PDA

View Full Version : [T#178/9] Testserver Patch Discussion

Alduin
10-01-13, 17:01
Cheers everyone,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147029-T-178-179-PTS-Patch-Notes).

Slauncha,
Alduin

gstyle40
10-01-13, 17:34
been lookin for this, thanx :D been goofing around mc5 and settin up chars and didnt know what to really test. now im sorted, thanx :D

Apshai
10-01-13, 17:55
what about HN CR ?

edit: just checked and i still have CR 98 using the tl70 software :(

William Antrim
10-01-13, 21:40
Why did Snack Attack close!!!

Powerpunsh
10-01-13, 23:03
Yes thats a good question. Why did Snack attack close? Arent there enough people live in the bum asylum? (hope you added one) :)

Deus Ex Machina
11-01-13, 00:18
Why did Snack Attack close!!!
It seems to make room for a YOs Pawn Shop, so that junk can be sold there.
Might be a step so you can actually "live" in PP.

Haggis.at
11-01-13, 00:32
Buggy as hell - created char, bought stuff in Neoconstruct, Items didn't match their icons - beamed to appartment, put stuff into gogu, wanted to put my car key in the app closet, oops - now it was a spell... Same with all other items. Stacked Items (Ultimas etc.) were not changed, they stayed what they are. Hope that helps

Deus Ex Machina
11-01-13, 02:08
So feedback to the testing today:
I am not aware of the positioning bugs before, but what I noticed were the following things:
- People standing above the outpost walls and not moving from there
- People running in front of me (cause I chase them) and then suddenly they are gone (sometimes i couldn't find out were they were, sometimes they were farther away,...) - I am not talking about spies btw.
- People "shifting" falling back and forth, going back and forth in fast succession. Happened when they stood on the roof of the outpost (on the blocks there, were you can also stand below (between some blocks)). Also happened when i saw someone running into the underground.

William Antrim
11-01-13, 02:53
It seems to make room for a YOs Pawn Shop, so that junk can be sold there.
Might be a step so you can actually "live" in PP.

Awesome.

Dropout
11-01-13, 10:46
Do not take this the wrong way.. I got all the respect in the World for the Work you Guys do.

But I am now gonna be "that guy".. Any idea when the balancing is going to start?
As in; A month? A year? Two years?
Nothing precise, I just want an idea of when it might happen :)

Mokoi
11-01-13, 14:26
Do not take this the wrong way.. I got all the respect in the World for the Work you Guys do.

But I am now gonna be "that guy".. Any idea when the balancing is going to start?
As in; A month? A year? Two years?
Nothing precise, I just want an idea of when it might happen :)

As soon as possible. Some preparation has already begun, but do not expect this to be a quick fix as the balancing does not require just some tweaking, it is a huge topic.
We have always stated, that balancing is a major issue and high up on the list of priorities. This has not changed.

Netphreak
11-01-13, 15:30
As soon as possible. Some preparation has already begun, but do not expect this to be a quick fix as the balancing does not require just some tweaking, it is a huge topic.
We have always stated, that balancing is a major issue and high up on the list of priorities. This has not changed.

Thanks for the update.

Has anyone been able to test if mob positioning seems any better than on retail?

I haven't been able to get onto NC at all this week, but will try out some pve myself on the PTS when I get a chance to play some NC.

William Antrim
11-01-13, 15:31
I dont want to sound like a massive cock here because I want balancing to happen too but honestly even with the imbalanced game how it is I would much rather see a bug-free (relatively) NC before anyone spends any of their time on balancing. Balancing by its very nature is going to require a huge amount of work and will create its own bugs just by being worked on. When that starts I would feel much more comfortable if the devs could dedicate their time to that issue solely and not have a load of other little bugs flying around that have not been fixed.

I am excited about the new patches and really pleased that MC5 has been reborn so to speak but mostly I am excited about the lines and lines of bug fixes. I am not technically savvy enough to understand what they mean but if it means my char doesnt crash on log out then I am one happy person.

So far on Vedeena the pvp seems a lot better. I think the last two patches have really stabilised things in terms of the client compared to how i remember it. I am excited about the future and what the next patch will bring. You guys have earned massive kudos for that.

As for balancing - I have one final question - Is it something that will be done behind closed doors or will you have community input (like before)?

Mokoi
11-01-13, 15:59
I dont want to sound like a massive cock here because I want balancing to happen too but honestly even with the imbalanced game how it is I would much rather see a bug-free (relatively) NC before

This reflects our priorities. When I say "as soon as possible", it is exactly what is meant.
Balancing on top of bugs is not going to help build a stable foundation. If you remember the drone bugfixes recently - those were perceived as a "nerf" (e.g. a balancing matter) by some people even though not aimed at altering balance. Bugs like this need fixing for a balancing to make sense.

As for balancing - I have one final question - Is it something that will be done behind closed doors or will you have community input (like before)?

As the entire team currently consists of community members, the short answer is: yes :p

On a more serious note:
We will make an official announcement concerning these issues when the time arrives.
I would hope we can find a way to boost community participation some way or the other - there could already be a lot more input via detailed bug reports, brainport issues and playtesting on the Testserver. As long as many people do not make the jump from (rightfully) moaning about issues ingame to (usefully) reporting them outgame and help get them fixed, we have some work to do in that area.

That said, every player who is currently involved and making an effort in the Bugreports/Brainport section of these forums is truly awesome and deserves a badge of merit.

William Antrim
11-01-13, 16:11
Lol I see what you did there :)

That's great Mokoi thank you for taking the time to respond. I am quite excited about all of this stuff truthfully. I would love to be involved in any way I can.

Dropout
11-01-13, 16:35

Thanks Mokoi.
And its obvious that it is going to be a longer process ;)

@William
I am well aware that bugfixes has a higher priority. And for good reason.

Doc Holliday
11-01-13, 19:54
That said, every player who is currently involved and making an effort in the Bugreports/Brainport section of these forums is truly awesome and deserves a badge of merit.

Can i get one that says i stayed up till 7am in the morning to help get on testing on the server and all i got was this wonderful merit badge?

pottburter
11-01-13, 23:27
Significantly increased rare part drop chances for Warbots and number of related techmobs.

Does this mean there are now more mobs dropping tech parts, or an increased spawning rate of warbots?

Mokoi
11-01-13, 23:33
Significantly increased rare part drop chances for Warbots and number of related techmobs.

Does this mean there are now more mobs dropping tech parts, or an increased spawning rate of warbots?

It is just the chances of having techparts in the loot, that are now much better.

As the Patch has now been deployed to the retail servers, please continue the discussion here:
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?t=147041-R-177-Patch-Notes