PDA

View Full Version : Biccy's Ideas - 8) Weapon Condition

DigestiveBiscui
08-01-13, 18:18
Before i explain what i feel the problems are / what i would like to see fixed please understand that these are simply my ideas that, after playing the game during its core times (when it was at its very best), i feel need to be adjusted in order to make this a better experience and not another moment where the game looks promising only to be shot down by bad moves which has happened again and again.

WEAPON CONDITION - PRIORITY LOW

Is it just me, or have weapons been changed to break all the time? I research and made up a new TL 65 pistol today, modded it all and then went out to level a bit. At the time of this post it's taken the weapon two hours to go from 120/120 to 46/120 and at this rate I'm going to have to find a repper before the end of the day.

Isn't this a bit over the top? Do rares break this quick too? If so i find it a bit silly that something you work for can be destroyed so quick. Low TL weapons i can understand slightly but if rares also break at this speed then i believe something should be done to cut that down a little - not by a lot, say around 25% less, that way at least your rare feels like it's been worth the time instead of getting it repaired every evening because 'shooting stuff out of a gun is not what they're designed for'

Oh perhaps have something where the higher TL / slot combo it is the less it degrades over time?

Dribble Joy
08-01-13, 19:31
Dropping more than half the condition in a hunting session? That's not to bad really.

Also, what type was it? Higher freq weapons tend to wear out faster.

Deus Ex Machina
08-01-13, 19:37
Oh perhaps have something where the higher TL / slot combo it is the less it degrades over time?The more slots a weapon has, the slower it degrades. Thats already in place. I had comparison of that and it is very noticable.

DigestiveBiscui
08-01-13, 19:40
As long as that's there then i can stop moaning :D

Yes it's high-tech

The more slots a weapon has, the slower it degrades. Thats already in place. I had comparison of that and it is very noticable.

William Antrim
08-01-13, 21:04
Just carry two guns.

Ivan Eres
09-01-13, 10:41
AFAIK in 2.2 it was also added that implants degenerate. It wasn't so before.

I think the goal for weapons and implants in 2.2 was to boost the trading somehow because people would need new stuff sometimes or at least a repper.

Doc Holliday
09-01-13, 10:54
Does anyone else find it strangely satisfying to wear a gun down to 0%. You know you have had some use out of it that way plus it makes the repair tradeskill worth having. I have still never worn a gun down below 0%/90%. I seem to end up giving them away or selling them before this happens.

William Antrim
09-01-13, 15:10
I think I find it satisfying when I am stood in the Plaza getting it repaired but not so much when I am still trying to brass up a Grim Chaser. If it breaks then I am usually quite colourful in my choice of language.

Dropout
09-01-13, 16:25
Does anyone else find it strangely satisfying to wear a gun down to 0%. You know you have had some use out of it that way plus it makes the repair tradeskill worth having. I have still never worn a gun down below 0%/90%. I seem to end up giving them away or selling them before this happens.

Pff weak! My personal record is about /16 on the Slasher I leveled Gotti with :p
Wish I still had it though :(