PDA

View Full Version : Burst Weapons / Monk-Tank WoC

Ryosai Bladewin
21-01-13, 22:45
I noticed how terrible the burst weapons are compared to singleshot weapons. A good example would be the plasma wave vs plasma cannon. The cannons got a higher TL compared to the waves but deal less damage and the accuracy is somewhere between nowhere and oblivion compared to the plasma wave weaponry.

Cannons might have a higher firing rate but that's worth nothing because most of the time only 2-3 shots hit the target due to crappy accuracy.

And this isn't even limited to cannons, while with rifles accuracy isn't much of a problem, the damage is. When i tested the first Plasma rifle (TL 53 was it i believe) with my PE, i emptied 4-5 magazines on a launcher cyclops before it dropped dead, doing 20x4 damage. This goes up even to the rare weaponry. Burst always seem to be on the lower end.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who'd like to see some changes to that.

Another thing is the WoC Weaponry for Tanks.

The Warhammers damage output is inhuman, but the usefulness is quite limited to the extend where nobody even uses it, except for generic suicide assaults aka I-Shoot-my-feet-with-the-rocket-launcher-of-doom. Maybe invent something more useful for the GenTanks as WoC weaponry, an impulse laser cannon perhaps. Wouldn't mind if the Warhammer gets taken out of the game for it, it's mostly used for Sync-Laming anyway.
And Monks got no WoC Spell/s at all.

Hope this gets some attention.

Ryosai

Dropout
21-01-13, 23:22
Some of the best pvp weapons in the game atm is burst weapons (CS, Dissy, AK)..

I definitely agree that the Warhammer is lame though.. One of the most boring kind of "fights" is against zonewhoring WoCeteers.

Only once have I seen the Warhammer being awesome.. And that was in PP1 a long time ago.. A lot of people was fighting downstairs.. Then a Woceteer went Upstairs, shot Down once, and killed like 10 people.. One of the most fun Things Ive seen in NC pvp tbh :p

Netphreak
22-01-13, 14:04
Some of the best pvp weapons in the game atm is burst weapons (CS, Dissy, AK)..

I definitely agree that the Warhammer is lame though.. One of the most boring kind of "fights" is against zonewhoring WoCeteers.

Only once have I seen the Warhammer being awesome.. And that was in PP1 a long time ago.. A lot of people was fighting downstairs.. Then a Woceteer went Upstairs, shot Down once, and killed like 10 people.. One of the most fun Things Ive seen in NC pvp tbh :p

Is the warhammer actually that rediculous? Though it would be funny seeing that happen.

Do burst weapons still get burst bonus damage if all shots of a burst hit?

Dropout
22-01-13, 17:17
Is the warhammer actually that rediculous? Though it would be funny seeing that happen.

Do burst weapons still get burst bonus damage if all shots of a burst hit?

They were all at about half Health when he shot them with it :)

Think it was just a straight boost in damage on burst weapons. Could be wrong though, its been a while since they made the change :p

William Antrim
22-01-13, 20:45
Woc weapons are generally old school weapons from the late 20th Century remember guys, they are not super high tech plasma beams and shit.

If you want a Woc weapon for Tanks it would have to be some form of Gatling cannon (like the WW2 versions or somesuch).

I dunno what monks would get though... a holy heal!

Netphreak
23-01-13, 14:12
Woc weapons are generally old school weapons from the late 20th Century remember guys, they are not super high tech plasma beams and shit.

If you want a Woc weapon for Tanks it would have to be some form of Gatling cannon (like the WW2 versions or somesuch).

I dunno what monks would get though... a holy heal!

APU monks would probably get some kind of 'Nuke' spell that looks like the Ion Nuke drones attack animation.

Or maybe a rare PSI damagd attack spell (are psi damage spells even still in the game?)

As for tanks, the EoF probably should have been a WoC weapon tbh.

Maybe PPU's could get a disguise spell to make them look like another class. Lol

Doc Holliday
23-01-13, 15:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHeCLmV-nPM <--- :D