PDA

View Full Version : Add "You killed xxx" Chat Info in PvP like the "You have been killed by xxx"

lindian
04-02-13, 18:19
Especially when using Kami drones you actually got no clue if you killed your target.

PS: If possible add death cam *g*

William Antrim
04-02-13, 19:54
This isnt Cod.

Biglines
04-02-13, 22:45
plus anything that encourages kami droners is bad

Dropout
04-02-13, 23:15
plus anything that encourages kami droners is bad
^^this!

lindian
05-02-13, 01:32
well... there are only mosquitos and kamis at op fights. nothing else is worthwhile since PN dmg got nerved to the ground. there is no love for riggers...

Doc Holliday
05-02-13, 07:18
what? people actually still drone without an LE in ?

Kill Cam???? LOL! most fail idea ever.

You killed idea? Awesome. I like it. Bragging rights on who got the killing blow or who did the most damage would have to be considered but its not a bad thought.

nabbl
05-02-13, 12:01
Not too bad actually.

I would like to see a "killing blow" and maybe "kill assist" statement. There doesn't have to be a counter or anything like this. But I think it would be funny to check the logs afterwards (or by copding a small analyzing tool) where you can see some statistcs of how well you acted during fight.

William Antrim
05-02-13, 14:36
Lol nabbl we could call it recount maybe? :)

Joking aside yeah I like the ideas. It gets my vote.

Jodo
05-02-13, 14:37
I do like the "You killed "xx"" idea. (Despise the kill cam though)
The game already calculates how much damage a person does to a mob and then allocates money accordingly so I would think (and hope) this could be transferred to PvP. A small monetary reward of 100 creds could be awarded next to the dead runners name. This would then be divided between different runners (if there are any) and symbolise a % of the damage you committed.
For storyline purposes, the money would be paid by any factions classed as Hostile to the dead runner.

nabbl
05-02-13, 15:08
I do like the "You killed "xx"" idea. (Despise the kill cam though)
The game already calculates how much damage a person does to a mob and then allocates money accordingly so I would think (and hope) this could be transferred to PvP. A small monetary reward of 100 creds could be awarded next to the dead runners name. This would then be divided between different runners (if there are any) and symbolise a % of the damage you committed.
For storyline purposes, the money would be paid by any factions classed as Hostile to the dead runner.

And of course... only for the first kill in between 24 hours.
Other than that it would be exploitable.

@Will: Yeah it would be a recount. But then the community could write a small piece of software, where all the runner logs could be read and it's content be added to an online platform to generate some statistics (like a ranking e.g.)

But then it would be community driven, which would be ok somehow. So people don't have to install that software and are not forced to take part in a PvP Ranking thing.

Dropout
05-02-13, 16:33
Other than that it would be exploitable.
..Or maybe the first 10 kills (think OP fights).
Or maybe just a timer between kills, like 20mins or something like that.
Once per 24 hours definitely isnt enough though :p

lindian
05-02-13, 18:15
Oh cmon buggers. The kill cam idea was a hoax. Didn't think some ppl would fall for it.

I dont want some stupid fighting statistic. I just want to know if someone actually got killed (also useful when the opponent dies while syncing ug). That's some important information that can influence fights and I do believe it is doable by our beloved dev team (cheers for the last patch).

And Doc... (mate ^^) dont get me wrong, but before making a statement that implies how useless combat riggers are you should actually ask clans that do op fights (hope regulators will join soon) about the importance of a combat rigger...

Jodo
05-02-13, 20:39

If you don't think there is a quicker more efficient way to make money than that (regardless of your level) you're playing the game wrong. I don't see why anyone would want to bother.

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 06:07
And Doc... (mate ^^) dont get me wrong, but before making a statement that implies how useless combat riggers are you should actually ask clans that do op fights (hope regulators will join soon) about the importance of a combat rigger...

It was more of a sarcastic joke about the amount of droners who are LE'd to get woc to get their aks out.

In 2.2 i havent seen a really good droner in a fight but at the same time i havent seen too many fights either at least since returning back for titan.

Droners at one stage were pretty damned annoying i grant you that. tiny hit boxes and great damage output (pn drones/raptors if memory serves) meant good kills. I know of stories of yesteryear of droners holding ops vs vastly superior forces.

today's droners are in it for one of two things. xp and/or money. that was why i commented :)

Community driven mod for damage etc. sounds a bit too wowish but kinda fun. still love the original idea of the death message. purely for personal satisfaction.

base it on amount of damage dealt though rather than the final blow and it is fairer.

ancient
06-02-13, 07:14
TBF, I was pissing my self laughing earlier when some kami killed me and about 5 others at the same time in p2.

Zoltan smashed it with his comment "MULTI KILL!" lol ...

lindian
06-02-13, 16:59
afaik it was mine ^^