PDA

View Full Version : UI Improvements

wargolem
22-01-13, 03:37
I made a pretty long thread a while back which drew the attention of quite a few players and a few mods/gms in short time.

I'd like to take this time while the server is down, to add, change and elaborate on things in that thread, starting with the UI.

The Neocron UI is fairly Functional, although, let's be honest a good/bad UI can make or break a game, and myself, and the others I play with feel that with a few small tweaks the UI could really be a lot better. These are:

Damage
Personal damage
I feel that if the damage that YOU personally did to someone showed in a different colour to everyone else's, it would be useful and you would get an indicator of your efficiency. My suggestion would perhaps be to make the damage you deal Red and the damage everyone else deals Orange.

Mob damage
I also feel that when you receive incoming damage from a mob it should be a different colour, perhaps oranage, and when you receive damage from a player its red. This is a very small step to making taking the LE out more practical and gives you a better understanding of whats going on.

UI
Gr sorting alphabetically
The current system where you are allowed to move things up and down is fine, but it is easy to mess up and means you need to play with it every time you get a new GR. If all GR's were simply sorted alphabetically it would make it a lot quicker, and newbie friendly to navigate the small box we are given.

Font Size
Allow us to change the font size, even if its only a little bit. The current text looks very small on a 1920:1080 screen and I was recently tested to have very good eye sight. just a "small, medium and large" font size would be better, I cannot imagine what its like for people with sight difficulties.

Timestamps
Could chat have a "timestamp" option. It would be great for those times when you go afk for 10 minutes and have a direct message and don't know how long ago it was etc, or if you are scrolling through chat looking at trade adverts.

Go easy on the flame, all suggestions I make are quality of life changes!

wargolem
23-01-13, 16:54
I would also like to steal another suggestion in that some of the windows were more easily resizable, particularly the inventory and trade windows