PDA

View Full Version : [INTENDED][00280][R#178] Equilibrium of Forces 0slot wearing off like nothing.

netster
26-01-13, 00:30
3/4 hour in doy tunnels with a group, its down to 24% right now. This is a fucking joke :/
http://i.imgur.com/QtdIuSs.png
It is NOT show "item damaged blah" in chat, its just wearing off insane fast..

netster
28-01-13, 11:55
I will need to test this on the testserver, but thought its getting damage like an implant from carrying arround??

netster
28-01-13, 14:08
i cannot edit my posts anymore. I mean its wearing off like a peace of armor!, not like an implant. I just remembered, the brand new armor i took to the doy tunnels was about the same level, when i got out of tunnels.

Torg
28-01-13, 14:45
in general: guns are wearing off "per shot", so maybe every 100 (or more) shots your gun will degrade 1%. a 0slot means you dont have weapons mods applied to that one, which would improve overall condition and make it wear out slower. i think your problem is, uhm, within game mechanics.

Doc Holliday
28-01-13, 18:21
doesnt the fact its 0 slot have an effect? They generally wear down faster although that does seem rather high to say the least.

Dropout
28-01-13, 22:11
doesnt the fact its 0 slot have an effect? They generally wear down faster although that does seem rather high to say the least.

Yea zero-low slot weapons does seem to Wear Down a lot faster than high slot weaponry.

Chuck Norris
29-01-13, 00:24
same problem with most melee with really high strokes per minute, you have to carry around multiple weapons with you to go hunting

netster
29-01-13, 10:47
Well, i would like to get an official word on that. Thought i have no problem to have only 0slot rares (laserpointer1slotCSYAY!), but the ageing of my Equi was kinda very very gross. BUT i can say i took alot damage and all my armor was down to about the same stats like the gun (gun + armor were brand new!). So the bug might be 0slot guns take damage from incoming damage like armor or implants.

PsiCorps
29-01-13, 19:25
Isn't this the case with ALL high frequency weapons?

netster
30-01-13, 14:07
can tell you, my pe does have a tangent speedgat >500shots/min and it doesnt wear off even a 1/4th of the equi. Thought i am using no mod ammo in my speedgat (yes, i allways forget to buy some).

Dropout
30-01-13, 14:19
can tell you, my pe does have a tangent speedgat >500shots/min and it doesnt wear off even a 1/4th of the equi. Thought i am using no mod ammo in my speedgat (yes, i allways forget to buy some).

Amount of slots on the Speedgat?

netster
30-01-13, 16:11
Amount of slots on the Speedgat?3. Still no official word. :(

Mokoi
30-01-13, 16:43
The number of slots on a weapon influences the amount of condition decrease, when such a decrease occurs. Weapons with a number of slots will wear down significantly slower than those without slots. The other factor relevant to this, is the number of uses: weapons that are "used" more frequently, will wear down faster. Unlike armor, weapon condition is in no way related to your character taking damage.

Since the weapon in question has a high frequency of "uses" and not a single slot to slow down decay, the effects observed match the effects to be expected. I would propose you move discussion to the brainport if you would like to see this system change.

netster
31-01-13, 09:53
Here's the man... Mokoi! Yes, my gun is a 0slot. But still thought the gun did tear down alot too fast. IF i need to bring this topic to the brainport for attention to change? Yes, i will need to do this. Thanks for your help on this topic. /Close pls.

Bifrost
31-01-13, 11:23
Closed as working as intended.