PDA

View Full Version : [INTENDED][R#178] Mission Generator Woes

Dope
21-01-13, 01:43
Are the arrays that the mission generator draws from complete? It seems like I can never get missions (any difficulty) to kill the mutants that spawn in my vicinity. I will go scout a location to find, for example, that Maze is populated by Mutant Soldiers and Gunmen, but there will not be missions generated for those targets in any category. This is true of plant missions as well, I will scout a sewer, find it to be full of Toxic or Cankerous plants, but get missions for Poisonous plants that spawn so infrequently that the mission times out well before I can find enough of them.

Is the fix for this as simple as updating the arrays with mobs that have been added since the original build? Maybe also some tweak to which missions are offered based on player rank?

Torg
21-01-13, 07:27
going for mutants is viable in pepper park or some uptown basements, while hunting for plants, even in sewer 1B is in fact tiresome. of course there are mutant/plant quickmissions available under "easy" or "normal", but i don't recommend relying too much on that. you may be having more fun going from small rats to cyclops as fast as possible, with doing mutants and aggies just as long as needed.

Izeo
21-01-13, 09:45
Available missions seem to be hard-coded whichcan be a bummer. So, for example, even though a few types of spiders spawn in the sewers, you might only find "small spider" missions and not "poisonous fierce spider" ones. I made a mission suggestion thread which would basically fix that problem too if implemented, its aroundnd here somewhere