PDA

View Full Version : Back from the past, I am probably senile... but

Surfer
10-01-13, 13:02
Evening all..
So i started back in beta 4 and now im back in .. beta 8?
Dont get me wrong i love the game and can take my share of bugs without going nuts.
I just dont remember if there was ways to manage stuff that made gameplay kind of annoying.
Or am i just senile.

So.
1. The ini-file. Was there a way to put things there, like "/set ctrl_bob 0" as an instance.
Dont want to type it everytime i enter the game.
Searched some and havent found a list of what i can put in the ini-file.

2. As a droner, when i dismiss drones i sometimes get a messed up camera angle.
Typing "/set ctrl_lockview 0" resets that back to first person view.
But is there (or was there) a way to have a macro on a button for that?

3. Looting or moving things between places (loot window, inventory, gogu etc.) do i have to
drag every item? Was there not a "hold ctrl and right click" or something like that?
Especially when there is a stack with more then one in it.

4. Ok so i have a team list.. but its not visible while i move other then that i set my
movement possible inside RPOS. And then i get a problem since i move with .. well not exactly
WASD buttons but almost.
Am i missing something?

5. Leveling a PPU.
Is that LOM or is it summoned creatures?
Do i get exp for healing in a group?
As a LEd player can i heal all members in my group?

6. LOMs makes you loose some exp.
As a level 10 i was shocked since i lost levels but as a 34 i didnt loose as much.
So is the loss a fix amount of exp or dynamic based on level?

There is probably more stuff but these are the small things ive had in my mind the last week.

Peace
S

lawless
10-01-13, 13:18
Hello and welcome back :)

2) I don't remember there was a lock and neither there was a macro, though you may use a macro tool that says
[ENTER] [TEXT] /set anything_you_like 1 [ENTER]
and define a key you like to run that macro.

3) As i know of there was no feature. There is the way of drag and drop and the take-all button on the left down of the window

4) Team members were never visible on any other place then the F10 team window. Maybe an idea for the brainport.

5) You can level an PPU by leveling with APU first and when capped LOM to PPU skill. Also you will get EXP when the teammembers are in range (visible with the small directional window that keeps their name floating around when they move) and also the rank is in the range of your rank. It should be +/- 10, so if you have a rank of 20, you will get EXP of those team members that are higher than rank 10 and lower than rank 30.
And no, LE players can heal LE players, non LE players can heal non LE players.

6) EXP loss should be aligned to a fix number of experience points.

Trivaldi
10-01-13, 14:29
Welcome back to the Community, you've picked a great time to return. :)

There is the option of using SMS commands to issue your most used commands in game to improve your experience, you can find a list of all commands at the TechHaven Network (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Set_Commands).

Regarding some of the quality of life items you've mentioned; I highly suggest adding your thoughts on these kind of improvements to the Brainport (http://forum.neocron-game.com/forumdisplay.php?234-Brainport). If you post each suggestion for improvement in it's own thread, we can then see how valuable this kind of thing would be to the wider community to consider implementation at some point, no guarantees of course but we are here to make improvements where we can. :)

Again, welcome back!

Cheers,

Surfer
11-01-13, 11:35
It seems i had a bit of a memory thing in the end.
Somewhere i had a notion that there was somewhere..
Anyway Mokoi straighted me up a bit when i suggested it in brainstorm, it seems under ini there are a bunch of ini files to look into.
The ctrl_bob setting was in control.ini
The ctrl_lockview might have a factor in why my view gets screwed when i leave drone view. When it happened the first time i used /set ctrl_lockview 1 instead of 0 and then i _might_ have had less instances when my camera got messed up .
So perhaps that works aswell.

Regarding the move stuff between frames and show team frame i made two threads in brainport about those, but they are so far dead in the water .. perhaps that will change.

Time to go back to getting hold of ReDim, feels like sending him some nostalgia might be fun :)
Peace
S

William Antrim
11-01-13, 15:20
I read your threads and they seemed very technical. Perhaps that is why you did not get the replies perhaps you hoped for. As for the lockview thing... well I just use Alt-e to correct any camera angle discrepancies I have.

Surfer
11-01-13, 18:01
Yeah wrote them at work and does this for a living.. lost track of reality some.. :)

Its not big things that i have posted about but some.. esp the moving stuff around in the inventory bugs me alot when i play the game..