PDA

View Full Version : Respawn Timer vs cave reset

Riddle
25-01-13, 15:45
We have all had it happen, some blocker on a cave reset, or timing on people coming and going leaving the cave not reset.

suggestion:-
instead of this system, give mobs a respawn timer removing the requirement to reset. This would remove the annoyance and make people think twice about running through a cave! If mobs are going to spawn behind them :D

William Antrim
25-01-13, 17:45
Mobs do spawn behind you. They need to have an automatic disconnect timer for afkers.

Netphreak
25-01-13, 17:59
Why not have both.
A cave can be reset as usually be everyone leaving the zone, but if someone is still in a zone after 15mins (I'm just guessing at a duration) mobs start to re-spawn.

phunqe
25-01-13, 17:59
Mobs do spawn behind you. They need to have an automatic disconnect timer for afkers.

Which instances are you referring to that does this? If you are thinking of the Chaos caves they give the illusion to respawn since they sometime fold back onto themselves and the lieutenants spawn minions through the cave walls.

Riddle
25-01-13, 19:52
Take aggie cellars, yes mobs spawn behind you on a timer, like In the wastes such as MB Bunker.

but take el farid, chaos, DOY Tunnels, you have to physically leave(everyone) to reset the zone otherwise it's empty as hell in there :D

William Antrim
25-01-13, 20:33
I have seen random mobs appear in the entrance way to Chaos Caves in all 3 caves lots of times, even without a lieutenant in the instance. On soldier runs and bat runs it has happened also.

Doc Holliday
26-01-13, 07:02
Why not have both.
A cave can be reset as usually be everyone leaving the zone, but if someone is still in a zone after 15mins (I'm just guessing at a duration) mobs start to re-spawn.

maybe ten-fifteen mins of inactivity in a zone? ie player goes afk cause he/she wants to be a tool and so when enough time has passed the game defines that runner as afk and begins the reset timer. the only issue there is what happens when another player re-enters the zone. Sounds like a bigger problem than its totally worth imo. dont wanna be negative nancy on it but it could get very difficult.

Just remove the le. HAHAHAH. kidding.

Auto spawns is a good one but that could take away that feeling of success when you clear a cave or what ever. Some people do still like that buzz of working as a team to overcome encounters. You finish the run and get some nice loot or what ever. (maybe i played too much wow or something. maybe you should discount what i say here :P)

hatmankh
26-01-13, 15:27
The timer shouldn't go off runner activity, it should start when the last mob dies, after a set time the cave resets whether people are inside it or not, of course its still much quicker to just reset the cave by leaving but the reset by timer is there just in case the cave gets blocked.

Blocking doesn't just happen when people are doing it on purpose, some people go afk without thinking about the reset, yea you could say they're selfish for not thinking of everyone else but something probably happened and they left their PC in a hurry.

Another situation that happens is non LE'd runners deciding to make your levelling zone their battleground but I suppose everyone is fine with this since they can get killed.

Whatever you think of the proposed changes to deal with cave reset, there's no denying it's a problem. A very simple problem that's been around for far too long. Hopefully we can find a solution that everyone is ok with. Not removing LEs. :p I know you said you're kidding Doc but there are people who actually claim blockers aren't the problem, LEs are.