PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime

Mokoi
21-01-13, 15:13
Due to downtime of critical network infrastructure, some services are currently not available.

Most notably, this affects the login servers for Neocron and the IRC.
We do our best to keep the downtime to a minimum and are working with our datacenter to contain the issue.

Please note that while you can not currently log in to play,
the gameservers and characters are fine and not directly affected by this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience and please stay tuned for updates.

Sincerely,

Neocron Support Team

Dumdies
21-01-13, 15:16
Thanks for letting us know and i think everyone going to be keeping an eye out :D

netster
21-01-13, 15:59
Its not the telco fire? good :D

phunqe
21-01-13, 17:02
http://www.thegreenmachine.eu/images/img_20.jpg

Dumdies
21-01-13, 17:03
Hahaha :D so true!

Brammers
21-01-13, 17:05
@Phunge - I so want to add that barchart to the Stats DB. (http://stats.techhaven.org/en/graphs) :D

nEo-1664
21-01-13, 18:09
@Phunge - I so want to add that barchart to the Stats DB. (http://stats.techhaven.org/en/graphs) :D

Agreed! I second you on that Brammers! :D

netster
21-01-13, 18:37

Oh yes, Phunge speaks just the truth!

Dumdies
21-01-13, 18:40
Dont mean to be bitchin or anything but there has been no update on the fix, it has been several hours anyone tell us whats going on? There are alot of bored people who need there Neocrack fix :D Thanks

Hammer
21-01-13, 18:43
around 5-10 minuts before there was a german twitter. Strato got a Twitter support, which now send a message to the technical support crew (strato) 5 minutes ago.

here the (german) quote:

STRATO hilft ‏@STRATO_hilft
@GM_Zoltan Email ist jetzt angekommen. Ich habe die Kollegen der Technik soeben informiert. Wir melden uns wenn die Rückmeldung vorliegt.^gr

Ryan Steiner
21-01-13, 18:44
Dont mean to be bitchin or anything but there has been no update on the fix, it has been several hours anyone tell us whats going on? There are alot of bored people who need there Neocrack fix :D Thanks

Zoltan is dealing with STRATO AG - the server host via twitter and email:

german tweets:

Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner ‏@GM_Zoltan
@STRATO_hilft Es gibt wieder mal Probleme, hier wurde ein Server abgeschalten und keiner kann mir sagen, weshalb. Auch nicht telefonisch.

STRATO hilft ‏@STRATO_hilft
@GM_Zoltan Bitte betreff. Server und Kd.-Daten an twitter@strato.de. Wir schauen es uns an und melden uns. ^gr

@STRATO_hilft Das wär super, ich forwarde einfach die bisherige Mail.

@GM_Zoltan Wir haben noch keine E-Mail erhalten. Bitte an twitter@strato.de schicken. Dankeschön. ^gr

@STRATO_hilft ist seit 16:12 raus. Spamfilter womöglich? Die DOmain ist frisch umgezogen.
Öffnen

@GM_Zoltan Email ist jetzt angekommen. Ich habe die Kollegen der Technik soeben informiert. Wir melden uns wenn die Rückmeldung vorliegt.^gr
1m Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner ‏@GM_Zoltan

@STRATO_hilft Super, danke ! :)

Dumdies
21-01-13, 18:45
around 5-10 minuts before there was a german twitter. Strato got a Twitter support, which now send a message to the technical support crew (strato) 5 minutes ago.

here the (german) quote:

SO what does these mean now? They still fixing it or? We need compo for the downtime :D

Hammer
21-01-13, 18:46
it means that Strato now beginns to fix, until yet they didnt know the issue i think

Dumdies
21-01-13, 18:48
it means that Strato now beginns to fix, until yet they didnt know the issue i think

Ok sounds good to me :D hope it is fixed soon :P they should do a GM event or something for the downtime, as we have no had one for a long time. Maybe help us out a little with items in game or something as it really hard to farm for some of them.

Hammer
21-01-13, 18:51
Ok sounds good to me :D hope it is fixed soon :P they should do a GM event or something for the downtime, as we have no had one for a long time. Maybe help us out a little with items in game or something as it really hard to farm for some of them.

sure, but my english is not very good, so i hope some gm will translate you this informations soon, so you can understand it better ;)

L0KI
21-01-13, 18:52

We just had a double XP weekend.

Dumdies
21-01-13, 18:53
sure, but my english is not very good, so i hope some gm will translate you this informations soon, so you can understand it better ;)

No worries at all, bing translator did the job for me so thanks again for keeping me up to date :D

Jodo
21-01-13, 18:54
We've just com off the back of a double xp weekend that was taken advantage of by at least 41% population. Considering less than 10% did the work to achieve this, I'd say we're still quids in.
Quit scavving because of some downtime.

Dumdies
21-01-13, 18:54

Yes but my point being it is a new server, things are still hard to farm not that i have a problem farming them. But if some things were easier to get i dont mean right away maybe some time in the future to have a GM event or something to have the Neocron community together doing something to gain something :D at the end of the day we want this community yo last and help each other as much as possible to help the game run smoothly :D

Dropout
21-01-13, 18:55

They totally have to extend the event to the end of this week instead! Because I totally havent been to Work durring all the downtime!! Honest!!...

*crossed fingers*

L0KI
21-01-13, 18:57
They totally have to extend the event to the end of this week instead! Because I totally havent been to Work durring all the downtime!! Honest!!...

*crossed fingers*

I actually haven't taken advantage of it at all. I was making a start on doing this morning, then the server went down during a regeants run :)

I have to admit, I'd like double XP to be left on all the time, but that's just me, and I'm all about endgame.

Dumdies
21-01-13, 18:57

*crossed fingers*

Hehe the only problem was with the double xp, i found from alot of people is everyone leveling in the same area. I dont wanna go to much into detail about this but maybe have something extended into neocron to level somewhere like maybe a new leveling area or something in the future. I dont know what people think about this but many replies i think are going to be mad people saying you cant change neocron it always been like this.

Leonard Crex
21-01-13, 19:05
Don't change Neocron. It's always been like this! Well, it was actually better on Pluto.

L0KI
21-01-13, 19:11
Hehe the only problem was with the double xp, i found from alot of people is everyone leveling in the same area. I dont wanna go to much into detail about this but maybe have something extended into neocron to level somewhere like maybe a new leveling area or something in the future. I dont know what people think about this but many replies i think are going to be mad people saying you cant change neocron it always been like this.

Actually, it hasn't always been like this. Years ago, there were more places to level that were considered viable. Now, there are 2-3 places considered fast XP (Regeants, El Farid and apparently the back of the chaos caves - pet hate), and the rest are left for farming parts, for the most part. You're right though, these places were absolutely rammed this weekend.

I wonder if there are any places up in DoY that are worth levelling in...

Atropos
21-01-13, 19:17

And i am so happy about this, because this way my ppu Spy team had all the warbot fun for ourselves, wich left us with a weekend full of Xp, and the Appartment full of tech-parts ;) !
Yeah!

But now, im getting a strange itchy hot and cold feeling, and i need my next neocrack dose, so hurry up, before i try to find a substitute that doesnt help anyway!

Dumdies
21-01-13, 19:39
And i am so happy about this, because this way my ppu Spy team had all the warbot fun for ourselves, wich left us with a weekend full of Xp, and the Appartment full of tech-parts ;) !
Yeah!

But now, im getting a strange itchy hot and cold feeling, and i need my next neocrack dose, so hurry up, before i try to find a substitute that doesnt help anyway!

Haha well said but yeah got my PE capped in 2 days because of this :D was fun. :P glad everyone enjoyed it :D

Trivaldi
21-01-13, 19:45
We'll provide formal updates as and when we have new information to divulge. For now on behalf of the team, I'd like to express my appreciation of your patience and understanding while we resolve this issue.

You guys are awesome. ;)

ComatoseD
21-01-13, 19:57
You guys are awesome. ;)

No Dude... You guys are the awesome ones.

L0KI
21-01-13, 19:59
No Dude... You guys are the awesome ones.

Get a room you two.

(sorry Triv)

Zoltan
21-01-13, 20:12
I got a good and a bad message for you.

The bad first: I got no repond yet.

The good: We'll extend the double XP time as a compensation. Cool eh? Spread it and get ready!

phunqe
21-01-13, 20:17

The good: We'll extend the double XP time as a compensation. Cool eh? Spread it and get ready!

Thanks for the update Zoltan!

While I assume you for obvious reason don't have the deluxe SLA package it's quite odd they are taking that long (I read the Twitter conversation).
Not the best advertisement for their services ;)

Tobson
21-01-13, 20:18
we'll extend the double xp time as a compensation. Cool eh? Spread it and get ready!

nice!!

L0KI
21-01-13, 20:18

I literally just sent a text message to a clan mate saying how cool it would be if you did that ;)

Dumdies
21-01-13, 20:35
See as i asked for something to be given and now they extending double xp i think it was a great idea asking but all you people trolled me for it :D so thanks to me!

William Antrim
21-01-13, 20:42
Shut up Dumdies. Noone cares. Did you get on the TEST server in the first place to help earn it? No. Kthxbai.

As to the other stuff, yeah I got that text and posted it on our forum.

liekki
21-01-13, 20:42
Thanks for the heads-up!

Also don't mind the extended double XP :)

See y'all when it's fixed.

Atropos
21-01-13, 20:43
See as i asked for something to be given and now they extending double xp i think it was a great idea asking but all you people trolled me for it :D so thanks to me!

Hail to you oh Dumdies!
May your Hair never fall out, and may you live long, prosper and get many little dumdies etc etc, you get the picture i guess!:lol:

Dumdies
21-01-13, 21:04
Shut up Dumdies. Noone cares. Did you get on the TEST server in the first place to help earn it? No. Kthxbai.

As to the other stuff, yeah I got that text and posted it on our forum.

Actually i was on the test server not for long but was still on there so yeah shut it bye scrub. Dont ever speak to me like that again. You cant talk your from Norfolk

Powerpunsh
21-01-13, 21:09
looks like someone messed around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqz876VkwwY). :p

Tinka
21-01-13, 21:26
the first withdrawal symptoms occur. :lol:

danmalone
21-01-13, 21:27

Yes yes yes yes yes! Happy times :D

Dropout
21-01-13, 21:37
I actually haven't taken advantage of it at all. I was making a start on doing this morning, then the server went down during a regeants run :)

I have to admit, I'd like double XP to be left on all the time, but that's just me, and I'm all about endgame.
I have a bit :p
And yeah, Definitely wouldnt mind it being permanent! Leveling is just mind blowing boring..

Bad news is better than no news :)
And while I was only joking in my privious message, about extending the double XP time. It is very much appreciated!

Mr Kot
21-01-13, 21:38
We'll extend the double XP time as a compensation. Cool eh? Spread it and get ready!If no joy by midnight, do we get triple? *cough* :angel:

Bonse06
21-01-13, 21:41
It wouldn't ruin the game making this XP permanent, it's not like leveling in NC is a thrilling experience lol. It's an all-out grind.

In fact, i'd go as far it puts new-comers off, after-all, us old timers are only here for the op fights and plaza 2 skirmishes! lol

William Antrim
21-01-13, 22:05
Actually i was on the test server not for long but was still on there so yeah shut it bye scrub. Dont ever speak to me like that again. You cant talk your from Norfolk

No, it's where I am posted to. As for the rest of your post... I rest my case.

Naim
21-01-13, 22:06
One thing I want to add to this discussion:

Prolonging the Double XP-Event mainly helps all beginners and people who recently came back to NC as those guys have to level a lot.

For trolls und dummies, I am going to repeat that sentence in other words:

Of course, all players benefit from double-xp but fresh players have a bigger benefit as they dont already have a capped char.

Ryosai Bladewin
21-01-13, 22:10
Honestly, P2 can be turned into a safezone if you ask me. so we would have some Op-Fights at least and no OOC flaming all day about what happened in P2.

netster
21-01-13, 22:21
Gah, i need a fresh line of neocrack, where is it >.<

Strife
21-01-13, 22:25
I thought this was pretty funny

"Spread it and get ready!" -Zoltan

Chuck Norris
21-01-13, 22:26

Yay cause i totally missed because of "the RL ISSUE" this weekend!

DigestiveBiscui
21-01-13, 22:32
any update for us on a possible timeframe?

hajoan
21-01-13, 22:37
"When its done"
You already knew it, eh?

They will post it when they know it.

I like that double XP thing :cool:

Arcaine
21-01-13, 22:43
Who killed the serverhamster ? ^^

WooT
21-01-13, 22:44
double xp ftw - more capped runners => more op fights

hajoan
21-01-13, 22:47
I guess the charwoman - she did it again?
Unfortunaly she is not small enaugh for the rat race, sorry.
:D

L0KI
21-01-13, 22:52
double xp ftw - more capped runners => more op fights

This.

I'm still trying to WoC my main and cap my tank :lol:

I don't have the free time I had 10 years ago...

Weazeler
21-01-13, 23:00
Doh need neocrack before work :( oh well hopefully double xp lasts till i get home :)

Dundonian
21-01-13, 23:02
Whole Day no kids and servers offline :( wtb x2 drop rate for rare techs also lol! seriously im gonna freak out if I dont get my Dose of NC tonight lol.

Anymore Updates on a rough time even let us know if it wont be back up tonight please:)

Hammer
21-01-13, 23:04
in german it is late (22:00 PM). And the server provider is also in germany, i didnt think they work at this time at the issus?! ^^ so i have no hope that there will be anything done until tommorrow (german timezone)

Arcaine
21-01-13, 23:06
Well ...

back from a loong (but nice) weekend ....

needing a dose of nc .... or two ...
an then .... THIS ! *yipe*

*gah* don't wanna go to work tomorrow

BloodLetting
21-01-13, 23:08
Whole Day no kids and servers offline :( wtb x2 drop rate for rare techs also lol! seriously im gonna freak out if I dont get my Dose of NC tonight lol.

Anymore Updates on a rough time even let us know if it wont be back up tonight please:)

Same and took some time off work..:confused:

Dropout
21-01-13, 23:09
in german it is late (22:00 PM). And the server provider is also in germany, i didnt think they work at this time at the issus?! ^^ so i have no hope that there will be anything done until tommorrow (german timezone)

I'm starting to get confused about Germany tbh.. How the hell can you make the best cars in the World (BMW and Merc), and have a working moral like that?
Any half-competent hoster in Denmark have people on Watch 24/7..

EDIT:
This is not ment for the NC volunteers ofc, and obviously I have no idea what kind of deal you have with your host-provider.
We also have costumers who are in completely charge of their servers (their servers are in a co-location), and if something goes wrong with those, we only help out for a fee..

DigestiveBiscui
21-01-13, 23:12
We've seen the NC lot work after this time so don't jump ahead until they say it won't be up until tomorrow ;)

kill3r
21-01-13, 23:13
I do not know if strato is a good choice to server has been up to now nothing getahn at and because I think it is now nothing more tuhn shame :( :(

Flashback1111
21-01-13, 23:15
hehe, the guys at Strato usally works 24/7. I got my server by Strato, too.

kill3r
21-01-13, 23:23
you can see so and so

kill3r
21-01-13, 23:25
well tomorrow is also a day where you can searched again :)

mrbrocker
21-01-13, 23:28
.Hope dies last.

Druid311
21-01-13, 23:33
I'm fiending right now. I wanna play. Today is the only time I have! lol :D

Smok3d
22-01-13, 00:08
missed a whole nights worth of necoron :mad: had to resort to playing counter strike

BloodLetting
22-01-13, 00:14
Any new news? Please.

phunqe
22-01-13, 00:14
Zoltan, I made you a visual aid for use in making sure the hosting company understands why it is in their best interest to fix Neocron's server problems.

http://www.thegreenmachine.eu/images/strato.jpg

Druid311
22-01-13, 00:19
zoltan, i made you a visual aid for use in making sure the hosting company understands why it is in their best interest to fix neocron's server problems.

lol best pic ever!

ComatoseD
22-01-13, 00:29
lol best pic ever!

This ^^

DigestiveBiscui
22-01-13, 00:34
would love to have an update before the night is over

damaged
22-01-13, 00:43
*yawn*

gmornin and where is me game?!

cmon strato, thats not how i know you

By-tor
22-01-13, 01:11
Thanks to the staff for working to get things up and running.

Need my fix plx....

Optimus Crime
22-01-13, 01:17
well they will get it working sometime later today (its 00:16) here so its tuesday :P maybe around 14:00CET or so there might be some hope that its fixed...only time will tell us...

Drachenpaladin
22-01-13, 02:08
Really, i'm starting get all edgy... if i can't get on Danaes nerves at least once a day I really start to get nervous... bring back the IRC asap! Oh... and the game servers of course...

gostly
22-01-13, 02:10
I don't know what to do...without neocron it's like I'll have to find something else to do? Guess I'll go see whats up with warz :rolleyes:

The Real Xtro
22-01-13, 02:13
Well lets hope its back tommorow i just find a CS Hull and the server goes down i hope its still there! .

Danae
22-01-13, 02:47
When we have information, we will update immediately, until then we will have to ask that you consider naked ping pong whilst the issue is sorted :P Take this opportunity to add your favourite team members to your twitter feed and check out the latest Neocronicle News stories <3

Hell-demon
22-01-13, 02:53
Guys, we better get to our local methadone clinic to tide us over...

It's gonna be an itchy week

sixcorners
22-01-13, 03:15
I remember there was a .NET http server program a while ago that would help people login. Is there a way to do that now? What does the login server do exactly?

Druid311
22-01-13, 03:26
When we have information, we will update immediately, until then we will have to ask that you consider naked ping pong whilst the issue is sorted :P Take this opportunity to add your favourite team members to your twitter feed and check out the latest Neocronicle News stories <3

Thanks for posting! Did you LOL @ the pic of the warbots surrounding STRATO? :p
Target Acquired.

Watson
22-01-13, 04:05
I remember there was a .NET http server program a while ago that would help people login. Is there a way to do that now? What does the login server do exactly?
I'd advise hanging on for now, and waiting for news :)

Did you LOL @ the pic of the warbots surrounding STRATO? :p

I didn't LOL - my plan was exposed!

(But yes - great pic :D)

Atropos
22-01-13, 07:41
Come on guys, i ve got some of my teeth pulled out, hence im at home having some days off. I really need something to focus on, to ease the pain.
Where are these Strato guys? Maybe we should pay em a visit with a Doombeamer to explain the importance of this matter?

roseyparks
22-01-13, 08:38
Any chance of a update coming soon?

Hammer
22-01-13, 08:43
Any chance of a update coming soon?

in germany its now early morning, so i hope strato will beginn with their work on the server now...lets hope that there will be any update before they go to lunch in around 4 hours ^^

Flashback1111
22-01-13, 09:22
Ohh C'mon just woke up and started my mac in anticipation of a working log-in Server, but i cant believe my eyes: strato didn't make it. Now i have to learn and if strato does not solved this problem until tomorrow, i will get my first good grade this year. That sucks!

Zoltan
22-01-13, 10:47
Okay, PLAN B!

I got the system working on an 'unusual' way (= Scotty would be proud) you are able to login but:

- The player count indicator isn't working correctly
- the public api isn't working
- no account management (creation / modification) is avaiable

Just login and play while we fight against murphy and the dc ;)

netster
22-01-13, 10:56
Lots of love to Zolt!

Tenchiro
22-01-13, 10:58
cool! <3

Coryu
22-01-13, 11:00
nice work zoltan & co.!

but ive 2 questions:
1. is the double xp still active ?
2. is there a chance that there will be a rollback? (i don't hope so, cause i woc'ed my tank xD)

just my 2 cents

Zoltan
22-01-13, 11:12
- Double xp until we've solved the problem but at least until wednesday
- No rollback is planned excepting "the experience of technical difficulties due to circumstances of potentially apocalyptic significance beyond our control." (tm)

danmalone
22-01-13, 11:13
Please note that while you can not currently log in to play,
the gameservers and characters are fine and not directly affected by this issue.

We'll extend the double XP time as a compensation. Cool eh? Spread it and get ready!

Hopefully the above should answer both of your questions :)

I'm hoping that the servers are up tonight - Keep up the good work guys... really liking the way things seem to be going at the moment.

Brammers
22-01-13, 11:39
Nice work Zoltan!

I've managed to fine a way to fiddle the THN's live online server count so that Titan is marked online with 1337 players playing, so at least players know it's working!

phunqe
22-01-13, 11:43
Okay, PLAN B!

I got the system working on an 'unusual' way (= Scotty would be proud) you are able to login but:

- The player count indicator isn't working correctly
- the public api isn't working
- no account management (creation / modification) is avaiable

Just login and play while we fight against murphy and the dc ;)

I am home sick and I'm now so happy that I am almost starting to cry...

Ivan Eres
22-01-13, 11:51
Z is the King Of R0ck And R0ll

nEo-1664
22-01-13, 12:29
Awesome for getting something working!

Not to awesome I can't take advantage of it :( at best, I wont be about until Wednesday to game... and then it might not be double XP any more :( lol

Smok3d
22-01-13, 13:27
sweet, well done Zoltan, shame im now back at work and have around 7 hours to go before i get home to some neocrack :(

Nixon
22-01-13, 21:49
Any ETA on account management fix? My brother wants to join the game :)

Zoltan
22-01-13, 22:03
The systems are fully back. Enjoy!

Nixon
22-01-13, 22:11

Are you absolutely certain? ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1679014/accc.jpg

Dumdies
22-01-13, 23:18
Are you sure now as im having problems logging in again. Same as when the login server went down. Please dont say it is broken again :(

Smok3d
22-01-13, 23:20
ignore me, back on :confused:

Dumdies
22-01-13, 23:22

Good job to those greedy no life sons of a .... that just broke the login server again :D and so much for the hosting company. Which i been told dont have 24/7 support so looks like tomorrow or something now for neocron to be back up. Some of us have to work and dont get much time as it is. Well this has annoyed me yet again and probably alot of other people.

Cannings
22-01-13, 23:32
Seem's they've gone again

GosuSmurf
22-01-13, 23:46
Double XP till thursday! ^^

Massaker
22-01-13, 23:48
Good job to those greedy no life sons of a .... that just broke the login server again :D and so much for the hosting company. Which i been told dont have 24/7 support so looks like tomorrow or something now for neocron to be back up. Some of us have to work and dont get much time as it is. Well this has annoyed me yet again and probably alot of other people.

Do you have the neocron.ini opened?
I had the same problem before 5 minutes. After i closed the neocron.ini I could log in

Cannings
22-01-13, 23:54
Nope

Smok3d
22-01-13, 23:56
someone pull there finger out there ass and sort the server out please?

phunqe
22-01-13, 23:56
Let me re-iterate :p

Weazeler
22-01-13, 23:58
irc down again and looks like server died again?

Tinka
23-01-13, 00:00
and again down, now back the withdrawal symptoms :P

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:02
someone pull there finger out there ass and sort the server out please?

This is really pissing me off now, a server hosting company who cant even keep the login server stable, how much are you paying these people because they sure are shit. So many people want to say this i bet but dont wanna get banned. It really really needs sorting out!

SirFerret
23-01-13, 00:02
*sigh* Well, at least we got to play for a little while today. Maybe Zoltan should revert to "Plan B"?

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:03
*sigh* Well, at least we got to play for a little while today. Maybe Zoltan should revert to "Plan B"?

I think that was "Plan B" now is there gonna be a plan C to this or we all wasting our time with this?

phunqe
23-01-13, 00:04
Deploy ze warbots!

Dundonian
23-01-13, 00:06
hoefully this isnt all night and we get a rough estimate of the downtime

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:07
hoefully this isnt all night and we get a rough estimate of the downtime

Yeah hopefully not but since the hosting company doesnt have 24 hour support it might be all night as it is late now. Just wish it would be fixed once and for all!

William Antrim
23-01-13, 00:09
Or you could stop being ungrateful and stfu.

You're not paying for this Zoltan is. He will decide what to do and how to best deal with the problem. Christ youre even more whiney on here than you are in the damn game.

mrbrocker
23-01-13, 00:10
Yeah hopefully not but since the hosting company doesnt have 24 hour support it might be all night as it is late now. Just wish it would be fixed once and for all!

.hopefully someone can fix your mouth.

this is a free-2-play game, sometimes they need her time

mrblue44
23-01-13, 00:16
and i was having such fun. ah well i trust in the powers that be to get the game working. i think this problem can only be resolved in one way. by The two most powerful warriors patience and time.

phunqe
23-01-13, 00:16
The fingers are being pointed towards the hosting company and not Zoltan (at least as far as I can gather).

Weazeler
23-01-13, 00:19
and i was having such fun. ah well i trust in the powers that be to get the game working. i think this problem can only be resolved in one way. by The two most powerful warriors patience and time.

I know just as i was about to have me guiness!!

Plan B again? maybe

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:20
Lol big talk on the forum again by noobs nobody tells me to shut up, so do your own advise, im sick of your bad mouthing shit talk you fucking bore me to death so please shut it.

Bifrost
23-01-13, 00:26
Ok, we are aware there are problems. There will be an update when we have more information available.

gostly
23-01-13, 00:29
Ok, we are aware there are problems. There will be an update when we have more information available.

Well good to know that you guys are aware. Hopefully it'll be a quick fix and we can all get back in the game.

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:30

Thanks Bifrost sorry for the grief on the forum, but thats what a forum is for to talk about problems and get your point across i dont think many understand the reason for a forum.

WooT
23-01-13, 00:30
will the server be on again tonight or can i go sleep?

im fine with both but tell us how the chances are plz ;)

Arcaine
23-01-13, 00:32
Mhmm this muste be some problem in connection with my cooker ....

everytime i start to prepare some food, the servers are fucked up...

goddamn matrix... it has me >.>

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:35
Mhmm this muste be some problem in connection with my cooker ....

everytime i start to prepare some food, the servers are fucked up...

goddamn matrix... it has me >.>

Haha wow that is scary :P i would get your cooker looked at for admitting radio waves shutting down the server :D

L0KI
23-01-13, 00:38
Do you know what's pissing me off?

It's the fact that most of the people vocally whining about the servers going down most likely don't have a clue how to run a server, let alone an MMORPG. Let alone a ten year old RPG which was developed in the previous millennia.

We all want to play, I'll give you that, but try to show some respect and wish them luck in resolving the problems they're having with the servers they pay for.

Zoltan and co owe you nothing. They aren't taking fat pay cheques out of this. The are doing us all a favour each and every day.

Weazeler
23-01-13, 00:40
well we have irc server back yay!!

so its getting there....hopefully

Dumdies
23-01-13, 00:41
well we have irc server back yay!!

so its getting there....hopefully

How do i get IRC working btw?

Weazeler
23-01-13, 00:42

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146927-IRC-Server-Moved-New-WebIRC-Client

Phiberdelic
23-01-13, 00:45
I agree with LOKI.

Any and EVERY uptime is appreciated; beats the alternative. Its annoying nto being able to play but thats cuz NC is addictive and I hate RL. But to completely bash and cuss out volunteers and/or the service they provide or choose as hosting companies it just downright immature and pety.

mrblue44
23-01-13, 00:52
How do i access IRC when i enter it says disconnected by server then nothing?

Bifrost
23-01-13, 01:12
Sorry about the glitch. Servers are back up. IRC should be available as well.

Netphreak
23-01-13, 01:18

As always thanks for the update and hard work guy/s.

Ivan Eres
23-01-13, 01:19

So cool! Thank you guys. You all r0ck!

Hitman Mal
23-01-13, 01:19

just attempted login, says servers are offline

Ivan Eres
23-01-13, 01:20

8% on Titan already...

Try again.

Hitman Mal
23-01-13, 01:20
S

sorry, i tried it to early, im in! thanks alot guys good job!

dalkorn
23-01-13, 01:28
I still can't activate my account (I registered just before the server went down yesterday :( ) and I know I only have 48 hours to complete the registration. I have tried clearing my cache incase that was the problem but still being redirected to the 'not available' page. I know the devs have been busy with the main game but any idea on when that part will be back up, or if my 48 hours are up can I re-register with the same email when it is up and running.
Thanks for any info :)

Mokoi
23-01-13, 02:01
The expiration time for all registrations currently pending has been extended by 96 hours.
In the unlikely case that your registration should already have expired, you will simply have to revisit step #1 of the registration process.

Please note that account management is not available again yet.
It will return as soon as possible, current ETA: when it's done™

Sorry for the inconvenience.

dalkorn
23-01-13, 02:11
No problem, thanks for the update and the extension. Good luck on getting the gremlins out of the system :)

William Antrim
23-01-13, 09:00
Thanks for the pm dumdies. Bulletin board material that is. :)

Doc Holliday
23-01-13, 09:34
LOL! thank you to all the volunteers for getting the game sorted. you gave me sme time to do my uni work with the downtime too ;)

nEo-1664
23-01-13, 11:36

Or if you use an IRC client like mIRC, then follow this guide: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?145799-How-to-connect-to-Neocron-IRC

Zoltan
23-01-13, 15:35
Policy problem solved @ http://irc.neocron-game.com/

You can use the WebIRC again ;)