PDA

View Full Version : Blueprint window changes

Jodo
16-01-13, 15:18
This has to have been mentioned before, but could we have the TL of the item to be built in the BP info please? It's so frustrating if you forget it.
Also perhaps an image of the original product, it is a Blueprint after all.

Surfer
16-01-13, 16:26
That would be a good change, at least the tech level would be nice, previously i was under the impression that the BP got its tech level from the item beeing built, but that might not be so.

Another change i would really like (while on the subject on BPs) is a letter or something on the BP icon that gives a hint of what it is.
Like weapons have a color for those BPs, and then add HW for heavy weapon as an example and perhaps tech level on the BP icon.
Ex: If green is the color for weapons, a text of D 61 on the icon would tell me its a drone and it has TL 61.

/S

Jodo
16-01-13, 18:11
Yeah that could work too. I would like to utilise the window itself though.

William Antrim
16-01-13, 18:41
I truthfully LOVE Jodos idea but I think what Surfer said does make sense as well. A nice graphic on the information screen and then also a little hint when you open your BP cabinet and so you can at least have a guess at what the BP contains.

Torg
17-01-13, 00:57
uhm. no. BPs always show a name, and any constructor worth their money knows the TL. or at least where to check on thn. not sure if you see my point but i like games giving you a reason to learn how to play. and a lore of its own.

William Antrim
17-01-13, 01:11
uhm. no. BPs always show a name, and any constructor worth their money knows the TL. or at least where to check on thn. not sure if you see my point but i like games giving you a reason to learn how to play. and a lore of its own.

Seriously..... words fail me.

Sorin
17-01-13, 01:32
I don't understand how there can possibly be an opposition to this. It's a techincal document, it's a blueprint...these are technical documents that contain detailed plans and information for how something is suppose to be made - it should have the TL of the produced item on it, along with a picture and its weight too. These are what blueprints are for. It's not like it's a bonus feature or easter egg or like we're asking for the cubes to be sellable for 5000nc or something.

Disturbed21
17-01-13, 02:06
Adding more info to BP's makes sense to me...why would you force people to go to an outside source (THN) for this info if you could easily add it to the game instead?

Dropout
17-01-13, 02:21
Torg is as usual just against all kinds of changes..

Vorak
17-01-13, 04:23
Do lke for weapon-/armorparts with W/R# in the top corner with the weapon type (M/P/R/H followed by T for High Tech) in the top corner followed by the TL, then the first letter of the last two words of the weapon at the lower right, vertically maybe.

Doc Holliday
17-01-13, 07:15
Seriously..... words fail me.

ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (words also fail me)

<3 surfers idea. no reason not to input something similar. at a glance. people like convenience.

Poesenmeter
17-01-13, 09:15
I think NC has other problems than pics on a BP......

Kragar
17-01-13, 09:40
I think NC has other problems than pics on a BP......

Sure has, tho this is Brainport section and the Devs decide in what Priority everything is made and fixed.

BPs are not the only items that lack description but the suggestions here for BPs sound good.

Poesenmeter
17-01-13, 09:44
maybe yes but there are also bigger probs .....e.g. the position bugs in pvp.....weapon balancing.....i hope they fix it fast and then they can speak about "little" things....

Doc Holliday
17-01-13, 12:12
no one said this thread must be top priority and implemented right now. it was opened for discussion. i agree with what sorin said and what surfer said. both are great ideas. filing system with bps become easier to look after and people can maintain databases of blueprints if they so wish. Im sure logan ford industries would have benefited very well from this.

Its a cosmetic touch that has been opened for discussion after a very good idea was had and ran with. this discussion is a brainstorm session and as usual meets opposition in different forms. Dont assume that it will be in the next patch notes though just because its on here.

Stone cold didnt say so :)

Ivan Eres
17-01-13, 13:25
The above suggestion for different BP colors for item categories would be a nice start someday in the future. Makes sorting the cabinets much easier. Maybe the effort for its implementation is reasonable.

William Antrim
17-01-13, 13:49
So because there are more important issues should we just stop posting new ideas then? The only opposition I see to this thread seems to be stuff like that. I agree with Jodo. This is a functional upgrade just like when they changed the colour of blueprints. It's simple effective and it works. Honestly common sense dictates the strength of this suggestion. The negative posts are probably just trolling tbh.

Poesenmeter
17-01-13, 13:54
Yeah heavy trolling lol

Trivaldi
17-01-13, 15:05
maybe yes but there are also bigger probs .....e.g. the position bugs in pvp.....weapon balancing.....i hope they fix it fast and then they can speak about "little" things....
Trolling or not there's a point to be made here. Ideas should not be shot down because there are "bigger fish to fry". All ideas should be judged and discussed on their own merit. Yes some things have priority, yes some things are more serious than others but ultimately we have a very varied skill set within the team. Each member of the team can and cannot deal with certain items on our list.

nabbl
17-01-13, 15:20
Thx Triv!

I can only support that. Such a feature would need like a maximum of 1hour programming. And it would make constructing and ressing a lot more comfortable.

Jodo
17-01-13, 16:31
I'm pleased with the way this thread is progressed. Some excellent suggestions have been put forward and they all seem doable to me.
Those who don't like my original idea or those mentioned afterwards, please put forward valid arguments so we can hone or dismiss it.

William Antrim
17-01-13, 18:24
I think its a no brainer to be honest.

Jodo
17-01-13, 18:54
That has always been my thought but here we are (after how many years) needing to suggest it.
Way back in NC1 I thought the first three items I had my friend build were tl 30. :p

Torg
17-01-13, 20:15
Torg is as usual just against all kinds of changes..don't get me wrong. i'm all for making the game more exciting. but more self-explaining? where's the gain in making game knowledge less valuable? if you know how to use your weapon, moves and defences, you will win on the battlefield. if you know how to use your tools and resources, you will win on the marketplace.
you may have a different opinion on this, of course.

Jodo
17-01-13, 22:17
don't get me wrong. i'm all for making the game more exciting. but more self-explaining? where's the gain in making game knowledge less valuable? if you know how to use your weapon, moves and defences, you will win on the battlefield. if you know how to use your tools and resources, you will win on the marketplace.
you may have a different opinion on this, of course.

It's a blueprint, a schematic. It should have every last detail about the item. It is the whole reason for its existence. Surely you see this?

Ivan Eres
17-01-13, 23:01
It's a blueprint, a schematic. It should have every last detail about the item. It is the whole reason for its existence. Surely you see this?

There is no real reason to make the game artificially more difficult for new players too imo.

William Antrim
17-01-13, 23:15
One of NC's oldest problems is its learning curve. This idea spits in the face of that difficulty in terms of making a new char and having FUN tradeskilling. It would help people to manage inventories of BPs and cabinets and you never know, we might actually see more shops and things being set up from people's apartments because they can manage their BP libraries all the more.

Torg
17-01-13, 23:16
It's a blueprint, a schematic. It should have every last detail about the item. It is the whole reason for its existence. Surely you see this?of course i do see your point and understand your reasons. i just do not agree, as written above.

Jodo
18-01-13, 03:18
Fair enough, each to their own.

[edit - M]