PDA

View Full Version : Mission Revamping

wargolem
22-01-13, 03:45
Well I mean't to combine these ideas with the UI ones, but I went a bit overboard so I decided to make a second thread for missions. As per GM request

Mission Changes
The current mission system is "functional" but only just. It feels clunky and counter intuitive. I'll make a few suggestions to make missions more "balanced" and useful.

Filter system
Allow people to filter the quests they want, catagories for: Research, Construction, Recycling, Delivery and Combat. This would also call for the other random missions to be removed that no one does. It would save time rather than sometimes having to refresh more than 10 times just to get the mission you want.

Combat Mission Revamp
Instead of having missions to 5 "Kill Aggressor Captains" then have to run back to the terminal why dont we revamp missions in a two phased approach.
-First the missions should be changed to kill mobs via Combat rank instead of by type making more mobs/pve areas viable. This makes mob hunting much more viable in outzone and the wastelands.
-Second why don't we change the option of mob to an option of number of kills, so 5 10 20 or 50 kills and make the missions look like:

Very Easy
- (short) Kill 5 TL 0-10 mobs
- (medium) Kill 10 Tl 0-10 mobs
- (long) kill 20 tl 0-10 mobs
- (epic) kill 50 til 0-10 mobs

Easy
- (short) Kill 5 TL 10-20 mobs
- (medium) Kill 10 TL 10-20 mobs
- (long) kill 20 TL 10-20 mobs
- (epic) kill 50 TL 10-20 mobs

Medium
- (short) Kill 5 TL 20-30 mobs
- (medium) Kill 10 TL 20-30 mobs
- (long) kill 20 TL 20-30 mobs
- (epic) kill 50 TL 20-30 mobs

etc and have increasing rewards for each number.

50 kills may seem like a lot, but it allows you to grab a mission from the citycom and then kill things in outzone, industrial sector or the wasteland. This system is also MUCH more newbie friendly.

Once again, go easy on the flame

danmalone
23-01-13, 13:04
Once again, go easy on the flame

No flame from me - Surprised it's not been mentioned before.

Pretty much agree with all of it... I've spend countless hours (added up over time of course) searching for specific missions from the citycom when I could have actually been out leveling.

The recent addition of the citycom in MB bunker was a nice touch btw - Probably the first time anyones actually done launcher cyclops missions in a long long time!

Doc Holliday
23-01-13, 15:03
Careful you are in danger of makin the game too easy and that will displease some people.

No i like the ideas. definitely the system needs a revamp. I would also like to see clan missions implemented. They could be cons missions or kill missions or what ever but it should definitely be made available. this would be another great reason to join a clan.

Ivan Eres
23-01-13, 16:05
Careful you are in danger of makin the game too easy and that will attract more people

I guess that's what you meant Doc :D