PDA

View Full Version : [T#180] Testserver Patch Discussion

Alduin
28-01-13, 23:40
Cheers everyone,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147197-T-180-PTS-Patch-Notes).

Slauncha,
Alduin

nabbl
28-01-13, 23:55
Nice one!

I like the rework of the clipping fixes.

But I am also happily awaiting any kind of balancing adjustments ;-) (but this has time until all the major bugs are found and eliminated)

Doc Holliday
29-01-13, 06:48
So we should test out droning and see how it is. what else? PvP perhaps with the clipping fixes?

kane
29-01-13, 11:00
Keep up the good work :)

da_fu$e
29-01-13, 14:32
NC need speed cap, char still warping

wargolem
29-01-13, 14:48
does this mean warbots won't run into the sea in k01/k02

Alduin
29-01-13, 16:15
So we should test out droning and see how it is. what else? PvP perhaps with the clipping fixes?

Right, testing pvp (a good place to do this would be e.g. Ceres Mine), testing droning and testing the weird behaviour of mobs is most important atm. In case of pvp and the weird behaviour of mobs movies would be 1337! ;)

Slauncha
Alduin

Petalustig
29-01-13, 20:23
I will make a Video from clipping//posi Bugs when i'am back from work

Dribble Joy
29-01-13, 22:19
Tested mobs in J01, behavior indeed seems normal! :D

Petalustig
30-01-13, 03:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIt8mQaTZo
Here you go.!
I think this Position Bugs comes when you move Fast behind a wall in Patch 178 its really terrible... but on the rework Patch its much better but sometimes it still happens..
Tell me when you got some positions where i can test it too..

sorry for bad english i try my best :P

Sorin
30-01-13, 11:40
Are reverse LOMs broken? I tried them tonight and they weren't working.

Dropout
30-01-13, 14:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIt8mQaTZo
Here you go.!
I think this Position Bugs comes when you move Fast behind a wall in Patch 178 its really terrible... but on the rework Patch its much better but sometimes it still happens..
Tell me when you got some positions where i can test it too..

sorry for bad english i try my best :P

Nice Peter! Thanks for that vid.
Looks like it has improved A LOT in 180. But yeah, still need some Work.

Those volunteers keep on impressing me tbh.

Atropos
30-01-13, 23:00
Tried out some droning , mostly in narrow places and caves, and was quite surprised how well it worked out.
A very big improvement in terms of handling, although the gfx when damaged, could still be a bit less.

But Starting the drone is much much better now, thx.

As for the clipping/positioning, i did some multiboxing to see the difference between the clients.
This has also improved quite much, although some strange things (like ppu flying in the air while running down a hill) do still occur, but a lot less than on titan actually.

Looks good.
I had an issue where no credits were paid after killing some mobs, but this was fixed after relogging, and i was not able to reproduce it.

So far so good, keep it up!

danmalone
31-01-13, 03:00
I've only been on for a few mins myself but I've managed to get the MC5 Base commander and guard is stuck inside the Rhino so they're both untargetable (except by AOE probably) - At the southern most camp.

Not 100% sure whether it's an actual player tank or a random set piece put in there as scenery - If it's scenery then I'd suggest removing such things to stop mobs from standing inside them :cool:

gstyle40
31-01-13, 17:28
test server down? i cant connect. just hangs on login with no message. ive tried all kinds of stuff. retail works but testserver just hangs and kicks back to login

L0KI
31-01-13, 17:59
Clipping seems loads better. Good job!

Petalustig
01-02-13, 01:14
yeah the clip rework is very nice ... alduin you can say any time when the patch goes online? like 1 week 1 month or anything^^?

Ghostface_Speak
01-02-13, 01:58
ETA: 2 Dingdongbannu's more on your account

Dropout
01-02-13, 02:01
yeah the clip rework is very nice ... alduin you can say any time when the patch goes online? like 1 week 1 month or anything^^?

Would love to know this aswell.
Although Im sure that the answer is going to be "when its ready" :p

Petalustig
01-02-13, 12:58
Would love to know this aswell.
Although Im sure that the answer is going to be "when its ready" :p

yeah when its done :P... i only want to know when i can start op fights again :D...

Alduin
01-02-13, 13:07
You are both wrong :P soon(TM) ;) there will hopefully be a new patch on Vedeena by the end of the weekend or by the beginning of next week. Once that patch is deployed we will have to conduct another stress test on Vedeena.

Slauncha
Alduin

Dropout
01-02-13, 13:11
You are both wrong :P soon(TM) ;) there will hopefully be a new patch on Vedeena by the end of the weekend or by the beginning of next week. Once that patch is deployed we will have to conduct another stress test on Vedeena.

Slauncha
Alduin
Haha :p
But sounds good. Guess I should get a testserver client up and running durring the weekend then.
Im starting to feel bad about not helping out when possible..

Doc Holliday
01-02-13, 23:14
haha. owned. looks like another big stress test coming. i will patch my client up ready. havent been able to test anything yet