PDA

View Full Version : Improvements to Neocron.

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 00:36
I think neocron can use some improvements. First of all, the game can be made more stable without all these bugs and crashes. Maybe update the game engine. The game should be compatable with the latest windows operating systems (windows 7 and 8), and have directx 11 support.

Second, The death penalty is currently unforgiving, especially to new players. The way the game is, when you die, not only do you have to respawn at a gen rep, along with imparement, but you have to pay a recovery fee. Plus, your items get damaged, all your armor, and some implants are removed, and you randomly drop an item (which you may never get back). This should be changed, so you no longer drop items, armor and implants are no longer removed, and there is no more backpack recovery fee. In addition, if your killed by a player, the death penalty should be less for PVP combat, with imparement reduced by 50%, and no durability damage (you only suffer durability damage if your defeated by mobs). These changes should especially be made, given that low level players don't stand a chance against high level players.

Maybe more cities and bases can be introduced, and other improvements to the game. I like to see the game more updated to try to bring back more players within the United States and Europe.

nabbl
30-01-13, 00:41
well...

erm...

NO!

(to all of it)

Dropout
30-01-13, 01:20
I think neocron can use some improvements. First of all, the game can be made more stable without all these bugs and crashes. Maybe update the game engine. The game should be compatable with the latest windows operating systems (windows 7 and 8), and have directx 11 support.
Ehhhh you DO know how much of a mess the game engine is, right? No such thing as updating it, its either a completely new one, or small bug fixes (and pray that the changes havent broken anything).

Second, The death penalty is currently unforgiving, especially to new players. The way the game is, when you die, not only do you have to respawn at a gen rep, along with imparement, but you have to pay a recovery fee. Plus, your items get damaged, all your armor, and some implants are removed, and you randomly drop an item (which you may never get back). This should be changed, so you no longer drop items, armor and implants are no longer removed, and there is no more backpack recovery fee. In addition, if your killed by a player, the death penalty should be less for PVP combat, with imparement reduced by 50%, and no durability damage (you only suffer durability damage if your defeated by mobs). These changes should especially be made, given that low level players don't stand a chance against high level players.
Carebears never last long in NC..
And IMO the death penalties is one of the Things that make NC great.. None of that *self-censure* from all the modern games, I cant stand how there often isnt any penalty for getting killed in newer games!

Maybe more cities and bases can be introduced, and other improvements to the game. I like to see the game more updated to try to bring back more players within the United States and Europe.
Riiiight... We really do not need to spread out the population more..

Torg
30-01-13, 01:21
thank you for your ideas. maybe to want to read the brainport part of the forum. this could help you updating your proposal.

danmalone
30-01-13, 01:24
Ehhhh you DO know how much of a mess the game engine is, right? No such thing as updating it, its either a completely new one, or small bug fixes (and pray that the changes havent broken anything).

Carebears never last long in NC..
And IMO the death penalties is one of the Things that make NC great.. None of that *self-censure* from all the modern games, I cant stand how there often isnt any penalty for getting killed in newer games!

Riiiight... We really do not need to spread out the population more..

Pretty much what Walker said tbh :p

Also not sure what bugs and crashes you're referring to - Not crashed or had any issues since the first few patches that were released (I also love that I can alt tab from fullscreen to look at facebook) :D

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 01:51
I can't believe you think my ideas suck. we'll, at least the game should be made so It runs well on Windows 7 and 8.

The death penalty in this game is worst that the death penalties in games like World of Warcraft, DC Universe, and Star Wars The Old Republic. The game is also unforgiving on newbie players, because the game is designed with levels, just like other MMOS, where low level players have no change against high level players. in World Of Warcraft, is already bad enough having to waste at least 1-3 minutes running back to your corpse, and resurecting, and being open to any npc attack, as well as 10% durability damage. But the death penalty in this game is too much. I don't want to be dropping items when I die, and having all my armor, and some implants to remove. Some implants may require someone to poke me to put them back in because I don't have the specialized skills to do so. Overall, this game should be more newbie friendly.

The game could also be annlying, where I'm just trying to level, and do stuff, when an enemy player goes kills me on sight, and then when I leave my apartment, I get killed again, and the imparement stacks.

I Think the developers should do something to attract more players to the game, or the game will just die out, and the servers will shut down for good.

Biglines
30-01-13, 02:14
making this game cater to mainstream content would kill this game off far more surely. this game survives because it is niche. if you want to play a game like world of warcraft, DC universe, or SWTOR, go play those... they already exist, so the whole point of trying to make a 10 year old game more like those is just stupid... mainstream games have been done, and have been done better...

try to read up on the success of Dayz, a game where u can get killed in 1 shot, and lose all the progress you have spend months building, and it's been one of the biggest games of 2012.

Torg
30-01-13, 02:25
The death penalty in this game is worst that the death penalties in games like World of Warcraft, DC Universe, and Star Wars The Old Republic.you've never played eve online. and keep your LE in. and please be careful with what you write on the forums, ppl might mistake you for a carebear.

William Antrim
30-01-13, 02:41
Spaceshot? is your ingame (in nc) name Zenix by any chance?

Dropout
30-01-13, 03:32
Biglines said it quite well in post #7 and with a much more friendly tone, than I could have done.. So wont comment on those subjects.

I can't believe you think my ideas suck. we'll, at least the game should be made so It runs well on Windows 7 and 8.

The game runs VERY well on Win7 and Win8. Far better than it did on XP.
The only real problem is that you shouldnt install it into the default folder C:\Program Files (x86). Install it in C:\Neocron\ for example.

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 04:16
Spaceshot? is your ingame (in nc) name Zenix by any chance?

How do you know my in game Name is zenix?

But I don't know if it is under the spaceshotx7 or spaceshotxl account name, or what server Zenix is on. you have any ideas?

gostly
30-01-13, 05:12
Yeah, just no. Terrible ideas and the game runs great on win7/8 so don't know where that even came from.

Also think this should be moved to brainport.

yavimaya
30-01-13, 05:15
Sorry Spaceshot, This game was setup originally with adults (older teenagers) in mind, It is meant to be a harsh world, that is the point of it being a Cyberpunk game and not a barbie game.
The game would die if it was to be made more carebear, they already tried it in NC1 and alientated alot of people, although maybe they got new customers, as has been mentioned, they would have been the carebears that run straight off to the next carebear game like WOW, just because the graphics are nicer and they wont die as much.

The ONLY thing i would agree with is that the SI levels are a bit high, that has always been the bane of my NC life, i die alot, paying out money is acceptable, even though it usually sends me broke.

Please, if any changes are made, bring back full loot backpacks! Bring back the naked strippers! make the game harsher! fuck the carebears!

Game runs so stable on Win7 that i could alt+tab before the patches, but havent been able to for years before win7!

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 06:02
I always wonder what is a carebear anyway? and what do you mean by the SI levels being too high? what are SL, and can't they be lowered?

Maybe this game is design only for hardcore players, and not for newbies.

yavimaya
30-01-13, 06:56
http://img10.glitterfy.com/graphics/63/tenderheart.gif

Thats what i was trying to say, this game is for adults - hardcore players - not elf loving kiddies.
All i can say is that although it may not be the friendliest game for newbies, the community makes up for that.
We hope you can see past the things you dont like right now and stick around.

SI= synaptic impairment.

Deus Ex Machina
30-01-13, 08:52

The death penalty in this game is worst that the death penalties in games like World of Warcraft, DC Universe, and Star Wars The Old Republic. The game is also unforgiving on newbie players, because the game is designed with levels, just like other MMOS, where low level players have no change against high level players. in World Of Warcraft, is already bad enough having to waste at least 1-3 minutes running back to your corpse, and resurecting, and being open to any npc attack, as well as 10% durability damage. But the death penalty in this game is too much. I don't want to be dropping items when I die, and having all my armor, and some implants to remove. Some implants may require someone to poke me to put them back in because I don't have the specialized skills to do so. Overall, this game should be more newbie friendly.

The game could also be annlying, where I'm just trying to level, and do stuff, when an enemy player goes kills me on sight, and then when I leave my apartment, I get killed again, and the imparement stacks.

I Think the developers should do something to attract more players to the game, or the game will just die out, and the servers will shut down for good.Now I could be wrong, if yes I apologize.
But i think what we have here is a prime example of a troll, an interesting lifeform that had been thought to have died out, till the internet came up.
It showed, that this species infact has survived through the ages, and dwells on unsuspecting users, baiting them to get fed. The lifeform often finds someone who feeds it cookies and then comes back for more. If the feeding stops it will still linger around to see if there isn't someone who might still feed it, or someone who starts again because they think its just too cute.
It has been shown in the past, that the lifeform Troll can also start a rage that is dangerously infective to those around it, so most of the times its best to stay calm around it.
If careful, the lifeform is a very interesting one to look at and to observate.
Often people just feed it to keep it around for their amusement.
Since this is just such a fascinating creature I couldn't stop and not comment to it and its beauty.
Again I apologize if I am mistaken, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Sorin
30-01-13, 08:53
I always thought the death "penalty" in Neocron was pretty tame compared to other games. The SI and some implants popping out and having to drag my armor back into its slots (real hard...) is chump change.

Dieing in EQ2 on the other hand is more of a pain in the ass. Especially before they patched the soul shard death mechanic out. Aside from all of my gear taking a 10% hit (so basically die 10 times and you're naked...have to find the mender NPC and get your stuff back to 100%), the real pain was having "xp debt". Meaning, for every monster you kill, you don't actually get the full amount, because part of the xp you get goes to the debt, so you only get part of it. After a while, your debt is paid and you get the full xp again. That can get really annoying during long, deep, hardcore dungeon crawling xp grinding coupled together with how slow xp comes in EQ2. The other really annoying part was the difficulty in getting back to the spot I was in.

So in NC the SI hit, gutter-change charge to recover my items, and a few implants popping out is barely a blip on my radar. The only annoying part is trying to run back to my leveling spot because of the annoying GR security changes they put in back in the day (NC1...?). That's it. And that's not even that bad in the end.

Doc Holliday
30-01-13, 09:07
I always thought the death "penalty" in Neocron was pretty tame compared to other games. The SI and some implants popping out and having to drag my armor back into its slots (real hard...) is chump change.

Dieing in EQ2 on the other hand is more of a pain in the ass. Especially before they patched the soul shard death mechanic out. Aside from all of my gear taking a 10% hit (so basically die 10 times and you're naked...have to find the mender NPC and get your stuff back to 100%), the real pain was having "xp debt". Meaning, for every monster you kill, you don't actually get the full amount, because part of the xp you get goes to the debt, so you only get part of it. After a while, your debt is paid and you get the full xp again. That can get really annoying during long, deep, hardcore dungeon crawling xp grinding coupled together with how slow xp comes in EQ2. The other really annoying part was the difficulty in getting back to the spot I was in.

So in NC the SI hit, gutter-change charge to recover my items, and a few implants popping out is barely a blip on my radar. The only annoying part is trying to run back to my leveling spot because of the annoying GR security changes they put in back in the day (NC1...?). That's it. And that's not even that bad in the end.

agreed. as for the reference about grs yeah it changed in nc1. I made a thread in the brainport about it all but it was dismissed by people here on the forum as being a shit idea.

I much preferred the fact that clans cant lock the grs. i think it gives them too much power.

@deus. I dont think its a troll. I think its just a young child. Thats the impression im getting anyway.

L0KI
30-01-13, 10:05

This has to be a troll post.

If it isn't, then you need a slap, hard across the face.

William Antrim
30-01-13, 12:06
He isn't trolling. He is being genuine. I remember him from way back.

Trivaldi
30-01-13, 12:24
Moved to Brainport.

L0KI
30-01-13, 13:37
Moved to Bin.

Fixed!

Now who's trolling? :lol:

William Antrim
30-01-13, 16:31
How do you know my in game Name is zenix?

But I don't know if it is under the spaceshotx7 or spaceshotxl account name, or what server Zenix is on. you have any ideas?

You used to play on Titan and you were in the SXR clan for a while. You also joined my clan for a while as Black Dragon - Body Count and you came on our vent server a few times. I remember having a conversation with you about where you were from as we all thought you said you were from Brooklyn, NY. It turns out youre not, obviously and I remember you getting rather excited one day when you came with us levelling somewhere and screaming down ventrilo "OMG THERES AN ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" when we had told you about 5 minutes before that we had one of our mates coming to level his APU (who was black dragon) with us.

You were a bit of a legend back then mate as we all found you to be quite hilarious.

I remember you because it was a fond memory of helping a new guy out. You played on Terra back then along with the rest of us and you had regular arguments with your older brother I think if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, yeah I meant you no harm. It was just a happy memory.

As for your ideas, sorry dude but I think the guys already answered your queries and rebutted your suggestions politely. It happens to us all once or twice.

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 19:24
Thanks for jogging my memory

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 19:28
You used to play on Titan and you were in the SXR clan for a while. You also joined my clan for a while as Black Dragon - Body Count and you came on our vent server a few times. I remember having a conversation with you about where you were from as we all thought you said you were from Brooklyn, NY. It turns out youre not, obviously and I remember you getting rather excited one day when you came with us levelling somewhere and screaming down ventrilo "OMG THERES AN ANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" when we had told you about 5 minutes before that we had one of our mates coming to level his APU (who was black dragon) with us.

You were a bit of a legend back then mate as we all found you to be quite hilarious.

I remember you because it was a fond memory of helping a new guy out. You played on Terra back then along with the rest of us and you had regular arguments with your older brother I think if memory serves me correctly.

As for your ideas, sorry dude but I think the guys already answered your queries and rebutted your suggestions politely. It happens to us all once or twice.

What server r you guys on. I tried logging on to the Titan server, but its down, and when I log on to the terra server, there are no existing characters avalable?

L0KI
30-01-13, 20:24

OH MY GAWWWWD, ITS AN ANTIIIIII.

God I love this guy.

@ Zennix - you used to make my day, daily.

L0KI
30-01-13, 20:29
What server r you guys on. I tried logging on to the Titan server, but its down, and when I log on to the terra server, there are no existing characters avalable?

We're on Titan.

Dropout
30-01-13, 20:42
We're on Titan.

Yeah, literally everyone is on Titan now.

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 21:33
But I tried to acess titan, and it seems to be down. Is the Titan server down?

Dropout
30-01-13, 21:35
But I tried to acess titan, and it seems to be down. Is the Titan server down?

Its not, no.
If you could explain what problems you have, getting onto the server, Im sure some of the nice people here can help you out :)

Spaceshotx7
30-01-13, 21:47
when I go to the server selection screen, it shows two servers. titan and terra. I select the titan server, which has a 0% next to it, and I click on it, then it says connecting to the server for about 5-10 seconds, then it goes back to the server selection screen, while titan, has some sort of percentage next to it, and after clicking on it, then saying connectting to server, it goes to the character selection screen. I am currently running a windows 7 computer.

Can you help me solve my problem?

Dropout
30-01-13, 22:04
when I go to the server selection screen, it shows two servers. titan and terra. I select the titan server, which has a 0% next to it, and I click on it, then it says connecting to the server for about 5-10 seconds, then it goes back to the server selection screen, while titan, has some sort of percentage next to it, and after clicking on it, then saying connectting to server, it goes to the character selection screen. I am currently running a windows 7 computer.

I am sadly very bad at remembering the different signs for different bugs..
But we can go through the basics :p

Have you checked that your firewall isnt blocking the client?
Location of your install? If it is installed in the Program Files folder it can be quite annoying. Move it to C:\Neocron or something like that instead.

I do find it kind of weird that you see Titan as 0% though..

Hopefully if none of this helps you out, someone who is better at remembering this stuff can help you out.

EDIT: Hmm maybe some people are having some problems actually.. Riddle has just made this thread:
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147262-Server-up

Deus Ex Machina
30-01-13, 23:52
[..]Well, since it seems I really was too shortsighted, I hereby heartily apologize to you Spaceshotx7.

Spaceshotx7
31-01-13, 00:34
I am sadly very bad at remembering the different signs for different bugs..
But we can go through the basics :p

Have you checked that your firewall isnt blocking the client?
Location of your install? If it is installed in the Program Files folder it can be quite annoying. Move it to C:\Neocron or something like that instead.

I do find it kind of weird that you see Titan as 0% though..

Hopefully if none of this helps you out, someone who is better at remembering this stuff can help you out.

EDIT: Hmm maybe some people are having some problems actually.. Riddle has just made this thread:
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147262-Server-up

I tried uninstalling the client, and re-downloading it, and then installed it in the C:\Neocron, and when I logged in, it took over 2 minutes to log to the login screen, and when it gets there, there is no text, and the login imput doesn't work. I think I made it worse, and i'm running windows 7. What should I do now? By the way, my computer is hooked up to an apple airport wireless router. I need help.

L0KI
31-01-13, 14:52

From your description, it doesn't seem you have a problem. It goes to the character selection screen, after all. My guess is you're expecting to see a character? You won't find one there unless you levelled one in the past few months, as Titan is a new server.

Spaceshotx7
31-01-13, 18:42
Then what happened to my old character zenix? It was around level 43 the last time I played it. It was a private eye assasin.

L0KI
31-01-13, 20:16
Well he'll be in limbo (aka, Terra) for all eternity.

Sorry dude, you'll need to start again like the rest of us!

Spaceshotx7
31-01-13, 21:14
Well he'll be in limbo (aka, Terra) for all eternity.

Sorry dude, you'll need to start again like the rest of us!

I get it, so the character was pretty much purged. Also, you begin with the law enforcer chip on, which protects you from being ganked by high level players. Problem is that you can't join a clan, and its been so frustrating where your unexpectedly ganked, and forced to suffer severe death penalties.

L0KI
31-01-13, 22:03
I get it, so the character was pretty much purged. Also, you begin with the law enforcer chip on, which protects you from being ganked by high level players. Problem is that you can't join a clan, and its been so frustrating where your unexpectedly ganked, and forced to suffer severe death penalties.

http://www.hubworld.com/hubworld/images/care-bears/welcome-to-care-a-lot/show-pages/layout-images/header-carebears_960x250.jpg

Zoltan
31-01-13, 22:38

Maybe you're in the wrong clan? A clan is a powerful ally in Neocron and a part of the fundamental Story / Gameplay. A clan should protect you from getting ganked by other players and a clan should hunt those gankers.

There are no plans to implement LE'd clans to Neocron in the next centuries.;)

Sechs
31-01-13, 23:45
Trollthread. Nuff said. <.<

Spaceshotx7
01-02-13, 00:49
Maybe you're in the wrong clan? A clan is a powerful ally in Neocron and a part of the fundamental Story / Gameplay. A clan should protect you from getting ganked by other players and a clan should hunt those gankers.

I felt like I was not being protected enough, and I wasn't even being escorted, so enemy players just preyed on me. Even If I had a level advantage, I still suck at FPS PVP because the players run, dance around, and gun at the same time, and are able to hit me with 95-100% acuracy, while I don't hit them much.

By the way, the terra server seems to be indefinately down, leaving only terra open. I created a new character on my Spaceshotx7 account. It is a soldier gentank. His name is Rengal. I kept the default point specs iut came with, leaving me no specs in using implant tools, as well as repairing.When you die, I think it should be changed, so your implants don't pop out, because if you don't have the skills to implant them, you have to search for someone to poke you, which is time consuming.

Any tips?

Dropout
01-02-13, 01:57
Thank you for that! That is something that definitely would fuck Things up IMO.

I felt like I was not being protected enough, and I wasn't even being escorted, so enemy players just preyed on me. Even If I had a level advantage, I still suck at FPS PVP because the players run, dance around, and gun at the same time, and are able to hit me with 95-100% acuracy, while I don't hit them much.
Join a good Clan then. Or ask them if anyone wants to level with you (if being ganked when leveling is the problem). Or if you're Bellow level */30 quit the Clan and put your LE back in!
About PVP: Most PVP'ers have been playing for years, and therefore have had a lot of practice.
A good tip would be to go to NF with some friends and practice your aim.

By the way, the terra server seems to be indefinately down, leaving only terra open. I created a new character on my Spaceshotx7 account. It is a soldier gentank. His name is Rengal. I kept the default point specs iut came with, leaving me no specs in using implant tools, as well as repairing.When you die, I think it should be changed, so your implants don't pop out, because if you don't have the skills to implant them, you have to search for someone to poke you, which is time consuming.

Any tips?

Eh you mentioned Terra both times.. :p But yeah Terra is impossible to connect to currently (Im guessing it has to do with different Patch # ..Devs?)
Titan is the server everyone is playing on now anyways, so good choice.
Tanks shouldnt poke, nor should they repair (they do not have points to spare for these kinds of Things). Its a MMO, interact with people.
And no, NOTHING should be changed about the death penalties.

William Antrim
01-02-13, 05:59
I read that too Rabbi, yeah. Everyone is trying to help and noone noticed the fact that he didnt actually select the right server. :)

Zenix if you dont like PVP then keep your LE in and you wont get ganked and you wont need to worry about the nasty pkers. You can still make friends in the PVE community.

Spaceshotx7
01-02-13, 06:24
By the way, my name is now rengal. I'm a gen tank soldier. By the way, won't I need some hacking skills, so I can be able to get through locked doors to acess certain areas?

Dropout
01-02-13, 09:13
By the way, my name is now rengal. I'm a gen tank soldier. By the way, won't I need some hacking skills, so I can be able to get through locked doors to acess certain areas?

Again, MMO..
If you want to hack, make a spy or a monk. Tanks do not have enough INT to spare on anything but WEP.

Manosteel36
01-02-13, 20:08

You... ... just... mmmm

I don't think you are even playing the same game as I am. You basically just said," well to make the game better.... change Everything".

This game isnt a wimpy game, its called cyberpunk for a reason. This game is beautiful because its not forgiving. It is unique because of the effort and skill it does require... Please just delete this thread lol.

J45
04-02-13, 21:47
You... ... just... mmmm

I don't think you are even playing the same game as I am. You basically just said," well to make the game better.... change Everything".

This game isnt a wimpy game, its called cyberpunk for a reason. This game is beautiful because its not forgiving. It is unique because of the effort and skill it does require... Please just delete this thread lol.

I have played many mmos and nearly all fps games. I play them until i have mastered them or come close, been playing Neocron for many years and i can honestly say i don't come close to being a good player.

Yet Neocron is always the game i come back to or have an itch to play contantly, go figure.