wasn't able to target the mob and it didn't appear to be able to shoot me but it was stuck in there for several minutes. I couldn't get a screen-shot because I was also fighting with a couple of Persi's...

Disturbed21
05-02-13, 23:14
Its happened "outside" ever since forever. It seems the hills you can walk up can be clipped up but the hills out in the desert areas and those bordering zones etc (particularly in firemob areas) are not so bad.

I've seen this as well; however, it seemed a little "nuttier" last night, granted, further testing is needed. At one point I think a mad copbot got lodged into the hill. My friend was taking damage from something, I could see the numbers coming off him but neither of us heard or saw anything shooting him. A simple relog seemed to fix it but he almost died lol. I've seen this behavior in a few caves and underground areas that trap mobs in a door/wall but have never experienced it elsewhere. Perhaps I've just been lucky?

William Antrim
05-02-13, 23:48
IT has happened in the Aggressor Captain Sewers forever too. Mostly with the Mutant Acolytes being trapped in doors and then hitting you through the wall. The solution was usually to aoe the wall to clear them.

Gunshifty
06-02-13, 19:46
IT has happened in the Aggressor Captain Sewers forever too. Mostly with the Mutant Acolytes being trapped in doors and then hitting you through the wall. The solution was usually to aoe the wall to clear them.

Aggies been falling through the floor since NC1... speaking of aggy cellar, I miss that pipe you used to be able to jump on top of, crouch, and wouldn't be able to get hit.. That was my first and favorite safe-spotting in neocron.. Man those were the days..

Dropout
06-02-13, 19:47
Aggies been falling through the floor since NC1... speaking of aggy cellar, I miss that pipe you used to be able to jump on top of, crouch, and wouldn't be able to get hit.. That was my first and favorite safe-spotting in neocron.. Man those were the days..

.... BAD GUNSHIFTY! BAAAAAAD!!!! :p

William Antrim
06-02-13, 19:52

I wonder why they took it out....

Gunshifty
06-02-13, 20:12
aye! i'll admit to safe spotting in those aggy cellars back in the day, those days were the bomb! haha :)

Disturbed21
06-02-13, 23:06
Now he just hides behind the PPU :lol: