PDA

View Full Version : Change content of hackable crates

Deus Ex Machina
24-01-13, 10:19
I would like a change in the content of hackable crates.
Why would I like it?
Well lets compare:

At the moment I need ~20 to 30 seconds to hack a closed crate. Content mostly is worth around 100 NC, though there are a few exceptions (mostly those in special protected places I think). Most of it are Stamina boosters, Medkits and Low Worth Pistol Mods.
To find more I would have to walk a long way most of the places to the next hackable crate.

In those 20 - 30 seconds i could also loot 5 - 10 normal crates in another place, lets take Military Base as example for one of the best places. In those crates I would on average find at least 2 Heavy Weapon Mods, worth around 600 - 800 each, so lets say 1400 NC at least. Also in there is some junk loot thats sometimes useful, and sometimes also worth good NC to a player. And to get to the next 5- 10 crates I just have to sidestep. And a GoGuardian is always nearby, also shops to sell.

Since I have a obsessive-compulsive hacking disorder [;-)] I have a hard time passing a crate without looking whats inside. That those crates that need to be hacked are on average less rewarding than those standard containers around everywhere is, in my opinion not right. After all time and skill is invested to get inside.

Just to say it, I don't want to find excessive amounts of WOC disks in containers, or something. Just higher worth weapon mods would be nice for example. And once in a while something nicer, but that happens already (more or less). The Medkits and Stamina boosters are nice sometimes too.
Oh but please scrap that single ammo cartridge that can be found. Its a joke. Either the amount goes up, or just make it go away. Most of the time it isn't what you can use, and if it where, one of them is just a joke.

Torg
24-01-13, 11:07
yes. what deus says. hackboxes are a fun idea, but the loot isnt worth it. give them a boost. beyond worthless TL 27 psi modules from hackboxes deep down in chaos caves (as i experienced lately).

Jodo
24-01-13, 11:09
I'd like to see this too. Such a frustrating exercise currently, and yes, the ammo is largely pointless.

flib
25-01-13, 02:32
yes. what deus says. hackboxes are a fun idea, but the loot isnt worth it. give them a boost. beyond worthless TL 27 psi modules from hackboxes deep down in chaos caves (as i experienced lately).

I believe those are put there after someone loots them from the Chaos Queen.

Vorak
25-01-13, 05:04
Yeah I noticed if you take what's in some of the boxes and discard them, later some random items of more worth will actually spawn. When someone puts whatever in there after they've looted it, nothing respawns (normal crates too). The respawn should occur anyway and include whatever anyone else puts in them.

Jodo
25-01-13, 09:04
The respawn should occur anyway and include whatever anyone else puts in them.

I've been thinking that myself. Perhaps at the 00:00 refresh?

Doc Holliday
26-01-13, 07:15
yes yes yes. agreed.

Izeo
26-01-13, 09:16
Agreed too. Also, I agree that it's important to remove the possibility of ammo in a locked box, as said, it will practically never be the right ammo for you, and even if it is, finding one clip won't really mean anything.

Some ideas?
- rare chance at low TL tools (i.e. lowest TL recycler, hacktool)
- rare chemicals (i.e. Adhaesin, Metaxylem -- these already spawn in some lock boxes, basically just shop food)
- weaponpart/armorpart/vehiclepart/etc, rank 2 thru 6 (i.e. weaponpart 2/3/4/5/6)
- medical kits/staminabooster2/psibooster2

Torg
26-01-13, 10:04
i remember that "back then" (tm) you would find guns, spells, armour in hackboxes, which was changed later. just why? farming?

Riddle
26-01-13, 22:48
+1
Finding random hack boxes in thd far flung reaches of NC is great, make them worth looting :)

hatmankh
26-01-13, 22:54
Yes.

Reset time of the boxes can be increased if this would make people farm them too much.