PDA

View Full Version : Dre fsm

Sorin
15-01-13, 11:51
So I've got a DRE character with some barter and access to the FSM. I've tried to help several people buy apartments, but they get turned off when they learn that all of the location specific plaza apartments are unfurnished. As it stands, here is the DRE FSM's inventory.

Plaza Random Location Levels 1, 2, 3 Unfurnished
Plaza Specific Locations Levels 2, 3 Unfurnished

ViaRosso Specific Locations Levels 2, 3 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Specific Locations Levels 2, 3 Furnished

As you can see, this list is incomplete. What is missing is levels 1 through 3 random location furnished plaza apartments, and level 1 plaza apartments with specific locations that are unfurnished, and levels 1 through 3 location specific plaza apartments that are furnished. Also, all level 1 ViaRosso apartments are missing, regardless of random or specific location and regardless of furnished or not. Otherwise VR is pretty complete.

To sum it up in simple terms - location specific plaza apartments are only available unfurnished, and people really do want these furnished! Lots of requests for Plaza - Mainstreet - Furnished apartments...but you can't get it.

As the one company responsible for all real estate in both Plaza and ViaRosso, they should be able to offer everything. Especially to someone with the loyalty required to get FSM access.

To be complete, the following should be added:

Plaza Random Location Levels 1, 2, 3 Furnished
Plaza Specific Locations Levels 1, 2, 3 Furnished

ViaRosso Specific Locations Levels 1 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Specific Locations Levels 1 Furnished
ViaRosso Random Location Levels 1, 2, 3 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Random Location Levels 1, 2, 3 Furnished

So that the complete list looks like this:

Plaza Random Location Level 1 Furnished
Plaza Random Location Level 2 Furnished
Plaza Random Location Level 3 Furnished

Plaza Random Location Level 1 Unfurnished
Plaza Random Location Level 2 Unfurnished
Plaza Random Location Level 3 Unfurnished

Plaza Specific Location Level 1 Furnished
Plaza Specific Location Level 2 Furnished
Plaza Specific Location Level 3 Furnished

Plaza Specific Location Level 1 Unfurnished
Plaza Specific Location Level 2 Unfurnished
Plaza Specific Location Level 3 Unfurnished

ViaRosso Random Location Level 1 Furnished
ViaRosso Random Location Level 2 Furnished
ViaRosso Random Location Level 3 Furnished

ViaRosso Random Location Level 1 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Random Location Level 2 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Random Location Level 3 Unfurnished

ViaRosso Specific Location Level 1 Furnished
ViaRosso Specific Location Level 2 Furnished
ViaRosso Specific Location Level 3 Furnished

ViaRosso Specific Location Level 1 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Specific Location Level 2 Unfurnished
ViaRosso Specific Location Level 3 Unfurnished

I'm sure you can add story reasons why the list is not complete, but, let's be reasonable....I don't think there really is a good reason. :p I could throw location specific clan apartments both furnished and unfurnished in there....but I think that may be overboard. ;)

Ivan Eres
15-01-13, 15:55
Wow, cool stuff. Good work!

All kinds of appas should be buyable. This makes more trading possible.

Bruder Malmsdoo
15-01-13, 19:14
signed

William Antrim
15-01-13, 20:07
I am going to say no to having furnished apartments as selectable from the FSM.

Purely based on the fact that apartments were added unfurnished as a great big money sink. There is naff all else in NC to spend your money on (apart from Drugs for PVP) so the sense of achievement you get from buying a swanky apartment and then customising it yourself is brilliant.

If the noobs want a furnished apt in P1 then let them go to the Real Estate Broker in P1 and pay their money and take their chances.

Bruder Malmsdoo
16-01-13, 00:10
The problem is, that the unfurnished appas don't have those cool propaganda screens and you cannot buy them.

Sorin
16-01-13, 01:41
I am going to say no to having furnished apartments as selectable from the FSM.

Purely based on the fact that apartments were added unfurnished as a great big money sink. There is naff all else in NC to spend your money on (apart from Drugs for PVP) so the sense of achievement you get from buying a swanky apartment and then customising it yourself is brilliant.

If the noobs want a furnished apt in P1 then let them go to the Real Estate Broker in P1 and pay their money and take their chances.

I remember that, but it's not a very effective money sink considering that it's optional. A good money sink is something that's not optional or is hard to avoid. Tradeskill substance, ammo, needing to rebuild store bought weapons, those are good money sinks. They're either hard to avoid or impossible under reasonable circumstances. I can't really avoid tradeskill substance. I can't really avoid rebuilding store bought weapons in order to be effective at pve. I'm stuck spending large amounts of money over time to do those things.

Unfurnished apartments? I've had one, but it didnt thrill me that much. One, I'm lazy and two, it cost too much. But that's the point....it was supposed to take my money, and a lot of it too. But considering how I feel about it, and that it's optional, I didn't spend the money. Money sink objective failed. And too many people feel the same way. As a money sink, it doesn't work very well. I guess the only ones who will know the full story are the dev team.

I can't stand the concept of money sinks in games, and 99% of them fail anyway...game economies always go to hell, it's inevitable. But that said, if they want a big money sink, something like unfurnished apartments, optional and not very compelling as they are, are not the way to do it.