PDA

View Full Version : Implant fix for Marine, MOVEON and a few others

[F6]Knight
14-01-13, 22:44
Hey all,

After checking 2 pages of the brainport, I noticed that there are some threads complaining about how bad the Marine and MOVEON are, but nobody is making a proper suggestion on how to fix them. It's usually "they sux, devs do something".

So, I decided to actually make a useful suggestion regarding these imps as well as a few others (current and new)

***Marine CPU***
Split this one up in 2 new implants. Just like was done for several other rare and MC5 implants.

Marine CPU:
between 3.85 and 3.97 STR (to be in line with the other rare imps)
+15.xx H-C
+15.xx T-C

Brawler CPU:
between 3.85 and 3.97 STR (to be in line with the other rare imps)
+15.xx M-C
+15.xx T-C

All current Marine CPU's stay Marines but can be exchanged at an NPC for a Brawler CPU.
Brawler CPU rare parts have to be added to the drop tables of mobs.

***BioTech M.O.V.E.O.N. CPU***
I find it hard to come up with ideas that don't make this a "must have" implant again like it was in the old days.
It should be a useful implant but not mandatory for every tank out there.
So here is a random suggestion. If you don't like it, don't flame me but try to come up with a better idea instead.

+2 STR
+2 CON
+8 TRA
+12 HLT
+10 H-C
+10 M-C
+10 T-C

***Area MC5 Dimension Splitter***
Split this one up in 2 new implants. Just like was done for several other rare and MC5 implants.
I don't know if it's intentional, but this implant actually gives more secondary stat bonusses than the other MC5 implants.
I have adjusted this as well in my suggestion below to bring it in line with the other implants.

Area MC5 Dimension Splitter:
+5.23 PSI
+10.46 PSU (10.46 lower than before to be in line with other MC5 implants)
+10.46 FCS (10.46 lower than on current implant)
+10.46 PPW
+10.46 APU (new, taken from FCS)

Area MC5 Dimension Mender:
+5.23 PSI
+10.46 PSU (10.46 lower than before to be in line with other MC5 implants)
+10.46 FCS (10.46 lower than on current implant)
+10.46 PPW
+10.46 PPU (new, taken from FCS)

All current Dimension Splitters stay as Dimension Splitters but they can be exchanged at an NPC for a Dimension Mender.
Dimension Mender rare parts have to be added to the drop table of the base commander.

***Hacknet Implants***
I never had a hacknet spy myself, but I figured that they could use a little bit of love, at least implant wise.

Hacknet CPU 1.1:
TL and INT requirement around 10-15
+1 INT
+3.75 HCK
+1.25 T-C
Sold at Cryton's

Hacknet CPU 1.2:
TL and INT requirement around 30-40
+1.xx INT (possibly close to 2)
+10 HCK
+5 T-C
Sold at Point Red

Hacknet CPU 1.3:
TL and INT requirement around 60-75
+2xx INT (possibly close to 3)
+15 HCK
+8 T-C
Sold by the BioTech Faction Supply Manager.

Special Binary CPU:
TL and INT requirement around 80-85, in line with other rare imps.
between 3.85 and 3.97 INT (to be in line with the other rare imps)
+15.xx HCK
+15.xx T-C
Special Binary CPU rare parts have to be added to the drop tables of mobs.

Area MC5 Hacknet Uplink:
+5.23 INT
+20.92 HCK
+20.92 T-C
Hacknet Uplink rare parts have to be added to the drop table of the base commander.

I hope this can be of some use to sort out the crazy state some implants are in now.

William Antrim
15-01-13, 01:44
Reset moveon to old stats - change marine to mirror SF. Everyone wins.

Dropout
15-01-13, 02:39
Reset moveon to old stats - change marine to mirror SF. Everyone wins.

They should add Dex to long distance / close combat CPU's aswell then, to match the Soldier/Beserker imps IMO.
Would definitely make life easier for PE's :p

Chuck Norris
15-01-13, 04:03
IIRC armor and imps do not work in hacknet; its been a while since ive been inside, correct me if im wrong.

out of concerns for balance we'd need to see Move on Req's raised or a few of those stats devalued/normalized

[F6]Knight
17-01-13, 19:31
Now that you mention it, I think you might be right about imps not working in hacknet Chuck.

As for the other imps, the stats are just a ballpark suggestion to give the devs a semi useful base to get started (if they decide to use this idea)

Chuck Norris
17-01-13, 23:03
I really like your ideas; especially about the DS. I apologize if I cam off harsh, I agree with pretty much everything you posted honestly!

William Antrim
17-01-13, 23:13
No imps or armour work in HN.

stebedford
21-01-13, 23:46
They should add Dex to long distance / close combat CPU's aswell then, to match the Soldier/Beserker imps IMO.

I completely agree about them having dex, didn't they used to have dex in the past? or atleast the experimental ballistics chip did

Model192
25-01-13, 07:01
What was the reason for putting lower implants to the low, worthless things they are now?

Implants need to be reverted back, honestly. That would fix a LOT of problems with PVP and balance.

gostly
29-01-13, 01:40
Everything in this thread +1

PLEASE DEVS...fix the implants that are completely worthless (esp. marines cpu, I don't even know what someone was thinking when they did that)

Mokoi
29-01-13, 03:44
Implant stats are very much part of the overall balancing and it is unlikely that there will be any such changes until the roadmap and goals for the balancing effort have been put out in the open. Looking at how much is wrong with the current state of the game balance, blindly tweaking individual item stats is not going to cut it.

We've said this before and I guess we'll hear it again: The topic of balancing ranks extremely high on our list of priorities, but it is no small task and the team would rather do it right than do it fast.

gostly
29-01-13, 04:19
Implant stats are very much part of the overall balancing and it is unlikely that there will be any such changes until the roadmap and goals for the balancing effort have been put out in the open. Looking at how much is wrong with the current state of the game balance, blindly tweaking individual item stats is not going to cut it.

We've said this before and I guess we'll hear it again: The topic of balancing ranks extremely high on our list of priorities, but it is no small task and the team would rather do it right than do it fast.

I guess but I guarantee that no player is using the marines cpu...it gives half the main stat(STR in this case) of any other rare implant (MC5 aside) and doesn't offer any combat bonus, how much time would it take to fix that?(My guess is very little time) I know it'd make those of us who play tanks happy...

But, focus on what you guys have on your priority list first and do whatever it takes to bring balance back to the game...