PDA

View Full Version : [R#179/#180] Patch Discussion

Mokoi
05-02-13, 03:08
The patchnotes can be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147316-R-179-Patchnotes&p=2201574#post2201574).

Praetorian
05-02-13, 03:12
First!

Also good job, seems like alot of work went into this patch! Very thankful for you guys keeping this game alive!

I had 3-4 people try to shoot me in P2 after patch, and they did indeed have a hard time hitting me. In fact they didnt hit me at all almost. I think there may be some "hacksploit" accusations in the following days when more people find out they cant hit shit :)

wargolem
05-02-13, 03:18
The patchnotes can be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147316-R-179-Patchnotes&p=2201574#post2201574).

Runspeed should not be slowed down, it should remain the same however aiming reticles should close significantly faster - Twitch aiming is a part of gaming and one that I welcome the encouragement of into neocron. [I mean we are enhanced via implants and what not!]

There do seem to be a few issues with the patch, new trade bugs have arrived and some peoples character models have broken

Coryu
05-02-13, 03:19
dont forget:
even debuffing and healing is harder too ;-)

worst case:
no ppus needed in op fight :p

wargolem
05-02-13, 03:25
debuffing still works like Apu spells used to right? so its actually still the easiest job :) in terms of aim.... just try not to get them on the wrong person ;)

yavimaya
05-02-13, 07:01
Runspeed should not be slowed down, it should remain the same however aiming reticles should close significantly faster - Twitch aiming is a part of gaming and one that I welcome the encouragement of into neocron. [I mean we are enhanced via implants and what not!]

There do seem to be a few issues with the patch, new trade bugs have arrived and some peoples character models have broken

Twitch gaming is what i wish they had since the start, oh well.

Dropout
05-02-13, 10:28

See now this is a great idea! I was about to just whine about the idea of slowing Things Down, but making the reticle speed faster, is an absolutely brilliant idea!

nabbl
05-02-13, 12:12
Yeah .. the clippers are about to whine.

As I read the Patchnotes this was kind of obvious.
Did you ever play late NC1 or NC2? The Runspeed was not that high and you needed movement and awareness. Especially as a tank where you were slowed down while drawing your weapon.

But there was nothing bad about that. People specced some resist, tried to move better.

The PvP nowadays is just like: "Oh my god, I am at half of my HP, I am gonna RUUUUN!!!!"
And nobody is able to follow, because of the netcode and because of the obstacles they run around.
The runspeed as it is now would be fine if we had levels like in Quake or Unreal Tournament. But we don't. This is Neocron and no High-Speed-First Person Shooter.

I would like to see that Players in Neocron put some diversity on there setups. Like speccing more or less resist. Being able to spend some points on Repair and Vehicle Use instead on speed would be awesome!
Of course, there should still be a slight advantage to players who want to play lowtech, but it should still not have that large impact on your runspeed.

hatmankh
05-02-13, 12:46
Lots of people reporting missing items, tagged GRs and even goguardians emptied. Expect a server rollback.

Mokoi
05-02-13, 12:57
It would be tremendously helpful if people were reporting issues either here or in the bug reports forum instead of using only ingame chat.

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 13:00
I wish I could hit like on posts because the above one made me laugh.

Tankjr
05-02-13, 13:02
Nabbl - Thumbs UP mate.

Dundonian
05-02-13, 13:52
chaos caves are completely ruined invisible hits / poison / mobs nice patch............... leveling almost grinds to a haulteven with a ppu...... yawn i cba anymore tbh you should have fixed APU barrels before you messed around with the caves not only do you have to dodge all of the above but you need to dodge your own barrels ............ >.< ...... :@

Zoltan
05-02-13, 14:19
tbh, the incredible runspeed is an highly underestaminated mistake did in 2007. We should find a way back to (CON SETUP > RUNSPEED), to become the game more NC1/2'ish again ;)

nabbl
05-02-13, 14:35
tbh, the incredible runspeed is an highly underestaminated mistake did in 2007. We should find a way back to (CON SETUP > RUNSPEED), to become the game more NC1/2'ish again ;)

this!

Same with this Weapon Lore thing... There once was a cap on 249% weapon precision. Aiming was just "capped". That meant that everybody was at the same level of his aiming skill. Now some people just put every single point in Weapon Lore instead of speccing some Hacking or Poking. Aiming became somehow more easy with that.
I would go the other way and suggest: Put a softcap on Damage and Frequency (which means damage at the end too) and put a cap on Aiming... (as closing reticle shouldn't be that fast as it can be now...)

Netphreak
05-02-13, 14:42

This. ^

I'm not saying reduce run speed to the point there's no point/advantage speccing more run speed that someone else, but it should be more balanced (flatter run speed increase curve per points spent or something), so that speccing CON is also viable.

For Spies and APU's runspeed was usually always more important than CON, but that's because they are meant to be squishie.

this!

Same with this Weapon Lore thing... There once was a cap on 249% weapon precision. Aiming was just "capped". That meant that everybody was at the same level of his aiming skill. ...

The whole aiming thing seems strange since NC1/NC2. I would prefer that people can hit the cap again and then it is down to other factors how well they fair. Their aiming skill, damage, movements, weapon characteristics etc, etc...

ancient
05-02-13, 15:09
I don't think run speed should be capped, If at all a soft cap, but I still think it should be left as it is with no cap. I like the fast paced combat it brings a challenge into the game, but there needs to be a way of letting pe's move faster. If I play PE then I just feel like a snale, even with drugs!

Props on the patch, gonna give it a test now (hope i've not lost any items! :/)

nabbl
05-02-13, 15:19
I don't think run speed should be capped, If at all a soft cap, but I still think it should be left as it is with no cap. I like the fast paced combat it brings a challenge into the game, but there needs to be a way of letting pe's move faster. If I play PE then I just feel like a snale, even with drugs!

Well, you just found a part of the problem why we only see Tanks and Spies (as damagedealers) in OP-Fights. These are the only classes which are able to get a really high runspeed.

Ivan Eres
05-02-13, 15:30
Well, you just found a part of the problem why we only see Tanks and Spies (as damagedealers) in OP-Fights.

I thought the reason for this is that APUs are not viable at the moment and that the PE is an allrounder who cannot compete with specialized classes in OP fights.

Nidhogg
05-02-13, 15:35
Please restrict your discussion to the patch only. We know we have some issues to solve in #179 (there are some large back-end changes) so we need to be able to focus on that. Thanks.

Mokoi
05-02-13, 15:37
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
TITAN in Test Drive Mode until further notice. (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147331-IMPORTANT-TITAN-in-Test-Drive-Mode-until-further-notice)

nabbl
05-02-13, 15:41
I thought the reason for this is that APUs are not viable at the moment and that the PE is an allrounder who cannot compete with specialized classes in OP fights.

I said: "A part of the problem". I didn't say it is the only problem.
And yes. The PE is an Allrounder which means he cannot put enough points on Athletics and Agility to be viable. In addition to the fact that his PAs (except the normal ones) have mali on Athletics or Agility. But he needs his PAs to reach the higher weapons. Another part of the problem.

Balancing is not that easy at it seems. If you change one thing there are a hundred other things which have to be thought through again. The whole balancing relies on item stats (armor, implants, weapons), calculations (resist, weaponry, runspeed), classes (roles, base stats) and player skill. You have to take everything into account.

For example the runspeed: You want to lower the runspeed because the Netcode of Neocron and its leveldesign makes it nearly impossible to maintain such a high runspeed?

Then you have to have a look at the aiming ability for example. When people are slower, will aiming be to easy? What about the resists? Will fights last long enough to be still entertaining? At what point should the skills (agility, athletics) be capping runspeed? Which classes should have a high base-runspeed?

Nixon
05-02-13, 15:59
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1679014/login.jpg

It'll be hard to even do community based QA like this.

Powerpunsh
05-02-13, 16:06
Vote for Runspeedcap on 0.86. :)
If a rework of drugs/implants/PA's will come we can discuss about removeing them. Thats the only possibility i see so far.

L0KI
05-02-13, 16:08
I noticed some issues earlier when in Regeants regarding mob clipping. Sluggers were taking the most direct root to me on occasions; totally ignoring the walls.

It's like my client was catching up with the server, and warping them through the walls.

I should note, this was with a stable 62 ping.

hatmankh
05-02-13, 16:22
[...]We will evaluate the chances of fixing these issues in a timely manner and will then decide wether a rollback or a hotfix is to be applied.
In any case, the database will be restored to the state of February 4th (pre patch) after the evaluation period has ended.[...]

This seems to be a contradiction, you will evaluate the chances of fixing the issues to see if there needs to be a rollback or not, then you say there definitely will be a rollback to February 4th at the end.. I'm confused, there might be a rollback to even earlier than the 4th? Is that what needs to be evaluated?

Dropout
05-02-13, 16:30
Same with this Weapon Lore thing... There once was a cap on 249% weapon precision. Aiming was just "capped". That meant that everybody was at the same level of his aiming skill.
There still is. Although its at 250%.
On tanks it does require a bit of "work" to reach, but it is quite easy to reach on spies.

nabbl
05-02-13, 16:37
There still is. Although its at 250%.
On tanks it does require a bit of "work" to reach, but it is quite easy to reach on spies.

Point taken. But don't you think that aiming is too easy with 250%?
My Spy has it and closing the reticle isn't much of a problem. But maybe this is has to be evaluated when the runspeed gets lowered.

Ivan Eres
05-02-13, 16:40
This seems to be a contradiction, you will evaluate the chances of fixing the issues to see if there needs to be a rollback or not, then you say there definitely will be a rollback to February 4th at the end.. I'm confused, there might be a rollback to even earlier than the 4th? Is that what needs to be evaluated?

1.) There will definitely be a rollback of the database to pre-patch status no matter what, because of the bugs (lost items etc.)
2.) If the patch #179 can be hotfixed it will be kept, if not it's gonna be rollbacked too

Nidhogg
05-02-13, 16:40
I'll start editing if you don't take this elsewhere. I've not been on an edit spree in literally years so I'm itching to re-live old times. :p

Nixon
05-02-13, 17:29
At what time is the Feb 4th database backup taken?

Got my first rare together and constructed full artifact 1 slot at about 6:00 CET on that day :(

Michael Corvin
05-02-13, 17:34
... Smells like Double XP ... hmm ... is giving these Problems a positive Spin ^^

msressi
05-02-13, 17:35
I took a TG Raygun Rifle out of my cab into my inventory, then turned around to put it into the gogu (to deliver it later today to a friend)
The weapon sadly went into cyberspace and never arrived in my gogu or came back to my inventory

If needed, I can provide a screen shot

WooT
05-02-13, 17:40
Can you tell us when the rollback comes?

i already lost the work of 20 hours monk lvling including all parts i found ..... playing / lvling when the database will be set to 04.02 is even for a game like neocrack pretty senseless....

tbh i dont understand in general why this anti-pve patch comes now(after 70% of the players got at least 1 WoC Char).

Just to fuck up the guys that have a real life(or came after the xp weekend back) or why?

Netphreak
05-02-13, 17:46

i already lost the work of 20 hours monk lvling including all parts i found ..... playing / lvling when the database will be set to 04.02 is even for a game like neocrack pretty senseless....

tbh i dont understand in general why this anti-pve patch comes now(after 70% of the players got at least 1 WoC Char).

Just to fuck up the guys that have a real life(or came after the xp weekend back) or why?

I think you need to chill out.
The devs are doing a lot of work and making real progress. Unfortunately NC still has a habit of creating weirdness when patched (anyone else remember KK's patches which would be followed by a hotfix to fix what the patch broke and then another hotfix to fix what the hotfix broke)

Also it's hardly an anti-pve patch. If anything the position updating fixes they are putting in place should make pve work better.
And hopefully lead to less incidents were you can't loot a mob even though you are standing on top of it, yet when you relog it is in fact somewhere else.

nEo-1664
05-02-13, 17:51

You've played 20hrs since whenever the 04/FEB backup was taken? And the patch is not designed to be anti-pve at all, its all improving the game play in all areas.

The dev's are doing this out of their own time and pocket, I seriously doubt it is to fuck us around.

The rollback will come once they have managed to work out the bugs with the current patch.

I saw Alduin on IRC say this earlier: Alduin|work the eta is: the more you test, the more you report, the sooner we can fix it :)

Now to me, this means any kind of a bug needs to be reported into the Bug Forum, and not just chatted about either on ingame chat, or IRC, but actualyl as a thread or post on the forums. The more information the dev team can get, the better the game will be for all of us :)

Trivaldi
05-02-13, 18:01
Now to me, this means any kind of a bug needs to be reported into the Bug Forum, and not just chatted about either on ingame chat, or IRC, but actually as a thread or post on the forums. The more information the dev team can get, the better the game will be for all of us :)
This stands for every issue you encounter regardless of the server being in test drive mode or not. I think we've proved with the work we've done so far that we're dedicated to improving the quality of the game and have done so since we took over.

Regarding to what point the server will be rolled back to;

In any case, the database will be restored to the state of February 4th (pre patch) after the evaluation period has ended.
An additional back up was taken during preparations (~2100 GMT) for R#179 go live, that will be the point the servers are returned to should a roll-back occur. Less than 20 hours ago.

damaged
05-02-13, 18:07
thanks for the info.

happy debugging and see you back in the future.

*dusting off the delorean*

Torg
05-02-13, 18:22

dont let NC degrade to bunnyhopping sillyness. slower movement means more tactics. i'd prefer thinking as a combat requirement over shaking your mouse any time.

nEo-1664
05-02-13, 18:25
This stands for every issue you encounter regardless of the server being in test drive mode or not. I think we've proved with the work we've done so far that we're dedicated to improving the quality of the game and have done so since we took over.

I completely agree. I can only imagine how it bugs you guys when players chat about bugs that have not been reported. It bloody bugs the crap out of me! Moaning about a bug, but doing nothing about it AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Just report it! :)

Regarding to what point the server will be rolled back to;

An additional back up was taken during preparations (~2100 GMT) for R#179 go live, that will be the point the servers are returned to should a roll-back occur. Less than 20 hours ago.

Thank you for the clarification on the backup time estimate. Hopefully this should stop others complaining about loosing game time when it is rolled back to this backup :)

As always, thank you guys for what you are doing :)

Nsomnia
05-02-13, 18:41
why put another cap or curve on a skill, if we keep tosing these on why not just make everyone the same lol, as a malee tank i spec a ton of agl and ath, take that away and malee damage would need to be upped 10 fold. stop capping and curving, dumb down all points evenly or we might as well just toss 50 in everything.

Praetorian
05-02-13, 18:42

I completely disagree. If you want to hit runspeed you need to look into other things as well then, like the foreign cast buff penalties, or APUs would die even faster so would spies. Its all tied together, so no, for the love of god do not touch runspeed before its thought through. I pvp'ed 2-3 hours straight in p2 after patch and i could hit people they could hit me. Its a non-issue. Seriously.

Netphreak
05-02-13, 18:57
why put another cap or curve on a skill, if we keep tosing these on why not just make everyone the same lol, as a malee tank i spec a ton of agl and ath, take that away and malee damage would need to be upped 10 fold. stop capping and curving, dumb down all points evenly or we might as well just toss 50 in everything.

It seemed to work pretty well in NC1/NC2, when balanced with the weapon drawn speed reductions.
As far as I know/remember it was a soft-cap, so you could still overspec above that, it's just the run-speed advantages/curve was flatter above the soft-cap

E.g. a melee tank had to be in their opponents face to do damage, so put them at greater risk but melee weapons had little speed reduction when drawn so allowed them to dodge more easily compared to a H-C tank.
Same with pistols vrs rifles, trading off damage for speed and easier aiming.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 20:59
It seemed to work pretty well in NC1/NC2, when balanced with the weapon drawn speed reductions.
As far as I know/remember it was a soft-cap, so you could still overspec above that, it's just the run-speed advantages/curve was flatter above the soft-cap

E.g. a melee tank had to be in their opponents face to do damage, so put them at greater risk but melee weapons had little speed reduction when drawn so allowed them to dodge more easily compared to a H-C tank.
Same with pistols vrs rifles, trading off damage for speed and easier aiming.

Agreed. Lets see how it shakes out in the patch though.

Lol at the guy who has played 20 hours in the last 24 though and then asks if the Devs care about people who have real lives. The irony made me chuckle.

L0KI
05-02-13, 21:09

Even the irony in this post is ironic.

Unrestrained
05-02-13, 21:12
Just logged on to have a quick look now, and on first impressions I'd say this patch is a fail. It is basically a fix for PvP players and althought I am all for fixing position related issues this has just brought a whole lot of problems with PvE which is already riddled with problems. In my opinion somthing needs to be done about resists and mob damage before allowing mobs to hit everytime. Im fully aware that the people working on this do so in their own time, but this does not mean they should focus in the wrong areas, there are more LE'd people than what are in OP wars so sort the PvE out before PvP

Mokoi
05-02-13, 21:15
Just logged on to have a quick look now, and on first impressions I'd say this patch is a fail. It is basically a fix for PvP players and althought I am all for fixing position related issues this has just brought a whole lot of problems with PvE which is already riddled with problems. In my opinion somthing needs to be done about resists and mob damage before allowing mobs to hit everytime. Im fully aware that the people working on this do so in their own time, but this does not mean they should focus in the wrong areas, there are more LE'd people than what are in OP wars so sort the PvE out before PvP

If you can name specific issues as to how the interpolation tweaks have had a negative impact on PvE game mechanics, please create a dedicated bug report.
There was no intention to alter PvE balance and the chances for a mob to hit you should remain unchanged (unless you refer to drones, that is)

gostly
05-02-13, 21:20
If you're gonna rollback the server, do it already. I'm not even playing the game until it happens because I only just found out (after almost capping my int on my spy) that it's inevitable.

[ edited ]

Unrestrained
05-02-13, 21:22
If you can name specific issues as to how the interpolation tweaks have had a negative impact on PvE game mechanics, please create a dedicated bug report.
There was no intention to alter PvE balance and the chances for a mob to hit you should remain unchanged (unless you refer to drones, that is)

It is not a bug in anyway, the mob attacks me and I get hit, which is the way it should be. But as we all know you must hide on ledges and around corners because the mob damage is basically rediculous. Now even doing that does not allow me to avoid damage and therefore I can not level even though I have medikits, injectors, correct armour and resists. So for those who are capped, good for them. For people trying to level, good luck without know a PPU to follow you at all times.

Unrestrained
05-02-13, 21:26
[ edited ]

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-13, 21:37
I appreciate the work you guys are doing - but keeping us updated on whats going on would be lovely :)

Trivaldi
05-02-13, 21:50
If you're gonna rollback the server, do it already. I'm not even playing the game until it happens because I only just found out (after almost capping my int on my spy) that it's inevitable.
At the moment we need as many people as possible online so we can fix any of the issue currently present. The less people play, the less people report, the longer we will be in this situation. As such I urge you to reconsider.

I appreciate the work you guys are doing - but keeping us updated on whats going on would be lovely :)
We're currently assessing all the reports made in the bug report forum along with the information we can gain from the server itself to identify lasting issues. Once identified we are fixing the issues one at a time as quickly as we can. At this time the only updates we can provide is encouragement to keep playing, keep trying different mechanics and keep reporting the issues you discover to help us get back to normal.

While the patch may not seem substantial in the number of bullet points in the patch notes, some very heavy lifting has been done behind the scenes to improve the stability and security of your Neocron experience. While we do of course test these changes extensively before we bring them to retail, the volume of players on Titan and the significant number of combinations of their actions is not something we can emulate in our test environments. So please, keep testing.

gostly
05-02-13, 22:24
At the moment we need as many people as possible online so we can fix any of the issue currently present. The less people play, the less people report, the longer we will be in this situation. As such I urge you to reconsider.

While I understand your point of view and appreciate what you guys are doing, you can't *realistically* expect everyone to keep playing as if everything is ok when they know a rollback to yesterday is coming. My suggestion would be rollback to before the patch(as you were going to do) so that we can play. In the meantime, fix what has been reported so far with #179 and then re-implement the patch.

The progress I made in-game after #179 that will be rolled back, I'm not too happy about it. But if it's what has to be done then so be it. I'm not gonna keep playing though knowing that any progress I make I will have to do all over again when the rollback happens. Do a double xp week if people log into the test server to test this stuff if you wanna test things, but I'm trying to make progress with my characters right now.

solling
05-02-13, 22:47
i HATE this new run speed. Spies are super fast while tanks are still hulking around :(

Reactivator
05-02-13, 22:54
While I understand your point of view and appreciate what you guys are doing, you can't *realistically* expect everyone to keep playing as if everything is ok when they know a rollback to yesterday is coming. My suggestion would be rollback to before the patch(as you were going to do) so that we can play. In the meantime, fix what has been reported so far with #179 and then re-implement the patch.

I understand that all of you want to go on with their char life but you have to honor the status of the server and its circumstances. It's a fine thing that some developers still work on things like the net code and even implement some deeper changes, so a public bug reporting period is the minimum they can expect from us to test their work. As they said, they can't simulate a testing environment with the amount of players we have on Titan, so keep that in mind.

A rollback at the current time wouldn't make sense, I think it would make things even more difficult because re-implementing the changes is more hard work than now. Go with the situation, see it as a chance: Improve the game, experiment with your chars. If a rollback is really coming, you may test things you wouldn't normally do (testings resists, weapons, and so on).

gostly
05-02-13, 23:11
I understand that all of you want to go on with their char life but you have to honor the status of the server and its circumstances. It's a fine thing that some developers still work on things like the net code and even implement some deeper changes, so a public bug reporting period is the minimum they can expect from us to test their work. As they said, they can't simulate a testing environment with the amount of players we have on Titan, so keep that in mind.

A rollback at the current time wouldn't make sense, I think it would make things even more difficult because re-implementing the changes is more hard work than now. Go with the situation, see it as a chance: Improve the game, experiment with your chars. If a rollback is really coming, you may test things you wouldn't normally do (testings resists, weapons, and so on).

A lot of us aren't capped so testing things like that is pointless. Trying to get capped is what some of us wanna do and I know I can't be the only one staying offline until this rollback happens. I hate rollbacks but it's something that has always been a part of NC's development. Trust me when I say that what I was doing (researching for int xp) will not help test anything. Last night though I did the quad quest for a different char and drove around grabbing a ton of gen reps, that will now be reset. SO, I'll just stay offline, I think the important things have been reported by now (items getting bugged out mainly).

Ivan Eres
05-02-13, 23:52
Lots of QQ

Don't be miffed. If you wanna keep the patch and have the game move forward hop onto the server and do all the crazy things you normally wouldn't now.

I for my part will lom my tank completely to agl and atl to see how fast i can really go and if this talk about hyperspace speed is true :D

A bullet will be nothing compared to me ! :P

gostly
06-02-13, 00:06
Don't be miffed. If you wanna keep the patch and have the game move forward hop onto the server and do all the crazy things you normally wouldn't now.

I for my part will lom my tank completely to agl and atl to see how fast i can really go and if this talk about hyperspace speed is true :D

A bullet will be nothing compared to me ! :P

lol "Lots of QQ"...yea I guess so but if you look at the population, it's dropping more and more with people having nothing to do and knowing the rollback is coming. That's all I'm saying.

Gh0st.
06-02-13, 00:08
Finally getting back into this game after a long break, and I'm trying to level a monk. Getting dc'd every 2mins. :(

Ivan Eres
06-02-13, 00:11
lol "Lots of QQ"...yea I guess so but if you look at the population, it's dropping more and more with people having nothing to do and knowing the rollback is coming. That's all I'm saying.

TBH I first thought the same, let's sit and wait it out. But in the end nobody wins if we do this. We must also help to have things move forward.

flib
06-02-13, 00:58
They could rollback the patch now, but we'd have to go through this all over again next time. Better to get it out of the way now.
If you want to play again sooner, go test.

Ninhursag
06-02-13, 01:14
yea... i cant belive ppl played for xp after the patch... even 20 hours ... makes me laugh.

tbh .. u deserved it. it was anounced after the patch failed, got hotfixed etc. itw as in irc it was on the laucher it was on the forums... if you dont read stuff specialy after a patch in neocron, you shouldnt be arount the internet at all :D

ok that was rough i admit but it anoys me.
i can tho understand that ppl in theire midlvls are not highly motivated to test things out as with the le in .. they cant test any pvp stuff... and are too uncreative to do some rp ... (btw rp in nc is that still there??? was one of the biggest atmo creating things back in nc1.. now i only see ppl doing the have to do jobs and killing stuff....)

as for me i was busy today but if tomorrow evening its still on test ... i will gladly hop on and do some of the usual stuff to help test things out and do my part of it.

hell imagine back in 04 or so .. kk would have said... they improved the netcode.. all what we want you to do ist to play 2 days knowing that a rollback will come.... they would have flooded the server cos the netcode ist the main thing that bugs ppl since the beginning of the game. now we get the chance to help fix it, we got finaly a crew who cares bout fixing things and who is obiously able to fix it sooner or later.... and all the comunity asks for is ..get free xp in compensation... omg cant lvl no purpose to get on server.... seriously ???

if thats the comunity 2013 ... guys plz pull the cables outa the servers and get a payed job .. its not worth it

ancient
06-02-13, 01:52
Please restrict your discussion to the patch only.

Quote from PATCH NOTES ....

We feel that it may be benefitial for PvP to tone down ultra fast runspeeds even before we get to the greater balancing. Of course, we appreciate constructive feedback regarding the matter and will continue to observe how things pan out on retail.

I thought what we were talking about was EXACTLY what you'd asked us to discuss?!

Dropout
06-02-13, 01:59
Quote from PATCH NOTES ....

I thought what we were talking about was EXACTLY what you'd asked us to discuss?!

Uh thats actually true..
Well then, carry on! This is indeed a VERY important subject!
Will reply with a more lengthy reply tommorow, when Im not half asleep :D

ancient
06-02-13, 02:32
The progress I made in-game after #179 that will be rolled back, I'm not too happy about it.

Should of read the big red writing on the launcher tbf.

One thing I've noticed is the new netcode is effecting the height people jump from other peoples persepctive, someone touched on it before by mentioning bunny hopping but I feel I need to go into more detail.

With the increased accuracy in positioning, and the effect specking points in ath and agil has on jump height, it's very easy to jump about and be almost impossible to hit (I've especially noticed this in places where there's obstacles of different height, like the ramp with rails on it in p2 for example).

I wouldn't be as rash to say "NERF JUMP HEIGHT!!!!" as this will impact other things, like legitimate jumping to get up things you need to in your day to day NC life (how many of us have turned p1 into a platform game at some point? :P). However spamming jump (with the addition of stam boosts making you be able to do this constantly in fights) is a problem.

I'm desperatly racking my brains for a way this could be sorted out without having an impact on other things, thus far I've got a few, but it would fuck up other things in game if implemented so I'm not even going to mention them. If anyone has any ideas ...

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 05:13
easy. alter reticle closure/size/aim lock/accuracy when in mid air. jump or shoot. dice did it with battlefield 2 when the bunny hopping / dolphin diving was prevalent.

ancient
06-02-13, 06:25
easy. alter reticle closure/size/aim lock/accuracy when in mid air. jump or shoot. dice did it with battlefield 2 when the bunny hopping / dolphin diving was prevalent.

The thing is, the people jumping aren't trying to aim, they are just jumping about avoiding getting shot, and if this can be done for long periods of time, it's a game mechanic that's not working imo.

On another note, Getting the retical to close faster, will however fix any issue that will arise from the updated positioning, and the apparent "extra speed" some players feel others have.

Model192
06-02-13, 07:24
In Neocron 1 my spy was as fast as a jeep chaincraft thing, though my PE is no where near able to get to that now....and now the reticule is MUCH slower and MUCH worse.

Speed has always been king...and it will always be king in Cyberpunk(as a Solo) unless you make something where the tank resists damage while cutting move speed, or grabs monster amounts of health/resists. Agility/dodge was always capped on a fighting char in Cyberpunk games.

With that said, the nerf to the aiming reticule is ridiculous. It used to be much faster, and much more viable. A capped char working for said corporations with monster rank and at the "peak of evolution" would aim much, much better than they do. Unlike other cyberpunk games, the aiming doesn't seem to scale to the badass level you become. Reticules used to instalock for most weapons and be viable. Don't even THINK about using a pain easer now or any weapon like that. Aiming in neocron is a bit of a joke now at the upper tier, not even in the shadow of the former aiming.

Hammer
06-02-13, 08:52
can we plz get any news about the status? is there not an option to reroll server to 178 and bring 179 later on the live servers?

ancient
06-02-13, 08:57
can we plz get any news about the status? is there not an option to reroll server to 178 and bring 179 later on the live servers?

Just Wait tm?

gostly
06-02-13, 09:59
So I just logged in, noticed the server has been rolled back...but no announcement so I'll just stay away from it until it's safe to play...updates pls

Trivaldi
06-02-13, 10:08
So I just logged in, noticed the server has been rolled back...but no announcement so I'll just stay away from it until it's safe to play...updates pls
Server is still in test mode. More news later today.

Hammer
06-02-13, 10:31

thats what i mean :) plz post such things as news updates, so we all fell better with more information. And when its only the information : we are still working and a test rollback is coming etc....."

Every information update is better than no information update :)

Dropout
06-02-13, 10:33
With the increased accuracy in positioning, and the effect specking points in ath and agil has on jump height, it's very easy to jump about and be almost impossible to hit (I've especially noticed this in places where there's obstacles of different height, like the ramp with rails on it in p2 for example).

I wouldn't be as rash to say "NERF JUMP HEIGHT!!!!" as this will impact other things, like legitimate jumping to get up things you need to in your day to day NC life (how many of us have turned p1 into a platform game at some point? :P). However spamming jump (with the addition of stam boosts making you be able to do this constantly in fights) is a problem.

I'm desperatly racking my brains for a way this could be sorted out without having an impact on other things, thus far I've got a few, but it would fuck up other things in game if implemented so I'm not even going to mention them. If anyone has any ideas ...
That.. does not sound very good.. Looking forward to testing it later today though.
Bunnyhopping is IMO just as bad as clipping, and possibly worse.
How the state currently is, I obviously cannot say, since I havent tested it out yet myself.
Will get back to spam away on the forum, when I have tested it myself, after Work :p

Garfield
06-02-13, 11:19
whats the deal with it? i dont see a runspeed cap as a nerf tbh.
2.1 cap`s where great, gosh so many different setups. it whas fun and even with its runspeed cap it wasnt near nor even close to be a "slow mo happy ending" PvP...

Nidhogg
06-02-13, 11:25
No. Runspeed changes are not part of this patch and that comment is just a heads up for the future. I'm not telling you not to discuss this, I just don't want you doing it on this thread because there are clearly more important things to discuss at this point in time.

nabbl
06-02-13, 11:28
Wanted to say something about runspeed. Read Nidhoggs post afterwards.

Someone has to open a thread in brainport section plz.

Satan2k2
06-02-13, 11:42
I started this thread for runspeed discussion in the brainport forum:
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147356-R-179-Runspeed-Discussion

Dumdies
06-02-13, 12:08

Oh the joy after nearly 24 hours of nothing :P thanks Triv keep us updated as always :D

Shirlias
06-02-13, 14:43
Could a new one be useful to this? or re you looking for bugs that can see with a builded char?
I mean, as low lvl what could i do? :p

Hammer
06-02-13, 15:56
login server down

Ninhursag
06-02-13, 15:57
Could a new one be useful to this? or re you looking for bugs that can see with a builded char?
I mean, as low lvl what could i do? :p

sure.. as they said some of the bugs come only when they have a critical number of players logged in at the same time.

explore a bit neocron, check some shops out, walk around on a sightseeing tour in via rosso, make a look in the outzone, check some shops or make a funy game in neofrag...check the zoo visit venture warp.. try loming etc

or just log in and stay afk if nothing of that pleases to you

Genji
06-02-13, 19:42
Before you end this "testing" thing you have going on could you Please change the 15 END on the MOVEON to 15 ATL.
8 transpost, 8 health, and 15 atlehtics won't make the MOVEON as powerfull as the PPR, but it will atleast make it useful instead of worthless.

Thanx

Dropout
06-02-13, 19:46
Before you end this "testing" thing you have going on could you Please change the 15 END on the MOVEON to 15 ATL.
8 transpost, 8 health, and 15 atlehtics won't make the MOVEON as powerfull as the PPR, but it will atleast make it useful instead of worthless.

Thanx
....I would without doubt use that, over a PPR... :p

DigestiveBiscui
06-02-13, 21:10

how much later?

Genji
06-02-13, 21:13
....I would without doubt use that, over a PPR... :p

SHHH...I mean..er yea, that's just cause your not into having good resists..and stuff.

Please disregaurd silly walker and make this change, moveon has been useless long enough!

Nsomnia
06-02-13, 22:14
N den...... any updates, would really really like to continue lvling tonight!

Dribble Joy
06-02-13, 22:19
The changes to the mob AI also seems to have improved the dmg bounce bug. I've noticed that there's almost no random dmg from WBs and the dmg from the beams is permanent. Same with mad copbots. Spiderbots still bounce. Haven't checked firemobs yet.

Genji
06-02-13, 22:53
The changes to the mob AI also seems to have improved the dmg bounce bug. I've noticed that there's almost no random dmg from WBs and the dmg from the beams is permanent. Same with mad copbots. Spiderbots still bounce. Haven't checked firemobs yet.

So, some times I'd take a small amount of damage or big damage and a bounce (which I always assumed was a bug with resists), ar you saying I'll still take the big hits just without bounces or only normal damage and n big hits/bounce at all?

Also, change END to ATL on MOVEON plz!

Dropout
06-02-13, 23:40
So, some times I'd take a small amount of damage or big damage and a bounce (which I always assumed was a bug with resists), ar you saying I'll still take the big hits just without bounces or only normal damage and n big hits/bounce at all?

Also, change END to ATL on MOVEON plz!

And CON to STR!! Would be an absolutely awesome implant then :D

Mokoi
06-02-13, 23:46
We have no intention to change item stats prior to the balancing.
Please keep this thread free of "change item xy to value xz" chatter.
Thank you ;)

Genji
07-02-13, 02:06
We have no intention to change item stats prior to the balancing.
Please keep this thread free of "change item xy to value xz" chatter.
Thank you ;)

ok I'll drop it, but you better not forget it when you get around to doing this "balancing"! Whoever decided to change it to what it is now should be ashamed of themselves. >.>

Deus Ex Machina
07-02-13, 14:00
Some Patch Feedback:
Migration of mobs in shore sectors to the shore and further offshore (at least in the northern sectors) seems to have stopped.

Also Warbots have increased their threat, shooting more often if you are partially in cover (houses, hills) and such things. They are still a bit inefficent though, their energy cannon more so then the rockets (I noticed that they use their rocket launcher more often than the cannon when I am above them, makes sense though since the launcher is mounted on the shoulder, the energycannon in the hand).

It also seems Spiderbots are a bit less dangerous now, they are missing the occasional shot more often.

Trivaldi
07-02-13, 14:43
Thank you Deus Ex Machina.

All, please continue to report issues as you experience them. Last night's Hot Fix (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147316-R-179-180-Patch-Notes&p=2202082&viewfull=1#post2202082) should improve a number of things and we need to be sure these improvements are working. Keep testing and keep reporting. Comments on improvements since the hot fix are also helpful :)

L0KI
07-02-13, 14:47
Couple of observations after 40 mins of running about and killing people. Sorry to the guys that were ganked :p

- Clipping seems minimal. Didn't see a single clip in all the fights I had.

- Not sure if it was intended (or is a coincidence), but zoning seems extremely fast. I actually zoned from P3 to PP1 without even seeing a Sync screen. Honestly, the fastest I have ever zoned. Could this be related to the netcode changes?

- Went to Regeants, mobs no longer flying through walls

- Made a couple of big trades, and quick cash trades, all seemed fine.

So far I haven't found any negatives with this latest version. Still testing though.

Ivan Eres
07-02-13, 16:25
- Not sure if it was intended (or is a coincidence), but zoning seems extremely fast. I actually zoned from P3 to PP1 without even seeing a Sync screen. Honestly, the fastest I have ever zoned.

Wow. I'd really like to login now to see this myself but I am at work :(

Mattimeo
07-02-13, 18:40
I did ~ 30 crafts since the hotfix, no items transforming into the wrong things. but that could be luck or low load, but it did happen a lot prior.

(also wow my first post since 07)

nabbl
07-02-13, 21:33
gonna be testing later on if it should still be required.

Castr0
07-02-13, 22:11
Hello,

First, I don't think I have taken the time to thanks the dev team for all their work. So thanks a lot. I have came back in Neocron (I stopped about 3 years ago and in my despiteness, I have even tried WoW ...) and I enjoy it a lot !!

I have been playing a bit yesterday. I went in the waste on my quad, hunt a few warbot. I haven't noticed any particular problems.
Today I fought with Zoltan in Plaza (and killed him so many times before I woke up) :
- Clipping seems fixed.
- I do think the game is becoming better and better.
- Please revive APU and hybrids ! :D

PS : Neocron 2.2 rocks (if you go in details, things were not better before, your imagination makes you think so !)

Deus Ex Machina
11-02-13, 03:31
After playing against Warbots now a while I have to say their damage now seems more manageable. Might be because it is "processed" faster and the "far down, jumps up again" is far less, but it doesn't seem to kill now after two shots, still can't hold too many shots, but thats to be expected with my resists and Armor.

FireWarrior
11-02-13, 14:45
Not sure if it is patch related or not but I noticed a rather high frequency of characters mis-load last night. You zone into or out of P1 (mostly) and end up with another players character entirely (stats, inventory, the works). This meant that suddenly my gogo was a combination of the other players and my own. A relog fixes it, but in about 6 hours worth of gaming I ran into this 4 times, which seems a lot higher than what I usually experience.

EDIT: The patch notes makes mention of fixing a bug that caused mobs to retreat, but this behaviour once again seem actually be more frequent than otherwise - Mostly noticed slaughtering rats in P1 sewers. Unfortunately I have no hard data on this one.