PDA

View Full Version : [HN] New Layout

murdog
14-01-13, 18:38
I made a quick Map how the HN could be changed to reflect new Faction relationships.
I'm still unsure if the HN should reflect the distances or not.

First a Map of how it is currently, found it at http://mib.r-appert.ch
http://mib.r-appert.ch/hacken/hn_diagramm.jpg

Based on this Map i made my Map
http://imageshack.us/a/img502/8053/newhnmap.jpg

All Factions, even City Mercs should connected to CityNet.
The red line means this should be a secured connection with a firewall. Enemy factions should be attacked, friendly factions should be attacked if there symp is to low, own faction should be attacked when weapon is drawn.
The Mobs in there shouldn't be to high, 20ish or 30ish would be ok i think.
From the CityNet you also go to the outer network where you can reach the Outposts, TH Bridge etc.
Also i think there should be some kind of a Bar or other hangout IN the HN which could be placed in the outer net but im sure this requires more work, so maybe later =)

So how do you think about it ?
Whats your opinion about distances reflected in HN ?

murdog

William Antrim
14-01-13, 20:06
I am a fan of having TH and TG having their factions going home. I think HN should reflect this also. However I would like to see some GR type features inside hacknet. I do not believe that a clan wanting to own Yutano Mine should have to walk through umpteen zones to get there to tag the op.

I would much rather see HN mirror the "real" world geographically a little more with the option to jump from just outside your own faction DNS - in this case CityNet for a hefty hack/amount of money. So pure hackers could smash through the hack and warp across HN to their chosen destination and non-pure hackers could suck it up and pay the money.

I do like your idea that aside though.

murdog
15-01-13, 11:19
I would much rather see HN mirror the "real" world geographically a little more with the option to jump from just outside your own faction DNS - in this case CityNet for a hefty hack/amount of money. So pure hackers could smash through the hack and warp across HN to their chosen destination and non-pure hackers could suck it up and pay the money.

I realy like this idea but dont know if its possible with the current engine

William Antrim
15-01-13, 19:59
They can put a gr into hacknet to gr into another hacknet zone surely?

Bruder Malmsdoo
16-01-13, 00:17
I am a fan of having TH and TG having their factions going home. I think HN should reflect this also.
Agreed. FA-runners should spawn in the TH bridelink for example, which should also offer access to the fa-hq.
One important thing in my opinion: The travel distances are much too far atm. They dont reflect the speed of digital communication. Traveling in the hn should be much faster than in the "real world". Size-down the maps or enhance running speed (could be fun, but you have to fix the issue of falling off the data stream first)

William Antrim
16-01-13, 01:24
Agreed. FA-runners should spawn in the TH bridelink for example, which should also offer access to the fa-hq.

Then they need to move the Phoenix. No point having one faction able to camp it. It is not fair on the others. Otherwise yeah it fits.

Kragar
16-01-13, 16:27
I must say that Genreps would be welcomed and I would also like to see some
mission terminals that gives missions, even kill missions inside the net.

Overall I would rather see Hacknet zones with content instead of rigid traveling
paths like its now.

To block access there would be defense programs and locked gateways that would
have to be hacked to pass through.

Have lots of ideas on how I'd like to see the future Hacknet.

murdog
17-01-13, 18:38
I made a new map based on some of your Ideas.
I tried to make only changes and not to introduce new things (except Bar). I think its easier for the Devs to just move around Zones than add new stuff currently.

Green Line = Firewall with mobs Pro NC
Red Line = Firewall Anti NC
Orange Line = Firewall Anti CM
Pink Line = Logout at OP (with or w/o SI?)

Triangle = some kind of hackable door, hack requirement should be discussed
Circle = some kind of GR which brings you only to the OPs which are connected to the Uplink

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5729/hn2e.jpg

i have forgotten to mark the Spawnpoint in the map, Spawnpoint should be in the rectangle where the DBs and the Bar are connected.