PDA

View Full Version : [00281][R#178] PVE - No Damage, No Casting

F3Speech
27-01-13, 20:01
Stood still behind mob finger held on attack. Ongoing/Repeatable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cm4ifQQPHM&feature=youtu.be

William Antrim
28-01-13, 14:57
No its not a bug, you need to release your finger and cast the spell and then press it again to cast a second one. It is done this way to stop you from just holding your button down and walking away I think.

F3Speech
28-01-13, 19:52
Makes no difference if you hold or slow/fast/hammer the mouse button.

I don't think this is a server wide 'lag' problem as my friend stood next to me can use his glove fine.

hatmankh
28-01-13, 21:04
This is a known bug with spell animations. It happens with some spells when you get their frequency high enough, the cast time becomes shorter than the animation so the animation keeps resetting before it finishes, preventing the cast from finishing and dealing damage.

It's mostly just low TL spells that are effected by this bug, people aren't reporting it very often and it's become low priority. It probably would have gotten fixed a while ago if rare spells were doing it too.

F3Speech
28-01-13, 23:31
This is a known bug with spell animations. It happens with some spells when you get their frequency high enough, the cast time becomes shorter than the animation so the animation keeps resetting before it finishes, preventing the cast from finishing and dealing damage.

It's mostly just low TL spells that are effected by this bug, people aren't reporting it very often and it's become low priority. It probably would have gotten fixed a while ago if rare spells were doing it too.

That's interesting but... the spell I was using in the video was nowhere near max, I needed a +1 psi implant to use it and had only a couple of extra point in apu over the requirement. From memory I think the Freq. was about 80% but I'll check later and update.

F3Speech
29-01-13, 01:32
Player/Item Details
http://imagebin.org/244592

hatmankh
29-01-13, 02:05
Just so you know it's not just you that's bugged, anyone who tries to use that spell will experience the same thing, it only happens on some spells so it's definitely not intended.