PDA

View Full Version : Gun sounds

Doc Holliday
30-01-13, 09:16
Liberator and Pain easer and all associated weapons of this type. They sound weak and pathetic. The original gun sounds were much meatier and sounded like a real assault rifle etc.

Can they be changed back? Is that possible?

L0KI
30-01-13, 09:55
It's definitely possible. sound.pak stores these effects, and it's probably as simple as swapping out a wav.

PS - I AGREE.

Sorin
30-01-13, 10:08
I've been thinking the exact same thing.

When I came back last month after lots of years away, I rolled a pistol PE and recycled a mendicant SMG. I fired it, expecting the same old awesome sound from back in the day.....and when I heard what I heard after firing it for the first time, I said out loud "What the f*ck?!". The new weapon models are really nice....but the SMG pistol and Assault rifle sounds leave a looooot to be desired. No offense to whoever recorded/found/mixed/whatever those sounds, but I think the old ones were perfect and not in need of change.

Dropout
30-01-13, 11:08
God yes, let us have the old sounds back (or new ones, I dont care - just NOT the current ones!).
The Libby sound is just straight out pathetic.. Would honestly never use one without a silencer..

hatmankh
30-01-13, 21:51
Maybe you can change this in your own client, it might be illegal I'm not sure. I think an exception can be made for sounds, it's the same as changing the RPOS, it wouldn't give you any advantage over other players, it's just a preference.

Dropout
30-01-13, 21:59
Maybe you can change this in your own client, it might be illegal I'm not sure. I think an exception can be made for sounds, it's the same as changing the RPOS, it wouldn't give you any advantage over other players, it's just a preference.
If you can or not, is not something I want to get into..
But Im very sure that its bannable.

hatmankh
30-01-13, 22:06
I'm not suggesting anyone does it, just saying it might be possible and if so, I would hope we can get permission from the devs to do it, the same way permission was given for RPOS changes.

The only issue I can think of would be people changing the silencer sound to a normal gunshot, personally I don't think the silencer has ever actually helped tactically, I always thought of it as just as aesthetic thing but I'm not a PVPer so I don't really know.

Dropout
30-01-13, 22:22
I'm not suggesting anyone does it, just saying it might be possible and if so, I would hope we can get permission from the devs to do it, the same way permission was given for RPOS changes.

The only issue I can think of would be people changing the silencer sound to a normal gunshot, personally I don't think the silencer has ever actually helped tactically, I always thought of it as just as aesthetic thing but I'm not a PVPer so I don't really know.

It would be very nice, if we were allowed to change the sounds yeah :)
And no, the silencer is just for the sexy sound - it doesnt help in PvP at all.