PDA

View Full Version : Make StockX run 24/7

CMaster
14-01-13, 13:40
So, right now lots of people think StockX doesn't work because it is shut most of the time.

What does having it closed over the (gametime) night actually add? Nothing as far as I can tell, it's just that way because real stock exchanges close at night. So how about we make it just open and available all the time?

William Antrim
14-01-13, 15:09
Do people use it? I never have.

Trivaldi
14-01-13, 15:14
So, right now lots of people think StockX doesn't work because it is shut most of the time.
Stock X isn't actually configured at all (and is therefore closed entirely) on Titan at the moment.

CMaster
14-01-13, 15:18
Do people use it? I never have.

I've traded a little in the past, although not a lot, and frustrated often when I wanted to by the opening times. Certainly, I saw other people making transactions on there at various points. Not about to claim it was a popular feature though - but that's partly because of the popular idea that it didn't work, caused by the weird opening-time rules.

Stock X isn't actually configured at all (and is therefore closed entirely) on Titan at the moment.

Not had enough money on Titan to try, so didn't realize that.

William Antrim
14-01-13, 15:44
Honestly I would be interested to read a tutorial on how you did this and how to make money with StockX (should it be enabled in the future). It is a feature that I have never ever played around with in NC.

lawless
14-01-13, 15:58
When the stockmarket worked (i think that was 4 years ago), people tended to invest a sh*tload of money on a very low course. The StockX then pushed within 2 to 3 hours, so they invested like 10 million credits and got 50 million back. It was easy to manipulate, therefore (and for some bugs which were used back then) the StockX market was shut down, until a proper fix (which did not happen).

It was a nice idea to have such a thing in this game, though the only ones that get rich are the ones that already are. I invested around 20k back then and got 30k out when other players also invested in the same stock, although this was just luck.

Maybe take it out entirely (as most of the citycom features that are unused / inactive) until it is properly working.

Kragar
16-01-13, 18:20
Used this on Terra a few years ago and I believe the limit is 500 units / cycle or session, either buy or sell. This is very little and in the beginning I used it to raise cash for my newly started characters. Eventually tho its much faster to get cash by just killing mobs than to wait for the Stock to open. It would be fun to have it working in some extent as its much part of the genre but how to make it safe for exploitation but still keep it worth using might be hard to do.

Doc Holliday
16-01-13, 23:27
I would turn it in to a banking system of some kind. since the zoo took over nc doesnt have a major bank. This would be good. 20m is the limit for runners. Yes you can use a clan bank but that means making a one man clan potentially if you want to restrict access to your ill gotten gains.

Just a thought. It gives everyone in the game a chance to deposit funds if they want to. could also have an account set up per runner and, if possible, an account access list (im thinking so other chars can access the account.) it would help with cash transfers from character to character if people want to do that. that is of course if its possible.