PDA

View Full Version : Increase Chance of the rarest techs please

Dundonian
27-01-13, 17:37
It is obvious if you watch trade for a few days like I have been we are all looking for the same rare techs to complete weapons etc .........

Its supposed to be random chance on any tech when researching but obviously its not, I would like to see the rarest techs to be boosted since no one will trade them or sell them even for insane amounts..... most people have got very little chance of getting the parts you needed unless your in a group of tech hunters.

Ive been grinding almost everynight for hours to get techs and its the same old shite everytime, tbh if I have to do this much longer il be off again I came to gear up and pvp but without the rares weapons its pointless therefore boring.

What do you guys think?

William Antrim
27-01-13, 18:12
I made a similar thread a while ago. I was told its all random and the thread got closed. Do a search you will see it.

Dropout
27-01-13, 18:33
I made a similar thread a while ago. I was told its all random and the thread got closed. Do a search you will see it.

Yeah its totally random!
*sigh*

I obviously support this.

Mokoi
27-01-13, 19:02
the responsible functionality was inspected and found to produce results that are random (well, pseudorandom at least), thus the issue was closed.

Please submit more information on what parts you find to be suprisingly drop friendly and what parts on the other hand do not drop so well, including the specific amount and any details you consider noteworthy for a second investigation of the issue.

thanks.

Torg
27-01-13, 19:22
Please submit more information on what parts you find to be suprisingly drop friendly and what parts on the other hand do not drop so well, including the specific amount and any details you consider noteworthy for a second investigation of the issue.techhaven network should have exact statistics on this. at least on request.

Mokoi
27-01-13, 21:13
The THN was so kind to provide us with a dump of the entire part list for TITAN (thanks guys!).
We'll screen the list and see if we can find any correlation between parts that break away from the norm.

Dropout
27-01-13, 21:22
The THN was so kind to provide us with a dump of the entire part list for TITAN (thanks guys!).
We'll screen the list and see if we can find any correlation between parts that break away from the norm.

Nice. Thanks :)

Bruder Malmsdoo
27-01-13, 22:18
I suppose a lot of the desired techs lie unressed in some appas... ;)

Dundonian
27-01-13, 22:54
superb thankyou tbh didnt expect that response lol :D

Chuck Norris
27-01-13, 23:04
try changing up your hunting spots, I have a sinking suspicion that there may be "modifiers" to the pseudo-randomness

Doc Holliday
28-01-13, 05:33
I wondered that too actually.

Off the top of my head right now some of the rarer techs (hard to get ones) are:

Creed Comp
Special forces Tech part
Ravager Tech/Add tech
CS Add tech/Hull
EoF Comp/Frame
Disruptor Frame
Pain Easer Comp
First Love Comp
Judge Comp
Special Science CPU Frame

Plenty of others will also be listed on trade at any particular time. I would have to log on to my account and check out what else is rarer or more common.

The EoF for example. for the core and hull i have 5+ of each that stacked up. Other parts i have rarely seen and usually traded for. The ravager also. Frame and comp are ever so common yet tech and atp seem to be very hard to come by. Theres a part for the dreadfire prototype that i have 10 of yet barely any of the others in the set. Im 95% sure its the comp.

As a clan we tried to farm hoverbots to test out what the drops were like. This was unfortunately before the latest patch and because the drop rate wasnt good compared to firemobbing/doy tunnels we didnt get much of a sample size.

DR REED
28-01-13, 09:32
DEPENDANCY from LOCATION
Since Warbots drop rare parts again with distinct rate i tried to examine whether there is a different "pattern of parts" between warbots and firemobs. As i could say for now there is no significantly difference in the distribution of the specific parts.

DISTRIBUTION
The distribution of rare parts were never a uniform one - at normal rare pool and at mc5 part pool there were ever a unequal distribution of the parts. Some were noticeably more rare than other. This could be a factor of 1:10 and more. Analyzingf the rare pools of Techhaven.org proves this.

Be aware: equalizing the distribution of the parts would increase the market share of rare items and weapons a lot !

This could be positive or negative, depends on the point of view.

Reed

William Antrim
28-01-13, 14:21
Only torg would see that as a negative.

As for what else is rare. Winding argument frame; holy deflection frame, gatlin pistol who's name escapes me right now comp. You can just look on trade at any given time and see what parts people are looking for and it is always the same ones.

wargolem
28-01-13, 16:01
Frame Doomie
ATP malediction

The tech pool needs to be changed to be more like mc5 where everything is equal. Would sort out the economy and create a better environment to trade rares in!

some rares are 16 times more common than other parts of the same thing

DR REED
28-01-13, 16:10
Only torg would see that as a negative.

As for what else is rare. Winding argument frame; holy deflection frame, gatlin pistol who's name escapes me right now comp. You can just look on trade at any given time and see what parts people are looking for and it is always the same ones.

Not sure whether the comparison with Torg is a compliment or not :)

To make it a little bit more clear:

- It's positive if one see Neocron primarily as a pvp-centered shooter game with a nice background story and a non common pvp system. Here players tend to minimize everything that has to do with leveling and collecting equipment.High comfort for everything which had nothing to do with dueling is intended.

- It's negative if one has an interest for a functional macro-economy within a roleplay based game. Here it is not unimportant that Neocron has no real moneysinks at all and everbody is a millionaire and has dozens of cabs full of 3-5 slotted rares - it is only a question of time.

In few months the whole upset of all the posters here which demand to enhance earnings, loot, drop rates (i appreciate the new=old warbot drops though!) and xp gains will end! Why ? Because people are 1) capped, 2)rich and 3)oversupplied.

How do you like to say ? "That's fact" :)

Frame Doomie
ATP malediction

The tech pool needs to be changed to be more like mc5 where everything is equal. Would sort out the economy and create a better environment to trade rares in!

some rares are 16 times more common than other parts of the same thing

Over the years on Mars i remember that the distribution of parts within the MC5 pool wasn't equal at all !?! Very similar to the normal rare pool every imps had a part which was much more rare than the rest. Has it changed ?

Reed

nEo-1664
28-01-13, 18:02
techhaven network should have exact statistics on this. at least on request.

It is only an exact stat if everyone in the game uses the RaresDB. But with the large number of people that do use it, at least it provides a good knowledge of the parts currently ingame.

Not that I did it directly, but we do try our best to assist were possible :)

Bruder Malmsdoo
28-01-13, 21:05
I know quite a lot of people, who have several appas full of cabinets with stacked unressed techs in it. Me 2, but I cannot ress it, because my resser isn't available due to "char data corrupted" (Zoltan!). ;)

Also only a minority of the playerbase uses the database. I dont think the problem is real. We had no probs on terra before everyone started to dupe and if I understandd it correctly the team didn't change the code. Lets wait and see. Because of the balancing probs all people want the same weapons and chips. Market mechanism....

William Antrim
28-01-13, 21:07
The thing is more rare weapons is good for the whole community, not just sections. Everyone has a chance to collect the weapons they have always wanted and have multiples of them. It is a good thing as even the noobs can profit as people who farm will want to pass on the less slotted "shit" rares.

It will also make the people who want to remove the LE faster also be able to do this as they will feel like they stand a chance of pvping and the RP/PVErs of the world will be able to carry on building and collecting their rares just like before.

Everyone loves making 5 slot weapons - fact. Everyone loves collecting rares - well most do I am sure. some see it as a necessity for pvp sure but EVERYONE wins. What is not to love about it?

Powerpunsh
28-01-13, 22:33
Im quite sure there is a modifier. Firemobs and Warbots may have an equal dropchance of the parts but differs in the tendency.

What about Doyunits? hoverbomber? doytunnel? If there is a modifier had it ever been adjusted with the remove of raredrops from ceres mobs, mc5 guards, regantmobs?
Questions over questions. I hope you guys will find something. I personally just regocnized quite much complete winding arguments from firemobs hunting. :)

Dundonian
30-01-13, 02:42
It would be nice if the Devs let us know the findings according to TH.org and the possibilties ahead regarding the situation so can you keep us informed please! :)

Dumdies
06-02-13, 08:35
It is obvious if you watch trade for a few days like I have been we are all looking for the same rare techs to complete weapons etc .........

Its supposed to be random chance on any tech when researching but obviously its not, I would like to see the rarest techs to be boosted since no one will trade them or sell them even for insane amounts..... most people have got very little chance of getting the parts you needed unless your in a group of tech hunters.

Ive been grinding almost everynight for hours to get techs and its the same old shite everytime, tbh if I have to do this much longer il be off again I came to gear up and pvp but without the rares weapons its pointless therefore boring.

What do you guys think?

I know Techs are "random" but i have tried working something out. I have seen people gaining the same kind of "rare" techs in different places. For instance i go and farm fire mobs and get all the shite techs, then i go to doy tunnels and start getting the rarer techs in the game. Are techs totally random or do certain mobs drop certain techs?

hatmankh
06-02-13, 11:40
Staff have always said it's completely random.

Satan2k2
06-02-13, 11:50

Be aware: equalizing the distribution of the parts would increase the market share of rare items and weapons a lot !

When the distribution is off and the droprates will be altered, they can avoid the problem with the market when the drop rate of the more common rareparts will be decreased a lil bit and the rates of the rare rareparts :D will be not touched.

Doc Holliday
06-02-13, 12:06
[QUOTE=Dumdies;2201844]. For instance i go and farm fire mobs and get all the shite techs, then i go to doy tunnels and start getting the rarer techs in the game./QUOTE]

I have had a similar feeling. seen techs drop like cs parts and rav tech and special science frame in the doy tunnels and yet have never seen them in firemob drops and i can categorically say i have not farmed that many techs in doys compared to firemobbing where i personally have farmed hundreds and ressed a lot more.

Phiberdelic
06-02-13, 12:45
Ima play devil's advocate and argue against upping the raredrop rate and rather decrease the droprate for the most common tech mobs. Almost everyone and their momma farms techs in only a handful of places, those containing firemobs or warbots. Whatever happened to the rest of the mobs? Y Rep hunting is one of my fav things to do because they are actually challenging; fast dodgy strong and for Sergeants & Commanders they can hit from half a zone away, yet the drop rate for techs as far as even the 96/96 Troopers is close to 1:15, Sergeants and Commanders 1:10. Why bother even attempting anything but Warbies and Grims when you can outrange them, they are sloooooow as snot, and the droprate is an amazing 1:3.

Let's hunt DOY Bots, Y Reps, Sandcrawlers, Harrassers, Hovers, Krinaks, etc.

Dropout
06-02-13, 12:57
Ima play devil's advocate and argue against upping the raredrop rate and rather decrease the droprate for the most common tech mobs. Almost everyone and their momma farms techs in only a handful of places, those containing firemobs or warbots. Whatever happened to the rest of the mobs? Y Rep hunting is one of my fav things to do because they are actually challenging; fast dodgy strong and for Sergeants & Commanders they can hit from half a zone away, yet the drop rate for techs as far as even the 96/96 Troopers is close to 1:15, Sergeants and Commanders 1:10. Why bother even attempting anything but Warbies and Grims when you can outrange them, they are sloooooow as snot, and the droprate is an amazing 1:3.

Let's hunt DOY Bots, Y Reps, Sandcrawlers, Harrassers, Hovers, Krinaks, etc.

Not everyone enjoys farming techs.. You get a big NO from me.
Droprates should NEVER be decreased on ANY mob.
Most people just want to reach cap, get a rare and start PVP'ing.

nabbl
06-02-13, 13:04
Not everyone enjoys farming techs.. You get a big NO from me.
Droprates should NEVER be decreased on ANY mob.
Most people just want to reach cap, get a rare and start PVP'ing.

Well .. you could just use that super epic rifle or high level non-rare for PvP ?

Dropout
06-02-13, 13:07
Well .. you could just use that super epic rifle or high level non-rare for PvP ?

In the games current state..? Right..

William Antrim
06-02-13, 14:40
Walker nailed it.