PDA

View Full Version : Factions, Apartments, Bargaining and moneysinks

Kragar
16-01-13, 17:45
Have a revamp idea that would concern a few current issues in the game. They are hard to separate since they have cross effects.

Currently its very easy to get to 100 faction rank and also get all the benefits from it and as I hate nerfing and making it harder for newer players I would suggest the following system ( or something like it )

A new character starts with 50 faction in his chosen faction. He also starts with a total dump of an apartment which is is a free apartment with 1 locker and max 1 extra locker. Lets call this stage 1 apartment

After achieving 90 in his faction he can start doing advanced faction missions, get access to faction equipment shop ( FSM ) and can start doing the current faction "epic" mission. At this point would also be eligible to get stage 2 apartments.

Basically at this point the character have shown loyalty to his chosen faction and can start doing advancement missions. These missions should be much harder or take much longer to do, could also be multi stage missions and could include getting dirt via hacknet on your superiors to climb the corporate ladder or just missions to frame others to raise your position inside the faction ( now talking about NPCs tho, not other runners :)

The higher stage ( maybe 5 stages to the highest rank within faction ) the higher right the runner would have to better apartments, better vehicles and such. Also these new stages would be required to have to get access to the faction mainframe blueprints. Also these stages could have access to some truely epic like items compared to the current "epics" which some of are nearly worthless. Also the higher stage in faction rank the bigger stock portfolio you could own ( lesser
limits ect. )

If you change faction you would loose all extra ranks and faction would drop down to 50

Bargain Skill.

Remove it and replace it with Scavenging skill. This skill would affect the amount of cash gotten from killed monsters AND raise chance of getting rare materials like tech parts and carcasses from mobs. Some items price could be affected by your faction rank, like the bigger boss you are the better price you get but wouldn't be affected by a skill that currently unbalances the game.

Apartments. Ive heard ideas of rent and stuff but in what mmo are you paying ingame currency to play? or store your gear? Instead keep current prices but first one need to have high enough faction rank to get better apartments and then the current prices would be down payment for the apartment. Different payment plans should be offered with reasonable interest rates but when its paid its yours, no rent.

So to truely get those huge Viarosso / Plaza apartments you really would need to have influence in your faction ( and not some faction ranks that have been farmed by killing rats in the sewers )

Vehicles. Non combat vehicles should need no special skill to drive. Different prices for non combat vehicles could be

- Single use ( when its destroyed by damage its gone but it can be repaired as long as there is some health in it )
- Upgraded version x 3 original price ( when destroyed cannot be respawned in 48 real time hours )
- High grade version x 5 original price ( Respawn 12 hours )
- Top grade version x 8 original price ( Respawn as soon as you get to the garage )

All would ofc be offered with nice payment options with a nominal interest rate but total price would be much higher than the current purchase price.

Combat vehicles. No need for special skill to drive but to use weapons a game balanced amount would be required. Not really sure how to put prices on them and how respawn would be but idea similar to civilian vehicles. I basically never see vehicles and I rather run by foot than loose a vehicle every time i zone ( still get 90% of the time syncronizing each time I zone )

Those are a few ideas I have, still have lots more to come.