PDA

View Full Version : [00237][R#176]Transfer stack number inconsistencies/errors

Izeo
10-01-13, 16:22
The number in the input field of the small transfer stack window is not consistent if you manually enter a number when moving a stack of items.

This is a really hard bug to explain without an example, and it would be good to try the following to understand what is happening:

Have a stack of 10x Medkits, and 24x Your ammo in your inventory

Open GoGuardian and, drag medkits to GoGuardian, and, using the manual input number, TYPE in the number 5, press OK.
5 medkits are moved to your GoGuardian, which is expected behavior.
However, now, drag your ammo to GoGuardian, and, you will see that the previous number 5 is still in the field, press OK.
12 of your ammo are moved into your GoGuardian, even though "5" was in the count field, which is not expected behavior.

Reason: when you type in a number, it remembers the previous "ratio" of your inputted number with your total stack of previous items, in this case, 5 is half of 10, so it remembers "50%", so, it moves "50%" of the next stack (the 24x ammo), which is 12 ammo.

The two possible solutions are to pick one. Pick the hard entered value, or pick the ratio, but both the functionality and the number shown to the player should represent that to avoid confusion.

Always maintain the last entered value (of course, clamp the value to the total count of the current stack). So, if I manually try to move 20 out of 40 medkits, and then I try to move a different stack of 8 ammo, the value auto-clamps to 8. If I then try to move a third stack of say, 100 medkits, the value should still maintain the last value, still being 8.
Always maintain the last ratio, and update the number to represent that. So, if I manually try to move 30 out of 40 medkits (75%), and then I try to move a stack of 32 warbot colas, the number in the count field should automatically update to "24" since that is the previous ratio (75%) of the last stack split.

-

Now, one more. There is a similar bug when selling stacks of items in the shop. Let's say you have 10 insect eyes and 10 small limbs to sell. You select the insect eyes and type in "10" and click Sell. All 10 are sold. Now you select the 10 small limbs. "10" is still in the count field, since it's the last number you typed in. You click Sell. Only 1 small limb is sold. You have to erase the number and type "10" in again, hit enter and then click Sell, which is very difficult considering how small the click field is for that manual input.

Mokoi
10-01-13, 16:42
Now, one more. There is a similar bug when selling stacks of items in the shop. Let's say you have 10 insect eyes and 10 small limbs to sell. You select the insect eyes and type in "10" and click Sell. All 10 are sold. Now you select the 10 small limbs. "10" is still in the count field, since it's the last number you typed in. You click Sell. Only 1 small limb is sold. You have to erase the number and type "10" in again, hit enter and then click Sell, which is very difficult considering how small the click field is for that manual input.

Thank you for the detailed report.
That last issue (vendor amount inconsistencies) is marked fixed in T#179.

Torg
10-01-13, 23:47
tbh this is around forever, so i didnt even think of it as a bug. but if you guys can fix it - great.

Dropout
11-01-13, 10:22
tbh this is around forever, so i didnt even think of it as a bug. but if you guys can fix it - great.

Hah yeah, this is one of the bugs, that Im so used to, that I wouldnt even think about reporting it.
So thanks Izeo :p