PDA

View Full Version : Call for your help: AI bugs/flaws

Alduin
09-01-13, 20:59
Dear runners,

during the last days and weeks the number of reports on weird issues concerning the behaviour of monsters/npcs in Neocron and the Wastelands increased. However, we still have a hard time figuring out a pattern behind all this. So again, we need your help!

What can you do to help? Please report all reproducable issues you encounter with the AI. Do mobs always flee (what happens if you are close to the mobs and shoot them, what happens if you are far away from them)? Do they always flee into the same direction or do they try to reach a certain point inside that sector? Are only certain types of mobs affected? Are only certain sectors affected? What happens if several people are around? What direction do the mobs face when fleeing?

Please try to avoid too much guessing. Try to reassure that your observations are reproducible by talking to other runners or retrying. And please do not be discouraged by this comment ;)

Sincerly
Your Neocron Support Team

netster
10-01-13, 12:51
Oh i didnt saw this one.. check my bugrep: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?147004-R-176-Mobs-AI-bugged-in-several-zones

OFT
12-01-13, 07:05
Logged into my test char on the TEST server and discovered that in the starter MC5 area, the mobs all face North/North East. I can run through the mobs and no one attacks me... though once I start beating on one with my knife, it started attacking me.

http://i.imgur.com/NfQ9l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2Cl7k.jpg

murdog
14-01-13, 16:11
in HN all mobs tend to fly out of range and only come back very slow.
Also on PTS atleast the mobs in the Travels are bugged, way of there positions

Techhaven Broken Storage
When you fight in the broken storage the mob tend to fly away and come back with other mobs.
Dont know if this should be but this way a solo run is nearly impossible with PE accessible software.
Two mobs could be handled but when a third arives you can make your testament.
Would be not so hard when Stacks would be removed/changed as mentioned in my other thread

Trivaldi
14-01-13, 16:34
Logged into my test char on the TEST server and discovered that in the starter MC5 area, the mobs all face North/North East. I can run through the mobs and no one attacks me... though once I start beating on one with my knife, it started attacking me.

http://i.imgur.com/NfQ9l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2Cl7k.jpg
Other than the MC5 Victims (Beggar Model) no other Area MC5 mobs should shoot on site in the large outdoor zone. From your report their attacking seems normal as they should only retaliate once attacked. Them all staring into the distance towards the North does seem like an odd AI related behaviour however.

William Antrim
14-01-13, 20:15
Maybe on the 4th day they are looking to the East for Gandalf? :)

Or perhaps the reset position point is at the east of their location so they turn to towards that? I am merely speculating of course so that this post does not like complete spam. :)

Dunkelheit
26-02-13, 13:40
Noticed that whichever single mob i shoot when I'm out of their range, they run to a certain point:
- Storage 4 in the last room (Butchee, Hurlers and Launchers) it is to the far
- Military Base Bunkers they run to a hill between two tree stumps to the south east.

My guess is that they are running to the map center (aka /set reset_position 1). Since I have only had those two level spots I haven't been able to confirm this. (edit; just had a look at the spot in J02 and it is exactly at the center of the map)

- Mobs that are linked together via aggro radius attack as intended, even when the shooter is out of range.
- When a single mob is up close they always attack as intended.

Something odd:
- When another player (not teamed) grabbed aggro from the entire region they wouldn't go for me at all. I had been beating on a launcher for 50% of his life until he noticed me there (aggro recheck?), all the other mobs continued ignoring me.

Dirus
10-04-13, 05:21
in HN all mobs tend to fly out of range and only come back very slow.

Sounds like their default "Flee" reaction to being attacked. Hoverbots do the same. Actually all mobs do, however its really pronounced when they can move in 3 axis.

eNTi
10-04-13, 12:42
this thread is kind of weird, because the ai in this game is very...very bad. i wouldn't know where to begin. the danger of most mobs lies in their insane damage output... if they actually made up their mind about attacking you, that is. they don't seem to have any form of strategy other than run/fly towards you and randomly use special abilities depending on their distance to you.

the most dangerous of fire mobs (grim chaser) is easily countered by staying in range and make him attack a wall while the ai seems to think, it should be able to hit you because it has los. to make up for that, they seem to be able to attack you if they don't face you and even do damage to you without you seeing any attacks going off in the first place. decayed horrors will hang in trees and not be able to chase you. the only thing making them challenging is their insane damage if they manage to hit you with one of their invisible projectiles. if you got high level ppu support, fire mobs are glorified rare part storage containers.

cop bots are insanely stupid but you should know that by now, looking at plaza 2. if they happen to not bug around they do laughable damage, but that's no ai related.

mc5... well, it's droners paradise. 120/120 humanoid mobs should be able to look for the droner instead of barely doing any damage to the drones themselves.

most epic mission kills are not worth mentioning because the npcs rarely fight back and if they do, they are still no threat.

eNTi
16-05-13, 22:31
the pathing on some mobs is rather strange. i've got a few shots of a location where i fought a small spiderbot and a warbot. while i killed the warbot the spider followed the red arrow and swam in the sea. she couldn't find me. i stood quite a bit away when i shot the warbot, who wasn't walking in my direction either. just walked on the place, which is something they seem to do quite often. especially when "trapped" in a small depression.

http://image-upload.de/image/SrE2LH/78db0d7dd0.jpg
http://image-upload.de/image/SdmuxK/c04f04445e.jpg

eNTi
17-05-13, 18:19
more wb pathing weirdness, they are just stuck there and jitter around, when hit. they might think they can hit you, but they don't:
http://d.pictureupload.us/2138271689519657d7297bd.png
http://d.pictureupload.us/132136390351965889d77f7.png

eNTi
03-06-13, 10:18
[ edited ]

description removed from the public forums.

Thank you for your report.

-Baldur

Hodo
14-11-13, 07:37
Diamond Real Estate Faction Supply Manager "York Adam" or something like that, is giving the "NPC Busy, please try again later" message.

Baldur
14-11-13, 10:44
Diamond Real Estate Faction Supply Manager "York Adam" or something like that, is giving the "NPC Busy, please try again later" message.

I told Mr. Adam to stop checking his private emails at work and to start responding to his customers again ;)

PS: please use the ingame ticketsystem to report busy NPCs in the future.

Hodo
14-11-13, 20:37
I told Mr. Adam to stop checking his private emails at work and to start responding to his customers again ;)

PS: please use the ingame ticketsystem to report busy NPCs in the future.

Thank you, I would have but it was late and I was in the process of logging off for the night. I will check again later and see if the problem is still there and if it is I will use the ingame reporting system.

hazzard
18-11-13, 01:52
while i killed the warbot the spider followed the red arrow and swam in the sea. she couldn't find me.
Those spiders like drive-by-shooting. They always came back once they reached some destination. Attacking them didn't stop their straight path.

skarn
18-01-14, 15:01
Today in wastelands (K02), a WB try to flee in exact opposing direstion (im 58/60) and goes too far beyond the zoneline. He lost aggro.
The zoneline prevens me to chase it, and there is a fog that seems to get thicker when I approach the line preventing me to see them.
They get stuck there for ever.
Its not the first time. As the time goes mob population count seems to lower.

necrocon
06-12-14, 06:19
I would like to point out.. currently we have cops trying to have sex with Christmas trees. They are going pretty deep man, lol!

carnaged
12-06-16, 00:50
the mobs in the plaza 2 abandoned cellar retreat sometimes

Jesse
28-01-19, 02:54
I have farmed a LOT of launchers at the Goguardian in J02 (one of the sweetest spots!) - if you are there, but the monsters cannot target you due to not being able to see you (such as if you're in the building or behind the fence from them), they will make their way to the center of the map. I can demonstrate this if you are interested. I've noticed some other interesting behaviors about the AI's and the Spawn-code in other areas, and would be happy to demonstrate them if anyone is interested. You can reach me at mightyquinnmallory@gmail.com - I don't check the forums that much, but I'll keep an eye out for the next few days. If not, just email me!