PDA

View Full Version : [00294][R#178] Melee Powerarmor not blue (but in certain cases)

nabbl
31-01-13, 20:44
Melee Powerarmor is not blue anymore. But depending on the light it sometimes is blue.

I will upload a video..

Doc Holliday
01-02-13, 06:46
I think this is a DX issue. I have had it happen to me on the monk pa3 and pa4 too. Sometimes they turn the correct colour depending on location/lighting. other times they turned back to that god aweful brown colour. I run this game in dx9 (but i think we might all do now?)

phunqe
01-02-13, 16:42
Same issues with PPU PSI 115 PA. It is only pink under certain lighting conditions.

CMaster
01-02-13, 17:01
All PAs (see PE pistol/rifle 3/4) and some other stuff besides.

Izeo
02-02-13, 20:30
I want to make a note of this:

Even in NC1, it almost felt as if the clients "tick" every so often to check if there is an armor that should be colored, and if yes, colors them. However, there was a significant time in which you could see the erroneously uncolored armor. For example, a melee PA approaches from the distance/horizon, or instantly zones in from a zone line. In my experience, for a entire second or two, his armor appears white, before changing to the "correct" blue.

I remember this in NC1, and even remember asking about it in HELP, and a couple people thought I was crazy/didn't understand my question, and went on to explain "that melee armor is blue and hc armor is white" (-_-)

So, it seems there was already a slight issue with that coloring aspect. That said, perhaps the new DX/models cause further conflicts with that same coloring aspect. THAT SAID, perhaps a "solution" is to give the colored PAs actual re-skins (that is, open the PA skin in photoshop and alter it from there to turn it into the blue melee PA), and then take out the coloring property of those armors (since it's now already colored differently).

Sechs
03-02-13, 15:32
Imho the blue'ish Melee PA's looked like shit.
My very first char was a Melee tank and I was always annoyed by the color of the PA.
There's nothing wrong if you make them look different but at least make them look cool, not like a giant plastic toy. :/