PDA

View Full Version : Prolonging despawn timer

phunqe
25-01-13, 09:05
Please consider prolonging the despawn timer of mobs. If you have multiple mobs to kill, unless you manage to kill them all at the same time, the chance of loosing a lot of loot is great.

Thank you.

[F6]Knight
25-01-13, 09:17
For me, this is just part of the game and it's an extra challenge to properly plan your attack on a group of enemies.
You either have enough survivability so you can run in and loot as soon as something dies, or you take all the mobs down to low health and finish them all in a very short timespan so you have plenty of time left to loot.
Having spent quite a bit of time solo in I14, I have learned how to handle packs and almost never loose loot.

Doc Holliday
25-01-13, 10:22
Yeah i would have to disagree on that one. Coordination in a team makes for not losing loots etc. Sometimes its gonna happen though. Changing this could be one way of dumbing down the pve experience and honestly i think that's a bad thing. Challenge is good.

Pve balance is a bigger issue and that some of the mobs do some stupid crazy damage compared to rank but that is a big issue of its own.

Torg
25-01-13, 11:29
i'm used to wrap in a group of warbots (up to 4 or 5 since 2.2., had been more before), move my position, cycle my shots and herd them to a place where i can hack all without getting killed by respawn or loosing one to the timer. the trick is not to kill on by one, but spread your shots so all would fall within a short time.

i can see the problem behind your request, but as it has been said before, harvesting multiple mobs is an additional challenge and adds to the excitement of the game. it's where the mythic "player skill" comes in.

and yes, small spiderbots, hoppers and terrormaulers are a nuisance, but can be dealt with.

Jodo
25-01-13, 15:57
It is frustrating but I'd leave it as is. The respawn time would be screwed up further if this were to happen and for that alone I dislike the idea. F6, Doc and Torg have an excellent point also.

phunqe
25-01-13, 16:28
Ok fair enough, I see the points.

Admittedly, I don't have issues with this soloing. Managing multiple mobs, even at max level is usually no problem at all (it's also fun and the reward is greater :p).
Oddly enough it seems more of an issue in groups.

I just got the impression players perceived it as a bigger problem, particularly when dealing with a lot of dead mobs that needs hacking (which could potentially be a separate request in that case).

Praetorian
27-01-13, 15:01
Reading some of the replies in brain port (and why i usually never bother) makes you think that there seems to be a large proportion of the Neocron'ers that deep down just dont want any kind of change to the game.

Again, this game is old. Alot of the game mechanics are old too. To the point where they have become archaic and nonsensical compared to modern games/MMOs.

I am not saying that the mobs should have a 5 minute despawn timer or you should get the "loot all" function from all mobs in the vicinity. But the fact is that the time you get to loot the mobs in Neocron IS ridiculously short. Couple this with the fact that many zones now have much higher mob density or "population" than they had when the game was released.

I also dont quite see why people are against this when you know there is a (easy) way to get around this particular "problem" by utilizing another related game mechanic.

And no, i really dont think this is about Neocron being "hardcore" or "challenging". As i said, you can simply work around the problem. But why should you have to when it can be changed? Its just annoying, thats all. And why are people advocating keeping annoying things in the game? I honestly dont get it. You all know that at the end of the day its not exactly helping getting new people into the game - or staying - when they see how the game mechanics havent been updated to what people expect from games today.

Torg
27-01-13, 15:38
But why should you have to when it can be changed? Its just annoying, thats all. would it make the game easier or more exciting?

L0KI
27-01-13, 19:11
I'm not sure how feasible this is. Take the rat sewers for example. The rats don't respawn until someone has looted it, or the loot has timed out. Now this extension might be great in the WoC tunnels, but think about this:

You're at the MB bunker, and some tank hero is running around getting loot rights on all the launchers. Say the time-out is increased to 10 minutes, and said tank doesn't loot them. That's a problem.

I have to say, I believe that it's fine as it is, and it is to me personally, part of the challenge to balance the mobs HP so that they die at similar times.

All that being said, I have also on occasions thought the game might benefit from this timer being extended.

Praetorian
28-01-13, 01:45
would it make the game easier or more exciting?

Like i mentioned there is a workaround to prolong the timer. So easier, well if you by that mean less annoying then yes. More exciting? No, you would need to introduce something new into the game for that :)

I'm not sure how feasible this is. Take the rat sewers for example. The rats don't respawn until someone has looted it, or the loot has timed out. Now this extension might be great in the WoC tunnels, but think about this:

You're at the MB bunker, and some tank hero is running around getting loot rights on all the launchers. Say the time-out is increased to 10 minutes, and said tank doesn't loot them. That's a problem.

I have to say, I believe that it's fine as it is, and it is to me personally, part of the challenge to balance the mobs HP so that they die at similar times.

All that being said, I have also on occasions thought the game might benefit from this timer being extended.

As i mentioned above you can prolong the timer (so there is no real "challenge" part on killing mobs at the same time - even more so in a group, one guy can loot/hack unhindered in the middle of mobs anyway), you do however bring up a point i hadnt thought about, the despawn timer on dead mobs at the bunker or in aggie cellars etc. But isnt that just because people cant be bothered to loot it? Because they know they will despawn within an acceptable timeframe? If it was prolonged people might actually have to bother clicking "loot all" then throw the junk now and then. ;)

PS: I also wrote i wasnt talking about 5 minutes and definatly not 10 minutes as you wrote. Just saying :)

L0KI
28-01-13, 10:03
If they were to prolong the loot timer, they'd have to decrease the loot-rights timer for situations we just brought up. I can see that having negative effects when firemobbing, etc. :(

Dumdies
06-02-13, 08:38
Please consider prolonging the despawn timer of mobs. If you have multiple mobs to kill, unless you manage to kill them all at the same time, the chance of loosing a lot of loot is great.

Thank you.

You know there is a way of resetting loot timers that still works from all the time i have played Neocron. It is to right click the mob if it is a hackable mob. I put this to the test yesterday and was actually able to save loot from 2 warbots :D