PDA

View Full Version : [R#176] CR of Spiderbots confused

Deus Ex Machina
08-01-13, 22:08
Maybe there was a hidden system behind it, but Small Spiderbots have CR 52 and the bigger Spiderbot Sentrys have Cr 48. That seem mistaken to me.

Torg
09-01-13, 11:24
its this way for years. i dont think its a problem, as we all know our spiderbots: the fat one doesnt hit as hard as the lean one. so?

Dropout
09-01-13, 12:49
As Torg said. It kinda makes sence, since the small ones are much more dangerous than the big ones.

It still should be a the other way around though IMO. But its not exactly what I would call important.

William Antrim
09-01-13, 15:06
It is if you're a new guy. After you get splattered by one I guess you learn the hard way but I can see why Deus pointed it out.

Netphreak
09-01-13, 18:00
I was reminded how rediculous mob damage in nc is ATM after running past spider bot (while stealthed but's that's another issue I need to post up about), and it almost killed me in the first burst (capped spy with psi buffs up at the time and over 600 hp).

Crazy damage.

Grogor
09-01-13, 19:08
Why should the bigger mobs always be stronger than the smaller ones? Improvements in technology may involve that something gets more compact in size. And as said before the CR should fit, cause the higher CR is more dangerous.

Trivaldi
09-01-13, 20:03
This is one of those things that comes down to opinion. This has been like this for so long, should we change it just for the sake of it? It's an easy change but should we?

Moved to Brainport.

Izeo
09-01-13, 20:55
Maybe a simple fix would be to change the names of one, or both of them. Like, "Spiderbot", and, "Advanced Spiderbot" for the small one. That way if you hover over their name from a distance, you might assume that it is a harder version just by the name. Since, yeah, OP's right -- the word "small" usually implies something inferior to another version. ("Small Spider" .. "Spider" .. "Big Spider")

As for actually voting/supporting this idea, I'm indifferent, because of the fact that the small spiderbot has been that way for so long.

Biglines
09-01-13, 22:13
it's like a scorpion, the smaller they are, the more lethal ;)

Grogor
10-01-13, 01:19
I vote for leaving as it is. We shouldn't take away the surprise on new runners when they discover the world isn't as planable as they thought.