PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the Penalty System by including Anarchy Breed faction

nabbl
26-01-13, 13:49
An idea from Nameless111 which is kind of great!

It could be so easy to fix the penalty system... In my opinion: If you have too much minus faction symp your faction pull you out and you getting forced to leave your clan too. You become an Anarchy Breed and have to wait 1 week to become a member of a normal faction again. In this time you can't enter NC without get shoted by the copbots. As Anarchy Breed you can't form a clan and there shouldn't be much shops or other secure places. done.

please discuss!

nabbl
26-01-13, 13:53
My thoughts about that:

The idea is really great! In the sense of roleplay there would be so many new ways to play a bad character.
On the other hand there have to be mechanisms to prevent people for abusing this system.
For example a complete clan of idiots forcing themselves to be Anarchy Breed and then killing everyone around without further penalty or whatsoever.

This really has to be thought through!

Nameless111
26-01-13, 14:08
My thoughts about that:

The idea is really great! In the sense of roleplay there would be so many new ways to play a bad character.
On the other hand there have to be mechanisms to prevent people for abusing this system.
For example a complete clan of idiots forcing themselves to be Anarchy Breed and then killing everyone around without further penalty or whatsoever.

This really has to be thought through!

- No save slot
- No enter to apparment
- Fixed GR list (just a gr to the outzone 8)
- Player get listed on the NCPD most wanted list

on the other hand: For the whining pvp community panalties for led runners.

Soullight could be deleted and binded to the faction symp. Make it harder to gain faction symp but easier to lose. There shouldn't be a border like "if you reach - 10 faction symp you become anarchy breed" it should be random from +10 faction to -100. the lower your faction symp the more is the chance your faction kick you out. So it could be that 1 time you get kicked with +9 sympathie and the other time first with -50.

Edit: if you wanna play a bad guy live with the consequences.

Edit 2:

Plaza and Viarosso: A kill of a hostil runner causes a low drop of faction symp, a kill of a neutral runner a moderat and for a kill of a friendly runner a high drop.

Reason: NCPD is watching you!

Pepper Park: moderat drop for killing a friendly runner, low drop of symp for a neutral runner, no drop of symp for killing hostil runners

reason: NCPD can't look in all corners of this zone

Outzone and Wasteland: low drop of symp for killing friendly runner, no drop of symp for killing neutral or hostil runners.

Reason: Those are dangeres sectores. citys should be save and not wastelands.

Outzone 8 should be raidable.

William Antrim
26-01-13, 15:05
on the other hand: For the whining pvp community panalties for led runners.

Good way to alienate the only people who stand to lose any soullight. How many le'd runners do you see with shit soullight or faction sympathy.

If an LE'd player dies then noone loses anything at all. This entire thread/idea should be aimed at the people without an le. Making statements like the above will only serve to make those people ignore it in my opinion.

I like the idea but it has been done before. Naimex tried to do it oh so long ago on terra. Living in the wastes with permanent RED sl and he found that he really struggled to get supplies. Sure there are street hawkers and traders in various places but there needs to be a system put in place that allows people to live in that way - if that is what is intended - more permanently. They need access to shops/traders just the same as all of the warm cosy people in their via rosso apartments. They need to have the CHANCE to put right their wrongs and correct their trangressions by doing missions of some sort. Perhaps for NPCs in the various villages etc around the world.

If places like Crest Village and the Loba Village and El Farid Village had npcs that could help repair soullight/faction sympathy by doing a series of long arduous quests and also were able to sell a limited amount of medkits/stamina boosters/ammunition etc (I dont want to see Crytons Wastelands tools or anything) then yeah I think this idea could work.

Oz 8 would need to be some form of safe zone though, at least a kind of haven for the people who have shit soullight. They need to have somewhere to go to relax. Everyone else has apartments and safezones. Even the most hardened criminals in the world will have some cell time occasionally.

Perhaps the RED sl guys could purchase a "prison cell" to be lived in and accessed while they have bad sl.

I think this would all take a lot of work and honestly if I was a dev I would stamp this thread "nc3" and move on. However it is fun to discuss.

Mr_Snow
26-01-13, 15:52
Anarchy Breed was a implemented in NC1 on Venus but you had to be moved there by a GM, this GM ability may of been removed in NC2 but I doubt it.

Personally I would rather this be a roleplay tool rather then a penalty for going on a ganking spree. If somebody can prove that they are an anarchist in both character,I don't mean only by killing everyone, that is a psychopath not an anarchist and in actions, having negative 50 to all factions but not necessarily negative sl, they should be able to be moved to the Anarchy Breed faction. I would put more weight on the former rather then the latter and would exclude LE from this. If the person starts being too nice or too conformist they should be removed from the faction.

I don't know if I would exclude them from plaza or not as noted above there would have to be a hub put in for them and since I don't remember reading the Anarchy Breed backstory(if there is one) I don't know how well it would fit.

They are obviously hostile to all other factions but I think they should be neutral to each other emphasising the "lone wolf" ethos. Obviously no clans either. Since they shouldn't be fighting for ops they should drop belts in warzones to discourage them from being friendly with clans.

If you want a really nasty way of punishing people for having too low SL and/or faction sympathy they should be put into a faction that is allied with everyone and/or force an LE in until they reform their criminal ways! I think most people would find that a bigger penalty and would be more RP with a criminal punishment system.

Torg
26-01-13, 16:47
i really love this thread, but i feel it'd break nc as we know it. maybe we can both discuss this "anarchy neocron" and some, uhm, possible changes to our most beloved mmo.

Nameless111
26-01-13, 18:56
My english is limited.. can't explain my toughts in all details in it. AB shouldn't not be a faction you WANT to be in, it should be a faction that is a punishment and marks you as an criminal for a period of time. The whole soullight system is ridiclous because it does not punish. Firstly those people have normally a ppu behind their asses and secondly they do sit ins in their appartments and wait for good weather. What the sense of losing 5 items if you die when you can sit in your apparmant and wait? Whats the sense of let those people make 10 missions to fix their soullight? none. They give their ppus a call do the missions and all is fine again. Instead of waiting in the appartment they need to be forced to play a period of time as real criminals. After the time is over they can go back to the normal game. There just need to be a timer that blocks faction change for 3 days or a timer that counts the played time and after you play 24 hours as AB you can go back to the normal factions after doing a mission and paying 300k for a faction change. No safe zones for them, no 5 item drop just no save slot and being hunted in this time.

btw: anarchy means that you don't accept any authorty. You are the goverment of your own rules. Neocron has rules for example you are not allowed to go against reza. Copbots normally would kill those people on sight. Atm copbots pet those peoples and say "i haven't seen any crime, go on citizen". Anarchy Breed is a overall name for people that don't accept any rules and not a organized faction.

Deus Ex Machina
26-01-13, 22:31
They are obviously hostile to all other factions [...]At the moment, they are not. I think they are neutral to Fallen Angels (at least the normal Anarchy Breed NPCs), and maybe something similar to Twilight Guardian. Don't know about the others. They could be made to be hostile to everyone though.

I think the idea in itself sounds great, I mean which faction would keep someone around that kills ALL its allies (To go down deep you have to be on quite a spree), making further alliances problematic? If people are finally penalized for killing allies, it would really help those that don't want to kill allies (since they have the chance to either ignore being killed or kill an ally themselves), since those that make a hobby of it get kicked to the wastes, and free for all.
In my opinion someone who turns on all others, regardless of alliances, is activly choosing to be kicked out.

Let them live in the wastes, and let the wastelands come alive through people hunting them. After all, its THEM that chose a hardcore live ;-)

Jodo
27-01-13, 02:49
Let them live in the wastes, and let the wastelands come alive through people hunting them. After all, its THEM that chose a hardcore live ;-)

Careful, you'll alienate the "but it's a post apocalyptic cyberpunk danger around every corner PvP game" idiots.

I have always maintained that there should be rewards and repercussions with regards to your conduct towards other runners. What is the point in having any storyline otherwise?