PDA

View Full Version : Weather!

Dropout
30-01-13, 03:39
Would it be possible to make the weather server-side instead of client-side? Its insanely annoying that people might be able to see you in the distance, when you can only see 50meters infront of you.

I do fear that it is impossible though..

If it is, can we then at least get RAIN back instead of freaking SNOW? I cant stand snow!! :(

Ivan Eres
30-01-13, 13:12
If it is, can we then at least get RAIN back instead of freaking SNOW? I cant stand snow!! :(

Yeah please remove that fucking snow. I cannot see it anymore, really. I hate it.

Bruder Malmsdoo
30-01-13, 14:21
The now is really annoying

zii
30-01-13, 14:27
Weather should be server side. I don't know if it is server or client side.

Snow is great, especially when it used to snow in my app.

Ivan Eres
30-01-13, 14:47
Weather should be server side. I don't know if it is server or client side.

Snow is great, especially when it used to snow in my app.

Afaik the snow was implemented many years ago before christmas as a temporary thing, to boost the Xmas feelings further (besides the obligatory tree at P1). Then it was forgotten and KK went zombie and died later. I think it should be removed now tho it's only a small issue.

CMaster
30-01-13, 14:48
Previous experience indicates that the server sends out weather start/stop commands for a zone. However if you aren't in the zone when the start command is sent, then you don't get the weather (and so equally, relogging clears the weather).
Also yes, bring back evil wasteland thunderstorms and the like, rather than always snow.

hatmankh
30-01-13, 21:53
If what you say is true CMaster then maybe new code could be added that stores the current weather command for each zone and then applies it to people whenever they enter the zone via travel or login.

The OP is right, it can be unbalanced when some players are seeing further than others because of different weather on each player's screen.