PDA

View Full Version : Change picture of stealth tool or hack tool

Ivan Eres
25-01-13, 02:33
Change the picture of the the stealth tool or the hack tool so that they can be distinguished visually.

It's a simple and small change to make it possible to distinguish them.

I would prefer the stealth tool picture to be changed even if it's only its color.

Doc Holliday
25-01-13, 06:01
agreed.

hacktool should be a kind of keyboard no? like a cyberdeck ^^ ;)

Torg
25-01-13, 12:00
color should be somewhat easy to do.

nEo-1664
25-01-13, 12:19

!!! Surprised... twice in 15mins...! :o

To me that sounds like approval, as such, this idea HAS to make it in game :p

PS: Either a change of icon or color would be grand as they are different, and do very different jobs. Should at least look different, even if its a color change :)

nabbl
25-01-13, 13:02

Don't you think this would make the game too easy?
I mean until now you have to point the cursor over the tool to determine if it is a hacktool or stealthtool...

I for my part do not want to miss this pure feeling of excitement when I found the right tool for the situation.

So I will vote against this feature Request.

Forgot to set the irony-tags...

Dropout
25-01-13, 14:21
I mean until now you have to point the cursor over the tool to determine if it is a hacktool or stealthtool...

I for my part do not want to miss this pure feeling of excitement when I found the right tool for the situation.

Thanks Nabbl, that post made me laugh :D

Jodo
25-01-13, 15:51

Have a go at the guy when he's being difficult over ideas by all means, but leave it be if you actually feel he's being positive.
Getting abused/mocked regardless of which direction you take is shitty.

Torg
25-01-13, 16:14
!!! Surprised... twice in 15mins...! :o
To me that sounds like approval, as such, this idea HAS to make it in game :p
OT: thats how legends die.

Izeo
25-01-13, 22:23
Yeah, anything to make it distinguishable while in the toolbelt

I think "Survival Kit" should get a re-skin too, since it looks exactly like a medical kit. Maybe a solid color case with a white cross?
doesn't have to be this plain, but something like this (http://www.emergencyfirstaidkit.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/2-first-aid-kit-box-renjith-krishnan-300x225.jpg)? (i.e. invert colors. Doesn't have to be red either.)

hatmankh
25-01-13, 23:57
Sure, this should take 2 minutes to do.

Yeah, anything to make it distinguishable while in the toolbelt

I think "Survival Kit" should get a re-skin too, since it looks exactly like a medical kit. Maybe a solid color case with a white cross?
doesn't have to be this plain, but something like this (http://www.emergencyfirstaidkit.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/2-first-aid-kit-box-renjith-krishnan-300x225.jpg)? (i.e. invert colors. Doesn't have to be red either.)

This really isn't needed, when are you ever going to have a medical kit and a survival kit in your quickbar at the same time? You're always using one or the other, depending on your total health, recycle skill or credits if you're buying them.
I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed, just that it wouldn't have an effect, basically I'm neutral for the above mentioned reason.

William Antrim
26-01-13, 00:36
He is right, who the hell uses medkits past level 20?!

Izeo
26-01-13, 09:05
Well, I sometimes even use First Aids and Medkits because the heal from Surv Kits are so excessive that one usage usually heals more than the amount of HP missing. Even if you call me crazy, or if "no one uses medkits anymore" that's not a great excuse to have two different healing items look exactly the same.

We accept it on, say, drugs, because they all -already- looked the same, and that there are too many unique drugs. To have 30+ unique drug graphics would be nuts. But there's only three healing kits, and First Aid/Medkit look visually different. It really was just laziness to not make a new graphic when they added Surv Kits in NC2.