PDA

View Full Version : Set CityMercs HQ as savezone, set Military Base Center to normal zone

CM Punk
05-02-13, 01:01
Hi,

I would like to ask what the other runners and GM's think about switching off the safezone in Military Base, but setting the Citymercs HQ to a safezone.
Currently Citymercs HQ is, as I know it, the only faction which hasn't a safe savezone. I don't want to discuss other problems, like the long ways for recycling missions to put up sl and symp after getting hired for a job, but I think it would be nice to switch the Safezones.
Like years ago, we could set the upper level as a non-safezone, that would open the base to be a raidable place for Black Dragons and Twilight Guardians, like we Mercs can raid the TG Canyon. Right now, nearly no pvp happens there, which sets the MB obsolet right know from that aspect.
I guess it would revive a lot of action, raids and fun in the base :)

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 07:17
yeah. it shouldnt be a safe zone. The hq should. Canyon isn't a safe zone other than the hq so dont make the main base a safe zone. more raidable = good.

Dribble Joy
05-02-13, 09:25
While I disagree slightly on why, I do think Sec-1 should not be a safe zone. But then I also think all the HQs should not be safe zones.

I'm also thinking that CM guards should attack runners (but maybe not CMs?) with drawn weapons (and all HQ guards doing the same?).

William Antrim
05-02-13, 14:13
If you disagree then please say why. All your post has done is start a topic in a topic. All hqs should be safe imo. Gives the faction traders somewhere to work and feel part of their hq. The rest of it should be public just like the rest of nc. The mercs aren't special.

Torg
05-02-13, 18:15
MB center should be a safezone, just like plaza 1. (and TH center, and all of plaza and VR). theres plenty of space for zoneline fights elsewhere.
in general, there should be safe tradezones (apart from HQs) for increased trading opportunities, RP and hanging out.
random killing, well, Pepper Park, any anywhere else.

Dribble Joy
05-02-13, 18:36
If you disagree then please say why.
For reasons that are not pertinent to this thread.

All your post has done is start a topic in a topic.
Are you just fishing for a troll now? Any response by you to a post I've made (and other for that matter) has been increasingly antagonistic recently.

MB center should be a safezone, just like plaza 1. (and TH center, and all of plaza and VR). theres plenty of space for zoneline fights elsewhere.
in general, there should be safe tradezones (apart from HQs) for increased trading opportunities, RP and hanging out.
random killing, well, Pepper Park, any anywhere else.
NC1 was far too heavy on the safezones. I'd rather see none at all provided proper deterrents are in place. Whether any deterrents would actually deter is another matter though.

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 19:23
MB TH ETC NO SAFEZONE. HQ = Safezone.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 20:42
No not fishing for a troll at all. The original post said enough. You cannot disagree with something and not give a reason why. It spits in the face of discussion. Your second point I agree with but it is enough of an issue to warrant its own thread in my mind. Hence my original response.

P.s please understand I am not being antagonistic, merely critical.

CM Punk
06-02-13, 14:54
While I disagree slightly on why, I do think Sec-1 should not be a safe zone. But then I also think all the HQs should not be safe zones.

I'm also thinking that CM guards should attack runners (but maybe not CMs?) with drawn weapons (and all HQ guards doing the same?).

I guess the HQ's are safezone for the same reason, why the old HQ's are safezones now: To prohibit droners getting easy xp. Of course, these guys are now at other points, killing the guy in PP 3 or other characters,standing leveling in Protopharm Lab, where it's quite possible, but not as droners in team in the HQ's.
So i guess, there are reasons to prohibit fighting in HQ's, but still, the Sec1 isn't a HQ.

The second point is a good one, as it should be everywhere (in Canyon as well as in Techhaven, that enemies of the owning faction ( MB = Mercs, TH=FA, Canyon = TG) should be warned and getting attacked as past as possible.

The problem would be little characters, who wants to level at MB, which almost got LE and are protected from pk's, but would get attacked by the guards. But I like that idea of restricting weapon usage in MB: It should work like the copbots KI, that they start to shoot after a warining and some seconds. Then even when Sec1 would be fightzone, Raids getting harder by supporting City Merc Guards. But then the same in Canyon and the reprogrammed Copbots in TH.