PDA

View Full Version : Alliance vs Tsunami

Kame
04-02-13, 22:08
http://forum.neocron-game.com/entry.php?92-Anti-Tsunami-Alliance-Strikes-Again

Interesting report in NC Chronicle regarding this weekends OP wars. Almost entirely accurate, except for the Infected supporting Tsunami bits. Infected has been hacking RSC's OP with the rest of the so-called alliance, not fighting on our side.

I can report 1 un-clan Tsunami runner, and 1 clanned Hooters runner being on our side, and sunday only.

Again, we have no ties with Infected.

L0KI
04-02-13, 22:17
As someone that's been on the wrong side of it, I hate this sort of alliance. The game isn't big enough to require such an alliance.

RSC most definitely has my support.

William Antrim
04-02-13, 22:47
Mine too. This sort of alliance has just thrown RP and factions right out of the window. Syndicate faced it in NC1 and some of RSCs members will know what I mean.

I am going to join Rabbi in this one. RSC has my support too should it be needed.

Trivaldi
04-02-13, 23:12
Should you wish to take this to the RP side of the fence please remember the Neocronicle has a commenting functionality based on your forum user account. It would be great to see more user commenting directly on the stories and getting involved in the roleplay behind them.

I and my team of reporters are glad to see the Neocronicle's readership is growing. :)

If you spot any irregularities feel free to drop me a line to trivaldi@neocron-game.com this also stands true if you would like to submit a one off article in response to any claims made in our City's fine press. ;)

Praetorian
04-02-13, 23:12
So you're saying this is an ACTUAL agreed upon by clanleaders alliance - and not just everyone else getting fed up with 1 particular clans incessant shit talk on OOC? :p

Anyway, they are ninjahacking their OPS back during the night so its all going in the right direction... no wait... :rolleyes:

Model192
04-02-13, 23:19
So you're saying this is an ACTUAL agreed upon by clanleaders alliance - and not just everyone else getting fed up with 1 particular clans incessant shit talk on OOC? :p

Anyway, they are ninjahacking their OPS back during the night so its all going in the right direction... no wait... :rolleyes:

Shit talk and challenging people is one thing, zerging us and making us fight greens is another thing. It's pretty stupid. When even numbers the players we fight against lose every time. It's pretty bad.

Strife

Anyway, they are ninjahacking their OPS back during the night so its all going in the right direction... no wait... :rolleyes:You 30 vrs 10 then whine because they took back some ops? EARN an outpost for once, then you have the right to bitch about being ninja'd.

How about you, and your clan stfu and just play the game and have some good fights?

Xiphias
most of the trash talk is in German though...

Praetorian
04-02-13, 23:41
Shit talk and challenging people is one thing, zerging us and making us fight greens is another thing. It's pretty stupid. When even numbers the players we fight against lose every time. It's pretty bad.

Well, OOC is made for it, but if the shittalk gets too retarded its just annoying. Let me give you a few examples...

Example 1: RSC whines about people clipping, 30 minutes later their entire OP team does nothing but clip themselves for 10 minutes straight.
Example 2: RSC gets whooped at an OP - outnumbered. No boasting from attackers on OOC. RSC beats/kills someone and immediatly spams OOC with "MOCK!" "LEARN TO PLAY" "YEAH RUN FAGGOTS!" etc...

That behaviour isnt really making your reputation any better. People see right through it.

Anyway, green on green is stupid i will definatly agree on that. But im tempted into saying that if you piss people off long enough you will probably get a response out of it.

You 30 vrs 10 then whine because they took back some ops? EARN an outpost for once, then you have the right to bitch about being ninja'd.

How about you, and your clan stfu and just play the game and have some good fights?

So what is the magic number when people "earn" an outpost by your standards? And trying to excuse ninjahacking OPs back is perhaps *THE* most retarded thing anyone can do in this game. Seriously. Once that shit starts, it kills off PvP immediatly. Ask several servers back from the NC1 days.

Anyway, my clan DID had fun pvp'ing. My clan felt NO need to crawl away silently when beaten nor boast and spam OOC when killing someone. So really, im not bitching nor do i feel inclined to stfu. Just because RSC is being butthurt over first being steamrolled after having aggravated the rest of the server then having to ninjahack their shit back to try and save face isnt my problem.

Im just pointing out the obvious.

Strife
05-02-13, 00:00
Example 2: RSC gets whooped at an OP - outnumbered. No boasting from attackers on OOC. RSC beats/kills someone and immediatly spams OOC with "MOCK!" "LEARN TO PLAY" "YEAH RUN FAGGOTS!" etc...Because your "alliance" didnt spam the server with 'punkbustered'. There's two people that need to chill out, and they will be told to do so. You acting like it's the entire clan is simply wrong.

Earning an op isnt taking it by calling every clan you can to outnumber 3 to 1. It's not taking an OP when you know the enemy is engaged elsewhere. I'm not trying to excuse it at all. I simply said don't be surprised when you resort to cheap tactics and get the same in return. Now you complaining about killing off PvP when you're trying to zerg a clan so they cant stand a chance to even fight is just utterly fucking moronic.

Now if you're in Fusion, you werent ninja hacked at all. Coming to defend an op with near equal numbers, losing, then crying ninja hacking is again, utterly fucking moronic.

You can sit there and be mad because someone said something mean about your clan, tell yourself we're ALL bad people because of 2-3 shittalkers, the fact is we're the ONE clan in this game save maybe Regulators that just wants to have fun fair fights. We still refuse to barrel UG's when the server is having issues with longer than normal syncs, as EVERY clan does against us.

Walk a mile in our shoes and deal with the GM harassment because RED dies to us and cries cheater to GM friends. Multiple members getting banned with supposedly nothing more than a "I know what you're doing.". Unable to fight op fights because half of us cant sync into a zone in under 7 seconds and have to deal with every clan being so petty to barrel the UG.

I've done nothing but help anyone out that needed it. I sometimes enjoy Plaza2 fights and will ressurect and buff any enemy that asks or needs it. I don't need to win at any cost as 80% of the current playerbase needs to, I just want a good fight. In return I have people attacking me during sync into p2, or blatantly crashed, barreling the UG killing me in sync, people resorting to mass outnumbering us in op fights just so they can "win". Why shouldnt I be a shittalking prick when I get nothing but disrespect from your clan, and most other german clans.

I know we have a few loud mouth assholes in the clan, but they're more respectable PvP'ers and quite frankly more mature than most of this whole alliance. They don't whine cheater after fights to GM's. If they lose a fight, they regear and go back to it, not call in 3 other clans. They don't exploit long syncs to get an easy op fight win at all costs. We respect you enough as another player of the game we all love to give YOU a good fight, meanwhile you(in general) spit in our face and don't return the same level of respect and maturity.

da_fu$e
05-02-13, 00:04
Infected don't support RSC or other clans!

OLD No.7 BrAnD
05-02-13, 00:07

That's pretty much it! -Wrong claim (http://forum.neocron-game.com/entry.php?92-Anti-Tsunami-Alliance-Strikes-Again).

Ryan Steiner
05-02-13, 00:12

Well.... You, Mr. Dafuse and other Infected members attacked members of the "Alliance" when they were fighting at Rockshore against RSC.

Thats at least what i saw in the video i watched 5 minutes ago ;)

Dropout
05-02-13, 00:15
Snip
Well thought out post mate. Very well written.
And yes, RSC do have a few members that needs to shut the hell up (Tino and Dio, Im looking at the two of you). But other than those members, not much are being said on OOC from RSC.
The whole alliance thing is pretty lame, and as someone else said, the game just isnt big enough for big alliances.
However RSC does have quite a lot of members now (which I do find a little sad - since I was thinking of joining aswell, but with the current numbers, Im not so sure :( ), so I can see why some clans group up to fight you.

Anyways, I should probably stay out of this from now on, since I am not currently with any clan, and wont be till I cap a goddamn spy :p

OLD No.7 BrAnD
05-02-13, 00:16
Well Mr. Steiner, as far as it concerns Infected, we went to Rockshore Factory to fight RSC on our own. As you probably would have seen on the TH-Network Stats-DB (http://stats.techhaven.org/de/clan/infected)(03 Feb 2013) Infected has hacked OP's from RSC on the same evening without being neither in ally with LG/RED/FUSION, nor in an ally with RSC.
We went there to have fun and to attack everything located in this area.

da_fu$e
05-02-13, 00:17
Well Mr. Steiner, as far as it concerns Infected, we went to Rockshore Factory to fight RSC on our own. As you probably would have seen on the TH-Network Stats-DB (http://stats.techhaven.org/de/clan/infected) Infected has hacked OP's from RSC on the same evening without being neither in ally with LG/RED/FUSION, nor in an ally with RSC.
We went there to have fun and to attack everything located in this area.

word

Model192
05-02-13, 00:22
However RSC does have quite a lot of members now (which I do find a little sad - since I was thinking of joining aswell, but with the current numbers, Im not so sure :( ), so I can see why some clans group up to fight you.

No. Most we've had on at one time when *I* was around was 12. Infected can conjure that number for fighting in less than 10 minutes out of thin air. Most members in RSC are alts.

The constant "RSC hacks" and blah blah blah shit is getting old. Our op fighting is sub par, at best, it's not my fault people are even worse.

We took special care to only fight Fusion to get our ops back, because we had 7 and they had 7 online. It was not ninja. They lost to us very very badly.

Dropout
05-02-13, 00:28
No. Most we've had on at one time when *I* was around was 12. Infected can conjure that number for fighting in less than 10 minutes out of thin air. Most members in RSC are alts.

The constant "RSC hacks" and blah blah blah shit is getting old. Our op fighting is sub par, at best, it's not my fault people are even worse.

We took special care to only fight Fusion to get our ops back, because we had 7 and they had 7 online. It was not ninja. They lost to us very very badly.

Fair enough, I just saw 16 RSC online one day, but those could have been dual loggers ofc.

There will always be that kinda shit, when a clan beats other clans on a regular basis. People just cant seem to accept that they suck ;)

Strife
05-02-13, 00:33
Fair enough, I just saw 16 RSC online one day, but those could have been dual loggers ofc.

There will always be that kinda shit, when a clan beats other clans on a regular basis. People just cant seem to accept that they suck ;)We actually do have a few daily players that are dual logged the majority of the time. And we don't bite, ask how many we can muster if you want a fight. End of the day, every member of our clan wants a good fight.

Kame
05-02-13, 00:37
I know we have a few loud mouth assholes in the clan, but they're more respectable PvP'ers and quite frankly more mature than most of this whole alliance. They don't whine cheater after fights to GM's. If they lose a fight, they regear and go back to it, not call in 3 other clans. They don't exploit long syncs to get an easy op fight win at all costs. We respect you enough as another player of the game we all love to give YOU a good fight, meanwhile you(in general) spit in our face and don't return the same level of respect and maturity.

I got to agree with this. While I too become guilty of a little shittalk on OOC at times, I gotta say some of the shit being made up about RSC is outrageous.

Like how my fellow clanmate got banned and unbanned after being investigated upon by the DEV team last week. Someone from RED clan we were fighting in P2 died on a PPU, got pissed, and filed an official complain at exploit.neocron.info. I would be ashamed if my clanmates did something like this. I'd rather quit clan than being associated with that type of behavior.

Bottom line is some of the clans we fight would do anything to win, and at the end of the day, RSC is still winning so they rage and scheme and act like their own shit don't stink.

And let me say it again, RSC HAS NO TIES WITH INFECTED.

Naim
05-02-13, 00:41
[edit]

William Antrim
05-02-13, 00:50
Strife nailed it.

Model dont come to the forum and bitch about how others accuse you of cheating because last night in PP3 I was ppuing on my monk (Kid Twist) and you killed my tank friend while we were doing our CA epic. Madness and I minded our own business and you, sammy the cow Sgibbi (or whichever of miss cleos alts you have in your clan) and one more came at us 4v2.

I waited in the Pussy club for you gents to get bored, which you did clearly and went out and rezzed my friend. I come back to find you calling me a "pussy" and asking me "how could you crash the server so none of us could kill you while you got the rez off" quote unquote.

You cant preach all of this holier than thou shit when you do enough mud flinging of your own. I admit I have flamed a few people in this game and I am quite sure we all have at one time or another but lets have a little reality check here.

As for the alliance bullshit if this becomes an every day occurrence then we - my clan - will side with the underdog. It has already been discussed at length by the head sheds.

With regards to the lamer alliance coming back to NC - Skansy was at Jerico drumming up support for it from all of the CA guys there that rolled up to defend against the TS incursion there.

Mob rule is not good for any server and there is no fucking way I am gonna let Titan go the same way as Uranus did in NC1. I would actually JOIN RSC before that happened.

In the meantime Walker if you want to find another clan City Admin will of course welcome you. :)

gostly
05-02-13, 00:53
Everyone vs RSC and then they shittalk RSC like they won a fair fight. It's the same way when these clans aoe the underground entrance and then start saying "RSC doesnt wanna fight today?"...if any of you have been paying attention, when RSC attacks an outpost we stand away from the underground and let people come up, we actually want to fight.

Praetorian
05-02-13, 00:55
Now you complaining about killing off PvP when you're trying to zerg a clan so they cant stand a chance to even fight is just utterly fucking moronic.

Being outnumbered isnt killing off PvP. You fought all night and had some good fights, correct? Must have been real nice beating "the alliance" a few times. I trust that the zergfest had fun too. And then you go ninjahack your OPs back - which has NOTHING to do with PvP and then you come on the forums to try and excuse it?

When you fight for something that is then taken back when you go to bed - THAT is retarded and ends up with people not even bothering to try and take OPs, because whats the point? Several servers had PvP DIE and massive population decline because of this. And you want to excuse that. Really?

Its always the same, you or another clan feels "wronged" somehow (they outnumbered you, it was your "core" ops, not your strongest TZ, your cat turned your PC off etc) and after awhile it suddenly becomes alright to ninja it back. Dont go down that route. Seriously. Or is the perceived loss of face really so big that you feel compelled to ninja them back?

Anyway just to make my point of view clear... Im saying that in general there is NO excuse for ninjahacking. Period.

I've done nothing but help anyone out that needed it. I sometimes enjoy Plaza2 fights and will ressurect and buff any enemy that asks or needs it. I don't need to win at any cost as 80% of the current playerbase needs to, I just want a good fight. In return I have people attacking me during sync into p2, or blatantly crashed, barreling the UG killing me in sync, people resorting to mass outnumbering us in op fights just so they can "win". Why shouldnt I be a shittalking prick when I get nothing but disrespect from your clan, and most other german clans.

I really like your attitude (except for the last bit :p), i wish more people in your own clan followed that mindset. Although im not sure what you mean by nothing but disrespect from my clan? I had fights with RSC in P2 always said GF (usually got abuse in return though) and buffed up pinkey etc so he had a fair fight with us etc. The only thing im having a real issue with is the OOC crap thats being spewed endlessly by some of your members.

Mature? I guess you suffer from the "its us against the world" syndrome, where everyone else is wrong and we (as in your clan) are right. Respect is earned and quite frankly, OOC isnt helping your case. Neither is ninjahacking. Standing up to the zerg the entire evening, now thats something.

Anyway, just want to say my clan loves PvP or we would never have come back to Neocron. Im all for fair fights but when you are told theres a huge fight going on, its kinda hard not to want to get involved. :D

Kame
05-02-13, 01:24
What Strife and Model are trying to say, in their own way, is that we don't disagree with the zerging all that much. Fact we kept coming back and poking up and defending proves that. What we disagree with is the AOEing of UG when being outnumbered and having especially long sync due to massive player count in zone.

Also as for the OP taken back during the US evening time, they were defended by Fusion, and won while we actually had less fighters than Fusion. I remember arriving to th OP displeased that my clannies had already killed all the fighters.

Thanks for the good and less good words about RSC here guys. William thanks for the insight and offer for support. Praetorian, while I understand your point of view, I hope you will undertand ours too. And also winning some of those fights against the zerg was truly a good time in NC like I hadn't had in years.

Dribble Joy
05-02-13, 01:32
Oh wonderful. The Alliance Wars are back.

Model192
05-02-13, 02:08
blah blah blah bullshit
I questioned why the zone crashed for everyone except for you two, yes.

You mean when I killed the tank while you were PPUing him, then Sammy came. Then...that was it?

Ridiculous fabrication, this is how shit gets started. Pepper park is an open area to be ganked in. It always has been. Why are you crying about it? This is Cyberpunk man. Gangs roam the streets and kill for money. Unheard of.

What we have been commenting on is people crying about fair fights, hacking, and outpost wars, not pepper park. You die there, it's your own fault. You might as well cry about p2 while you're at it.

Strife
05-02-13, 02:08
6v4 isnt ninja hacking. You CAME to the op with near equal numbers and lost. Just say GF if you lost and save some face. You showed up, you lost. There's nothing Ninja about it.

I meant the disrespect stuff as a more broad sense. Your clan is fairly mature and respectable.

Faid
05-02-13, 02:49
lol this is great, I hope there's another mass fight this weekend. I've been wanting to capture some video of a giant OP fight. On the other hand, I think the 6 or 7 people who actively play in my clan might have to hop into one of these big fights. I don't think we would support RSC though mainly because of DIO and Tino constantly talking shit to us and everybody else on OOC. Although I don't like to see huge out-numbered fights. This looks like it could be fun though.

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 05:51
Oooh big lamer alliances. Nc1 Uranus anyone?

I'm keen for some fights. So which clans are trying to form these alliances then? Which clans are ignoring all the faction relations to fight. Believe me if this starts properly im backing what Loki and will said we will support rsc as needed. When a server is against you its nice to have friends.

As for any clans involved in the alliance. If you will ignore faction relations to fight then so will I. It's open season on you if this is how you wanna play it

Biglines
05-02-13, 05:56
just wanna say one thing, I love the fact that it is possible for more than 1 clan to fight together, 2 active clans really was too few :D

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 06:04
So having read the thread its LG red and fusion in one big Alliance? Am I right or were there others too?

Praetorian
05-02-13, 06:38
Without knowing the exact details, i sort of doubt theres an "official" alliance going on. A word from the related clans would be nice though.

All i know is that saturday evening it was reported on faction chat that RSC came to jerico hence we came to aid our CA bros there. To my surprise there were 2 REDs there we were told not to shoot (after shooting them). Rest was LG, Regz and TGM though - all CA.

Had fun, was glad to pvp. Will participate again. AAAA++++ :p

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 06:59
me too prae but then theres a whole neocronicle article dedicated to it showing this alliance in effect. LG/RED/Some CM clan? all get mentioned as fighting together. suprisingly all have that common factor involved that all are "german" clans. Reading this thread also about 30 on 10 shows an alliance whether it was for one night or it will continue to grow.

From personal experience these things dont tend to die down quick once they get started.

Im curious to see how this develops.

@Kame/Strife etc. If they start doing this regularly just call us. There are mixed feelings amongst the clan about whether we should be helping or not truthfully but if this sort of thing boots off again like a few of us have seen we will not sit idle and watch. I don't like splinters so i refuse to sit on the fence with this.

The ones who chose a side will choose yours in this instance because its all about the fair fights. If you are not fighting against a zerg don't be surprised if we come knocking on your door when we muster the players. #fairplay #goodcleanfights :)

William Antrim
05-02-13, 08:29
No model you miss the point completely. You weren't alone. There were 3 or 4 of you and he ran off cos I told him to. He's new to PvP. Regardless I couldn't give a fuck about who died when. The point is you shit talk enough to everyone else flinging your accusations. I have never cheated in my life, I wouldn't know how to! But anyway you can't bitch about stuff on the boards being done to you and then do the same to me and others in game. That is hypocrisy to the highest order. The circumstances surrounding said event will always be subject to interpretation. In your mind we probably had 15 people there which you killed single handedly without taking a scratch.... I know the truth but I am past caring about the he said she said. I hope this explains my point a little better.

Ryan Steiner
05-02-13, 09:22
Which clans are ignoring all the faction relations to fight. Believe me if this starts properly im backing what Loki and will said we will support rsc as needed. When a server is against you its nice to have friends.

As for any clans involved in the alliance. If you will ignore faction relations to fight then so will I. It's open season on you if this is how you wanna play it

from neocronicle article:

"We have been lead to believe Rockshore Surf Club intervened in a fight between R.E.D. and LG at Krupp outpost last Saturday. The expected fraternization between the two Anti City factions surprisingly didn't happen and RSC opened fire against the soldiers from City Administration as well as the fighters of Black Dragon. "

This might have been the reason for R.E.D and LG to strike back against RSC together.

Ferabukoo
05-02-13, 10:03
This entire scenario couldn't be scripted better, nor could I ask for anything better myself. Seeing 3 clans show up to fight just adds fuel to the fire. Fending off the "alliance" to get attacked by another substantial force made us all laugh. Fighting til the death, and then seeing dozens of people aoe'ing, instantly vaporizing anything coming out of the underground was the crowning point. I have respect for all who brings war to Neocron. Just don't be too upset when you lose with 30 people. :lol:

Grogor
05-02-13, 10:33
A word from the related clans would be nice though.
Not sure if that would be wise, since the tone in this thread isn't very good.
I'll do it anyway.
So all I get from reading here is constant negativism. I'm aware that there may be some unclear information about that topic, but if you want to know them, why didn't you contact us ingame? (I'm not aware that my clan has been contacted, yet)
That reminds me to offer the 'Cronicle some information for some nice payoff.

These are related to some other things, all based on wrong or incomplete information.
And then I had to read "if this is ongoing, I'll fraternize with them". So in your terms it's ok to zerg the zergers. Interesting.
I even had to read someone would break their rp given point of view, cause they think we did break ours. Well, let me tell you something, it was more rp in this alliance you could imagine.
Not that I have a problem with it, I stoped having problems with things I can't change/have no influence of, especially in games.

What only few see, the oppertunity that is within these actions. We had a fight with 40+ppl (Ok, the last one wasn't a real fight, but it sometimes is hard to keep it slow when you see the goal), we had the entire pvp section of the server go nuts. Everything I heard till this weekend was "remember to old times, when we had the big fights, etc."
Well I don't remember them. Wasn't there. Don't care. But now I hear, in those times the alliances fucked up the game. So maybe you should decide.
And no one ever said the alliance is forever. In fact, it's there for two days, and you see the end of the world...
So instead of ranting, talk to the ppl directly in the proper ways, i.e. ingame.

Take it to the game. Make RP.

Dropout
05-02-13, 10:34
...Must level spy faster... Must participate in these fights..!!! :p

Strife
05-02-13, 12:20
from neocronicle article:

"We have been lead to believe Rockshore Surf Club intervened in a fight between R.E.D. and LG at Krupp outpost last Saturday. The expected fraternization between the two Anti City factions surprisingly didn't happen and RSC opened fire against the soldiers from City Administration as well as the fighters of Black Dragon. "

This might have been the reason for R.E.D and LG to strike back against RSC together.This most likely sounds like the reason, and we do completely deserve to be smashed as we have. We learned of a fight between two clans that were our enemies, and we crashed the fight killing both and taking the op. High on an excellent victory we moved forward and decided to go for RED's nearby OP. 3, -maybe- 4 other clans were involved in a fight there and we simply became overwhelmed and lost.

Fun times.

Strife
05-02-13, 13:28
Double post since i cant edit.

So in your terms it's ok to zerg the zergers. Interesting.It's called fighting with even numbers. I find it interesting how you seem upset that someone would be able to fight you with even numbers.

"remember to old times, when we had the big fights, etc."
Well I don't remember them. Wasn't there. Don't care. But now I hear, in those times the alliances fucked up the game. So maybe you should decide.20 vrs 20, clan vrs clan are the big fights people miss. Not 30 vrs 10 and ug barreling.

Grogor
05-02-13, 13:41
It's called fighting with even numbers. I find it interesting how you seem upset that someone would be able to fight you with even numbers.

Nah, I'm not upset. Just wanted to point out what was suggested by some of the posts. If that happens I'm fine with it. Even or outnumbered (against us). We try the best to fight whenever we could and weren't occupied by another fight or miles away from the next GR or (most notably) reallife breaking in.
Achieving even numbers is hard, very hard. I see them only happen if you made pre fight arrangements, or have luck ofc. So yes, it may be sometimes unfair, but I think so far each clan had a glimps on both sides by now.

Ryan Steiner
05-02-13, 14:00
A word from the related clans would be nice though.

Here we go :http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147327-Open-letter-to-Commander-in-Chief

William Antrim
05-02-13, 14:07
I see the alliance growing because back on Uranus the more we won the bigger it got. If this is just an anomaly then I wilhave l let the fires die. if its not I will take a side. As for speaking about it. No. Here is the best place for that. Out in public and cool and calmly discussed. Not in game in private and deniable. Here you have got accountability. It's better here. Case in point is this thread. Nick suttons account of the pp3 actions compared to mine. The bias that comes into it all to stroke the male ego.

Grogor
05-02-13, 15:02
I see the alliance growing because back on Uranus the more we won the bigger it got. If this is just an anomaly then I wilhave l let the fires die. if its not I will take a side. As for speaking about it. No. Here is the best place for that. Out in public and cool and calmly discussed. Not in game in private and deniable. Here you have got accountability. It's better here. Case in point is this thread. Nick suttons account of the pp3 actions compared to mine. The bias that comes into it all to stroke the male ego.

What makes you think it would go that way after just two (!) days? It wasn't just you, I mean all of the people, fearing this could leap to a doomsday alliance.
And this is the reason I totally disagree with taking it in public. Normally you get your informations first before draging it to the public. That didn't happen, instead you made wild guesses and risk the whole thing to blow up. You have had always the chance to ask (including writing a pm in the forum) and then drag your fears here if the answers didn't please you.
That is the normal routine if you want to keep it cool and calm.
[meta info: I'm totally calm writing this, so read it with a calm voice in your head.]

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-13, 15:08
This thread.......... get me some fucking popcorn

Naim
05-02-13, 16:49
The alliance-name is Team Punkbuster and it is only against RSC. No other clan will ever be fought by RED + LG/fusion. The purpose of Team Punkbuster was not to break the dominance of the strongest clan because that way we would have to fight infected now which isnt happening. The reason to team-up against RSC is a result of their behaviour like lack of respect and a huge topic i cannot voice here because someone named Mok or Moik would start editing my post. Our alliances name speaks for itself.

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-13, 16:53
Gotta admit, you RSC guys have some right dicks in your clan and although having people like that around is what makes Neocron the game it is i still sit back and laugh at some of the stuff your members say in OOC. You kinda deserve it for what they've been saying

lindian
05-02-13, 18:09
I just dont like overnight ninja hacks... 'nuff said

Strife
05-02-13, 19:23
Gotta admit, you RSC guys have some right dicks in your clan and although having people like that around is what makes Neocron the game it is i still sit back and laugh at some of the stuff your members say in OOC. You kinda deserve it for what they've been sayingOh no doubt. Dude/Jesus takes it to a whole new level, but sometimes it's just funny to watch.

The reason to team-up against RSC is a result of their behaviour like lack of respect and a huge topic i cannot voice here because someone named Mok or Moik would start editing my post. Our alliances name speaks for itself. Sorry. I will not respect a clan that whines and moans about chea****(I wonder if this will evade admin wrath).

Why do you think Jesus, and Dio mock you guys?(not excusing their behavior) For the very same reason you started this alliance that's based upon poor sportsmanship and just blatant whining and immaturity. You started a crusade to get us banned by whining foul after you lose fights.

Be a respectable clan, and you will get respect. Stop whining after fights and take it like an adult. Until then, enjoy finally beating us in an op fight mate. See you on the field.

This is getting a bit off topic, and i've said all that needs to be said.

Kien Marek & Slez in-game if you need to say something to me.

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 19:26
The alliance-name is Team Punkbuster and it is only against RSC. No other clan will ever be fought by RED + LG/fusion. The purpose of Team Punkbuster was not to break the dominance of the strongest clan because that way we would have to fight infected now which isnt happening. The reason to team-up against RSC is a result of their behaviour like lack of respect and a huge topic i cannot voice here because someone named Mok or Moik would start editing my post. Our alliances name speaks for itself.

That made it official. I will be reposting this to our clan forum for discussion.

This reminds me of terrarists vs mars and GLA vs sYn on uranus. To all my friends in and out of sYn at that time, this is gonna get interesting.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 19:51
What makes you think it would go that way after just two (!) days? It wasn't just you, I mean all of the people, fearing this could leap to a doomsday alliance.
And this is the reason I totally disagree with taking it in public. Normally you get your informations first before draging it to the public. That didn't happen, instead you made wild guesses and risk the whole thing to blow up. You have had always the chance to ask (including writing a pm in the forum) and then drag your fears here if the answers didn't please you.
That is the normal routine if you want to keep it cool and calm.
[meta info: I'm totally calm writing this, so read it with a calm voice in your head.]

Yeah Grogor I know calm writing when I read it.

I deal with secrets every single day in my work. The very nature of my work is secret and in my office we believe in a completely open posture about how we do business with others at all levels and in all walks of life. This is relevant to clearances obviously. If a problem is seen it is publicized and discussed. That is what is happening here.

The entire reason I posted in this thread is due to the post above about "punkbuster" - I think everyone here with a working knowledge of pc games knows that punkbuster is an anticheat program used in Battlefield 2 etc. I think everyone here is capable of logical thought and rational enough to know what the hidden message behind the name actually refers to. Noone needs this spelling out to them.

In all of your last post I do not see the "reason" you disagree? Can you point to it please? You disagree because people feared what actually did happen might happen? then we were right to take it public clearly.

Due to the examples stated previously I felt that ALL of this needed to be aired publicly for consumption by everyone. We all need to see that 3 clans have taken it upon themselves to completely ignore RP and in game themes and gang up on another clan because essentially - you dont like the people in that clan.

this is schoolyard bullying at its finest. If this had happened a month or two ago I could have written about you guys for my university assignment about internet psychology.

You have blatantly ignored in game politics/faction lines/everything else in order to attempt to crush one clan - because for one reason or another you dont like them. Boohoo.

The reason I got involved is because I happen to think that your alliance makes a complete mockery of the clan and faction system that is dear to my heart. The beating heart of NC pvp is the faction alliance system. I could have sat by like Dribble Joy and QD of old and buried my head in the sand in my neutrality and let this pass by. I chose not to do this because once this lamer alliance has success against one clan who can say it will not decide to reform against another clan if it chooses that they too need this "punkbuster" treatment. Noone can say.

As stated only recently however "absolute power corrupts..." yes I am paraphrasing but you know the quote I refer to.

To this end I William Antrim pledge my support to the beleaguered clan that is RSC and offer it my full support in the face of such behaviour. True I cannot stand some of the members in that clan but I can put my petty squabbles aside with individuals and personal beefs in favour of A) fair fights and B) some form of loose recognition of the RP that remains in this game.

I said recently that the only people who RP are the PVPers because the LE guys just level together without a care in the world.

You guys pretty much killed that.

To that extent you will find me standing against you. I look forward to seeing you all at some Ops in the near future.

Naim
05-02-13, 20:11
William Antrim you are living in your own romantic dreamworld.
That game-mechanics you describe have never been working and especially RSC is by far far away from being an rpg-clan.

Your post has convinced me to stop posting in this troll-thread.

Dribble Joy
05-02-13, 20:14
Head in sand or staying out of it, it depends on your viewpoint. The Alliance Wars on Uranus taught me at least that staying out of it was better than being involved; It got too personal and too bitter. Playing simply wasn't fun anymore.

As to the current situation, I am rather conflicted about it. The alliance is big enough to deal with with their enemy(s) and joining them is going to rouse a lot of anger towards us. Fighting for RSC and their supporters means fighting other CityMercs. Relations between Skulls and Fusion are tenuous at best (Janine was on the verge of declaring hostilities after my PPU rezzed people during a fun/friendly fight in P2) and actually acting against them at an OP fight could cause civil war (more likely Skulls getting ganked as they considerably outnumber us). That and I wouldn't want to fight against another CM clan to begin with.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 20:28
Lol Naim thats a good idea. You clearly have nothing to contribute. You missed my point by a country mile clearly. It is not about RSC - it is about you clowns thinking you can get all holier than thou.

DJ - youre covering your own arse as usual. We have LG in our faction just the same. It doesn't stop us from standing up for something. Not taking a contract because you're scared of the consequences? What kind of a merc are you?

Hypothetically now if I contracted you to fight against the "Punkbuster" alliance you're telling me you wouldn't do it? Or you just wouldn't fight with the Fusion section of it?

Do you really think that much of Fusion that you can't/won't fight back? Faced with all of this you wonder why Skullz struggles with members? A leader should have some courage. He/she should inspire their troops to run through walls for them. If you have a weak leader you have a weak clan. Its the same in real life. When the bombs start dropping you look to your chain of command, if he/she is umming and erring and sitting on the fence the next guy better step up and fast.

Just lol tbh.

Ryan Steiner
05-02-13, 20:38
Due to the examples stated previously I felt that ALL of this needed to be aired publicly for consumption by everyone. We all need to see that 3 clans have taken it upon themselves to completely ignore RP and in game themes and gang up on another clan because essentially - you dont like the people in that clan.

You have blatantly ignored in game politics/faction lines/everything else in order to attempt to crush one clan - because for one reason or another you dont like them. Boohoo.

The reason I got involved is because I happen to think that your alliance makes a complete mockery of the clan and faction system that is dear to my heart. The beating heart of NC pvp is the faction alliance system.

Sorry, William, but you are completely wrong.
At least for the "Last Generation" part of this story.

LG formed an alliance with R.E.D for one reason: RSC intervened in a fight between R.E.D. and LG at Krupp.
Thats all. Period.
We always had a rather neutral/good relationsship to RSC in the past.

The name "Punkbuster-alliance" was created by RED (i think so, because naim is from RED).
I'am not informed about REDs intentions, but i can definitely say, that this :

"....ignore RP and in game themes and gang up on another clan because essentially - you dont like the people in that clan. "

does not describe LGs intentions and thoughts.

Regarding the rp-part, you might want to read this :http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147327-Open-letter-to-Commander-in-Chief

William Antrim
05-02-13, 20:47
So in actual fact by your own admission in the first 2 lines I am not completely wrong, but rather I have got LGs part in this wrong? I havent mentioned LG specifically at any point. I read that thread and that is why I did not mention any specific names. I was merely stating my thoughts on the generic intentions of said alliance and offering my opinions on the issue at hand. Your alliance refers to everyone in the alliance.

Even if LG removed themselves from said alliance my post would still stand. If Fusion and RED wanted to be in it together all of the above would still be a valid and well thought out opinion. Believe me I proof read it before posting. This is an issue I have experience of and is something I do feel quite strongly about.

I have no beef with LG per se. We are all in the same faction and I would like to do what I can to maintain some faction civility. That is the reason I organised a defence force at Jeriko on sunday evening when Unbreakable turned up, and the same reason I informed you guys via faction chat of said attack.

So no. I am not wrong. But thank you for your input.

Dribble Joy
05-02-13, 21:28
Edit:

Actually, I can't be bothered with all this.

(I am going to find out what response Fusion would have to Skulls members fighting alongside their opponents. If I can fight without getting Skulls KoSed, I will (if paid).)

William Antrim
05-02-13, 21:53
Fusion arent worth shit. I wouldnt worry.

If you get problems with them you can hire us and we will come and sort them out.

Dribble Joy
05-02-13, 22:18
Just spoken with Janine.

They don't have a problem with Skulls helping Regs or anyone else, but she made it very clear that Skulls being seen to help RSC would be a big problem. Seems very passionate and unmoving about the validity of the accusations made against RSC and any help given to them in her eyes probably means supporting the acts they are said to perpetrate and I'm not sure this is going to soften.

I'm going to sleep on this one.

DigestiveBiscui
05-02-13, 22:23
This shit just go serious guys!

gostly
05-02-13, 22:27
lol. Fusion. That is all.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 22:33
Im gonna start killing Fusion then. For the record we dont need any help from outside the clan. We can handle our own business and yeah I agree with Gostly.

RogerRamjet
05-02-13, 22:56
I must have been so fucking oblivious and noobish I actually loved fighting the GLA :D

Model192
05-02-13, 23:17
This is me extending invitation to anyone that thinks I'm cheating or that rsc is cheating...personal one on one character building, built and tailored to your goals for the character, testing, and neofrag. ill go over many points of the game you didn't know about. No drug setups to 5+, let's do it. Learn your strengths and weaknesses in different terrain and your style. I have a ts server.

PvP is a sport. It requires practice. Stop bitching and crying and be better players.

Com or mail Nick Sutton. If you don't or are too proud despite you dieing then youre part of the problem. We can all learn something.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 23:57
This is me extending invitation to anyone that thinks I'm cheating or that rsc is cheating...personal one on one character building, built and tailored to your goals for the character, testing, and neofrag. ill go over many points of the game you didn't know about. No drug setups to 5+, let's do it. Learn your strengths and weaknesses in different terrain and your style. I have a ts server.

PvP is a sport. It requires practice. Stop bitching and crying and be better players.

Com or mail Nick Sutton. If you don't or are too proud despite you dieing then youre part of the problem. We can all learn something.

Better to go on the german forum? Genuinely?

Model192
06-02-13, 00:02
I only speak English. I am 100% serious in my offer. Even if you don't think I/we are cheating, open invitation.

lindian
06-02-13, 00:06
btw. I read somewhere that there is a vid of that fight. can someone up it on youtube? wanna see the rockshore fight ^^

William Antrim
06-02-13, 00:10
I only speak English. I am 100% serious in my offer. Even if you don't think I/we are cheating, open invitation.

I realise this. I meant that in order to extend the courtesy a little further as it seems to be the german clans who have a problem with RSC etc. I realise the seriousness of the offer. I think it is very courteous of you. I personally couldnt care if youre cheating or not I just like fun and fair fights with an element of sportsmanship. I have enough war in real life to not want to carry any over into a pc game. This is fun for me. It helps to unwind. Id be happy to compare notes and ideas but I am the kind of person who prefers to learn by experimentation as opposed to teaching.

WuTangClan
06-02-13, 00:25

No one is interested in your trash builds.

Dropout
06-02-13, 01:37
Just spoken with Janine.

They don't have a problem with Skulls helping Regs or anyone else, but she made it very clear that Skulls being seen to help RSC would be a big problem. Seems very passionate and unmoving about the validity of the accusations made against RSC and any help given to them in her eyes probably means supporting the acts they are said to perpetrate and I'm not sure this is going to soften.

I'm going to sleep on this one.

Eventhough I actually like you DJ, I agree 100% with William. A weak clan-leader makes a weak clan. Personally I would never be in a clan, that doesnt even do what it is supposed to do (Being a mercenary clan, you better take a job, when you can, no matter the consequences).

Hell, I would leave a clan in a heartbeat, just for not backing me up in something (what ever it may be - within reason of course).
Just like there is a few people that I would expect a clan NEVER to let join, if they want to keep me (Dont think I am allowed to mention names here though.. :p ).

Anyways, what Im trying to say is that I expect a lot from a clan, just like they are right to expect a lot from me. And if the clan does not stand up to its principles, they can honestly (excuse my language) go f**k themselves.

Dribble Joy
06-02-13, 02:20
you better take a job, when you can, no matter the consequences
Well, I disagree. I will do what I can to avoid a CM civil war or my clan members being attacked by other faction members for being mercenary.

Hell, I would leave a clan in a heartbeat, just for not backing me up in something (what ever it may be - within reason of course).
Just like there is a few people that I would expect a clan NEVER to let join, if they want to keep me (Dont think I am allowed to mention names here though.. :p ).

Anyways, what Im trying to say is that I expect a lot from a clan, just like they are right to expect a lot from me.
And yet from what you just said you clearly want a very one-sided relationship with your clan. If they don't do what you want - you leave, if they ask you to do something you don't like - you leave, if someone you don't like joins - you leave. If they ask anything of you - you leave.
Seriously, you seem to have no sense of loyalty/tolerance unless the clan is doing everything exactly the way you want it.

And if the clan does not stand up to its principles
Sorry, what was I doing?

Model192
06-02-13, 03:37
I realise this. I meant that in order to extend the courtesy a little further as it seems to be the german clans who have a problem with RSC etc. I realise the seriousness of the offer. I think it is very courteous of you. I personally couldnt care if youre cheating or not I just like fun and fair fights with an element of sportsmanship. I have enough war in real life to not want to carry any over into a pc game. This is fun for me. It helps to unwind. Id be happy to compare notes and ideas but I am the kind of person who prefers to learn by experimentation as opposed to teaching.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Experimentation to build the best setup for the players' goals. Not my builds, but what the player is most comfortable with and excels the most in.

Deus Ex Machina
06-02-13, 04:26
[...]You have blatantly ignored in game politics/faction lines/everything else in order to attempt to crush one clan - because for one reason or another you dont like them. Boohoo.

The reason I got involved is because I happen to think that your alliance makes a complete mockery of the clan and faction system that is dear to my heart. The beating heart of NC pvp is the faction alliance system. [...]

I said recently that the only people who RP are the PVPers because the LE guys just level together without a care in the world.

You guys pretty much killed that. [...]Since I have no real knowledge of the things that really happened, I can only comment from a RP Player perspective, but from those I couldn't let that stand alone.
Some might just ignore the faction system.
To some RP might mean sticking to the given faction lines, with no exception.
Others take RP to another level, where you actually talk to others and make arrangements. And there might even be enough reason to cooperate with an enemy, with work it can be reached that entire factions behave how some leaders arranged (I believe there was a truce between FA and Crahn looong ago, when they were Red to each other).
And most of the time it is far more difficult to bring people to cooperate, and that everyone shows up on time, than to fight.

So in short, what do I want to say:
People of opposing factions cooperating could be ignoring factions altogether - OR they could be making deals in the background, and be very sensitive to the faction system.
The action of cooperating itself doesn't clarify that.

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 04:46
It's a nicely written piece but it says nothing.

Ok it says qq someone crashed our op fight and we didn't like it.

News flash. We did the same thing to red and infected at jeriko one day. We didn't then go making alliances and posts on the forum etc. We laughed and reloaded.

So. LG. Alliance still on or what? Because to me this smells distincttly like you all decided to carve up the op scene for yourselves and don want another clan having a look in.

Therefore the alliance bully tactics are enforced. Now correct me if I'm wrong.

OT. @ Dj. With posts like this and your continued neutrality DJ i think you are, after 10 years, in the wrong faction. Mercs are meant to be soldiers of fortune. Available for Hire. Takes any job etc as its all about the money at the end of the day. Like the modern day PMC's. You play the role of a politician very well (no sarcasm intended here so dont read it in this way) and i feel perhaps you should have moved factions and found a different one. FA perhaps or even a city faction would have been more suitable to the political stance. CM to me is a private army with its own general. Militaristic command structure etc. Of course this is purely one opinion.

ancient
06-02-13, 08:06
For the record, Infected are THE only clan out there that puts us at pace. We have NO alliance with them, and they fight well. The rest of you, all winging moo moos tbh!

Props to them for not getting on the bandwagon and fighting 1 clan vs 1 clan!

Regards: Aim/Sammy The Cow

Dribble Joy
06-02-13, 09:33
Takes any job etc as its all about the money at the end of the day. Like the modern day PMC's.
I agree. The current circumstances with Fusion however means I feel constricted in acting as freely as I'd like (for the moment, I'm still not sure to what extent they will tolerate me acting like a mercenary, if they take it too far then so be it).

CM to me is a private army with its own general. Militaristic command structure etc. Of course this is purely one opinion.
Which is where I disagree, that that's a subject for another thread.

Dropout
06-02-13, 10:56
And yet from what you just said you clearly want a very one-sided relationship with your clan. If they don't do what you want - you leave, if they ask you to do something you don't like - you leave, if someone you don't like joins - you leave. If they ask anything of you - you leave.
Seriously, you seem to have no sense of loyalty/tolerance unless the clan is doing everything exactly the way you want it.

Huh, way to misunderstand what I wrote. Could be my fault though, I was tired as hell when posting it.

If I were to join a Merc Clan, like yours. And that Clan didnt live up to expectations (not taking jobs when offered), yes I would leave. Or if I joined a a ganker Clan, that actually wasent ganking, but just being carebears.. Yes I would leave.

If they ask me something I dont like? Really?

If Jini were to join a Clan that I was in, the Clan would have to choose, yes. Under no circumstances am I ever going to be in the same Clan as him.

Clans can and have asked A LOT of me, and I have stayed. And eventhough I do not ask a lot from a Clan (I am no beggar for example). I do require some Mutual respect from it.

BTW... In all of my time with NC, I have only been with two different Clans.. A lot of different Clan names, but often a lot of the same members. I startet with TERRArists, which I were with for years (under different Clan names for obvious reasons), and then I went to Immune and have pretty much been there ever since. Also under a few different Clan names though.

I completely Agree with you Doc. Mercs for hire. Dont say no to a job, just because it might give you some bad SL. Say yes to the different jobs (Again, no matter what) and have some fun instead. But as Doc said, you are much more of a politician than a General.

lindian
06-02-13, 17:08
For the record, Infected are THE only clan out there that puts us at pace. We have NO alliance with them, and they fight well. The rest of you, all winging moo moos tbh!

how sweet of you.i promise to try not to blow you up with my revenge next time^^

wargolem
06-02-13, 18:17

All I hear is WAAHHH...

what RSC has to realise is that RSC is the biggest clan in terms of numbers on the server by a country mile. No other clan can have 17 or 18 online in an evening.

RSC arguing that two clans vs one is imba waahh wahh is horse turd. Its all about numbers most clans get 7-10 online at peak, which means RSC has often double anyone else's numbers.

There are a few good pvpers in RSC, but mostly its people smack talking in OOC and people pretending they can aim whilst being carried by people who can. Split the clan in two, stop smack talking in OOC, stop certian members acting like they are pro and maybe you will get some respect

RogerRamjet
06-02-13, 18:28
There are a few good pvpers in RSC, but mostly its people smack talking in OOC and people pretending they can aim whilst being carried by people who can.

Isn't that every clan ever?

William Antrim
06-02-13, 18:56
Isn't that every clan ever?

Yep. I am driving the bandwagon, hop on board.

RogerRamjet
06-02-13, 19:18
Yep. I am driving the bandwagon, hop on board.

My lame corpse is gonna have to be carried this time round...

Kame
06-02-13, 19:21
(...)
what RSC has to realise is that RSC is the biggest clan in terms of numbers on the server by a country mile. No other clan can have 17 or 18 online in an evening.

RSC arguing that two clans vs one is imba waahh wahh is horse turd. Its all about numbers most clans get 7-10 online at peak, which means RSC has often double anyone else's numbers.
(...)

What you guys have to realise is that in-game runners are not a realistic approach to gauging how many players are online. Most of the day, especially during OP fighting, half the clan is dual logged. Like how 17-18 runners means in fact 10-11 players.
Also, I have personnaly seen Infected or RED clans having around 14-15 runners online, so numbers here shouldn't be too much of an issue. LG Often has 10+ runners online, and Fusion shows up at OP fight with 9 players, of which 3 are barreling UG APUs.

Which brings me to my next point : We're not really complaining about being outnumbered, we're complaining about the AOE on UGs when being outnumbered.
AOEing an UG means the attacking clan does not want a fight, they simply want to win.

And mind you, the original purpose of the thread (which I started) was to let everyone know that we're not allied with Infected, as it was wrongly portrayed by the Neochronicle article.

WarIsSeXy
06-02-13, 19:34
What you guys have to realise is that in-game runners are not a realistic approach to gauging how many players are online. Most of the day, especially during OP fighting, half the clan is dual logged. Like how 17-18 runners means in fact 10-11 players.
Also, I have personnaly seen Infected or RED clans having around 14-15 runners online, so numbers here shouldn't be too much of an issue. LG Often has 10+ runners online, and Fusion shows up at OP fight with 9 players, of which 3 are barreling UG APUs.

Which brings me to my next point : We're not really complaining about being outnumbered, we're complaining about the AOE on UGs when being outnumbered.
AOEing an UG means the attacking clan does not want a fight, they simply want to win.

And mind you, the original purpose of the thread (which I started) was to let everyone know that we're not allied with Infected, as it was wrongly portrayed by the Neochronicle article.

Barreling the UG is part of the game, even if the defender is out numbered. Itīs really funny that you complain about this! Please keep on and give us more enlightning moments of reading.

$tormbringer
06-02-13, 19:38
must be hard to just go to another gr... crying is the easy way out it seems..

Dropout
06-02-13, 19:40
Barreling the UG is part of the game, even if the defender is out numbered. Itīs really funny that you complain about this! Please keep on and give us more enlightning moments of reading.
Its extremely bad sportsmanship.. And was for A LONG time not done on Terra, at all. It makes it a lot less fun for both parties when the UG is getting AoE'd.
For the defenders, because often they are dead when sync is over (especially if there is a lot of attackers in the zone).
And for the attacters, because they dont actually get a proper fight.

As Kame said, AoE'ing the UG just shows that the attacker doesnt want a fight - they just want the OP.

Kame
06-02-13, 19:41
We don't need to barrel to take you guys down. We can show up at your OP fight and kill both clans without AOE.

AOEing UGs is stupid. I have memories of OP fighting on Terra where all the clans did was barrel UGs, and it was not fun at all. OP wars then become redudant and less enjoyable, and unless the notion of fun pvp is something you can't grasp, it's quite easy to understand.

I left a clan once because they AOEd UGs too much to my liking. They wanted the whole map and I did not. I was just in for the fights.

William Antrim
06-02-13, 19:42

Aoe kills pvp.

Another point I would like to mention is that historically in NC the real pvp clans use TS/Vent and will quite often have members logged there but not in game. I know for a fact that when we hacked a uTs op in nc1 even when they had one person online you could bet your bottom dollar that 6-8 people would instantly log in to go take it back.

With PCs today being infinitely more powerful (and the internet being 50x faster) than they were ten years ago Ventrilo etc these days the dual logging of alts is more commonplace but also the use of Ventrilo/Mics is infinitely more common too.

So to that end it shouldn't matter if the other team has only one or two online as I would happily bet there will be a few more idling elsewhere. If a clan has anyone online at all when it is attacked it needs to be prepared for one of two things - a fight or an op lost.

This happened to Regz the other day when we took our first op. We took Mcpherson off RED after checking that they had some players online. Mark told us to prepare for an OP fight later on that day. Sure enough that night they attacked back - unfortunately 2-3 of our guys were afk having their dinner and tending to their kids or whatever else and so we told RED we would fight them another day.

Noone moaned or cried about ninjaing - we didnt need the op any more. We had used it that day and built our guns that we wanted and we were happy.

We dont give a shit who owns an op. If we need to use one we will just take it from the owner and use it as we need to. IF they put up a fight so be it.

L0KI
06-02-13, 21:34
I for one have always hated all the crying about ninja-ing OPs.

I have a bit of a crazy life/work schedule which means I am most active between 7am - 5pm GMT in the week, and only for a couple of hours at the weekend. In fact, a lot of our guys are like that due to them being based in Australia. At these sort of times, we sometimes have 8-10 people online. As such, that's *one of* our peak times.

Am I supposed to be excluded from OP fights because my peak times don't suit the peak times of others?

As far as I can recall, I've never once in all the time I played cried about the ninja-hacking of OPs. The only time I can recall that it did bother me, was back in NC1 when a clan of three people hacked every OP on the server every night for a few weeks. That pissed me off when my entire time playing was spent re-taking OPs without a fight.

Strife
06-02-13, 21:39
German clans: We don't care if you Westerners get long syncs, we will barrel you to win op fights.
German clans: Hey please don't ninja outposts, it's not honorable and it ruins PvP.

L0KI
06-02-13, 21:46
German clans: We don't care if you Westerners get long syncs, we will barrel you to win op fights.
German clans: Hey please don't ninja outposts, it's not honorable and it ruins PvP.

I'm not sure where RED originate from, or if that really matter in honesty.

I will say though, that we attacked them at Jericho and lost (it was pretty close, but were for the most part out-PPU'd, poor with hacking and the combat bonus wasn't helping matters). They had around 8 people show up, and we had 8 people at the OP. A very even fight.

Immediately after, we re-grouped; sorted ourselves out ready for a proper fight and attacked Macpherson Factory. The same 8 of us there, but only one of them actually showed up to fight us. The other seven people that were around some 10 minutes prior had all decided to log off. That's right after I get a message from Mark asking if we're coming back, to which I replied 'We haven't finished yet'.

It's almost as if they forced us to "ninja" their op, by logging off.

They returned the favour that night by taking around ten people to fight us when we had 2 online.

Praetorian
06-02-13, 21:57
I for one have always hated all the crying about ninja-ing OPs.

If you're in the game for PvP there is no need nor excuse for ninjahacking someones OPs. Ninjahacking implies taking an OP without a fight because your enemy arent online. And you play this game to PvP, correct? I do realise certain clans feels the need to hold OPs to maintain a facade of how great they are at pvp, but i believe regz are above that :)

So in all honesty i find that your post makes little sense. "Ninjahacking" does not equal "OP fighting". Those two things are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

nabbl
06-02-13, 22:03

Don't you just wanna go on with german stereotypes please? It's gonna get funny..

I am voting for a thread close at this point.

William Antrim
06-02-13, 22:35
If you're in the game for PvP there is no need nor excuse for ninjahacking someones OPs. Ninjahacking implies taking an OP without a fight because your enemy arent online. And you play this game to PvP, correct? I do realise certain clans feels the need to hold OPs to maintain a facade of how great they are at pvp, but i believe regz are above that :)

So in all honesty i find that your post makes little sense. "Ninjahacking" does not equal "OP fighting". Those two things are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

What he means is we have members on at all times of the day and we have some crazy playing hours and so to that end sometimes when we have quite a few guys on and need an op for something we will just go and take it. We will use it for research or construction or whatever and then just leave it sat there for others to use.

If we want a fight then we will look on the citycom and see who has the most online/closest amount to our own numbers and then we will go and attack them. Each time we go to an op for a fight we have the express intent of taking that op whether the defending clan wants us to or not.

Sometimes this will be "ninja'ed" as you said but that is because A) the other clan needs more people on or B) we need the op for something.

The rest of the time we will go where the fights are. We are probably pound for pound the best clan on this server THAT DOES NOT OWN OPS REGULARLY. The simple reason for that is, A) we are not on weekday evenings EU/UK time for the most part and B) as Rabbi said - We just dont need to hold OPS to justify ourselves.

Been there done that.

Strife
06-02-13, 23:01
Don't you just wanna go on with german stereotypes please? It's gonna get funny..

I am voting for a thread close at this point.Stereotype? It's an observation of the alliance's mentality.

William Antrim
06-02-13, 23:04
If a clan is made of up of a majority of german speakers then surely it is fair to call it a german clan?

Dribble Joy
06-02-13, 23:33
Stereotype? It's an observation of the alliance's mentality.
So why point out their ethnicity? Why not simply observe their mentality?

Strife
06-02-13, 23:37
So why point out their ethnicity? Why not simply observe their mentality?Because that's how the German clans were acting, so therefore I pointed it out. It's offensive to call a German, a German now DJ? Stop looking for an argument.

Kame
07-02-13, 00:11
RSC is most definitly the only Worldwide clan. We have a mix of 50-50 european-american players. On any given day on our TS, you can hear German chatter as well as English.

So you guys insinuating anything racist regarding how Strife defines RED, Infected, LG or Fusion as "German Clans" are missing the point.
Fact is those clans are almost entirely composed of German players, with German leaders, playing at German peak time. So it's only fair to call them "German Clans".

Nabbl's attempt at trolling the thread or getting it closed is actually violating forums ROC, because as I read the post all I see is trolling. Clearly he's trying to get other people to use German stereotypes.

I am voting for a thread close at this point.

Praetorian
07-02-13, 00:46
What he means is we have members on at all times of the day and we have some crazy playing hours and so to that end sometimes when we have quite a few guys on and need an op for something we will just go and take it. We will use it for research or construction or whatever and then just leave it sat there for others to use.

Taking an OP once in awhile where the defenders for one reason or another decides not to show up and defend isnt a problem. Or even taking a lab/factory because you want to use it one or two evenings. But starting to take (back) OPs on a daily basis by ninjahacking - thats a problem. Not saying anyone is doing that at the moment, just clarifying my point of view.

I think its safe to say that you guys hate the zerg from previous experiences and i hate the ninjahacking just as strongly from my previous experiences.

Anyway, enough said on the matter :)

Dribble Joy
07-02-13, 01:02
Because that's how the German clans were acting, so therefore I pointed it out. It's offensive to call a German, a German now DJ? Stop looking for an argument.
You're claiming correlation when the nature of your previous post read as causation.

They are German clans, that's not an issue. Identifying their (perceived) attitude with being German, is.

Model192
07-02-13, 02:00
Perception doesn't always collide with reality. But, when it does, the Germans will be barreling your UG even if you ask them to stop.

Dos Equis.

Mokoi
07-02-13, 02:05
Please refrain from generalizing and try not to pigeonhole parts of the community based on their nationality.
This topic has gone far enough, keep it ingame.

-closed