PDA

View Full Version : [00895][R#178] Items Disappearing

Druid311
29-01-13, 03:34
Earlier today, my friend had his 2 slot STORM laser disappear. A few hours later, I was @ via rosso sec 3. I had SI, I was buying drones. My SI made my Rifle PE PA 2 red, so I took it off. I dragged it into my inventory. It disappeared. I looked around on the ground, checked my belt, relogged(to see if it had become a diff item). Finally I realized that it was gone. 100% gone. This seems to be a possible new bug. Usually the item that vanishes will become a pair of boots or stamina booster.

My friend never could find his STORM laser today, and I had to reassure him that I didn't have it.
The PA was not a big loss, and I'm ok with just buying another. Next time it could be a 5 slot dissy or something :P

Thanks, and hope the details I enclosed help.

Mokoi
29-01-13, 03:47
What was the cause of the SI?
Did you perhaps die previous to the inventory issues?
Did you remove anything else from your inventory, i.e. drop junk?

Druid311
29-01-13, 03:58
What was the cause of the SI?
Did you perhaps die previous to the inventory issues?
Did you remove anything else from your inventory, i.e. drop junk?
The SI was from using GenRep, negative on dropping anything or death.
Thanks for the quick reply! When my friend lost his storm laser, I helped him xfer it to his repper. When I helped give it to his tank, it suddenly was not in either of our inventorys. We both tried to relog and zone and it was just gone.

netster
29-01-13, 10:43
Sry to say, i once recycled a tank powerarmor to ammo, because i died and was recycling ammo to sort my inventory after i tagged plaza1 to respawn. I will NOT write a bug about it, its just about 5years ago.

Torg
29-01-13, 16:18
do we still have to relog after dieing to evade the "wrong icon" bug?

phunqe
29-01-13, 16:29

I haven't had the wrong icon bug since the last patch.

hazzard
19-10-13, 11:47

I'll definitely do this. Lost some nice items due to this bug. I sold my psi core a "few" years ago to YO.

Sry to say, i once recycled a tank powerarmor to ammo, because i died and was recycling ammo to sort my inventory after i tagged plaza1 to respawn.
I hope you got tons of ammo...
Otherwise it seems that the client is handling all the recycling and the server doesn't check it all. This would be awesome...

Bifrost
17-01-14, 15:29
Has anyone had any recent cases of items disappearing? If you have, please give us any details you can.