PDA

View Full Version : Biccy's Ideas - 6) Named Caves

DigestiveBiscui
08-01-13, 01:04
Before i explain what i feel the problems are / what i would like to see fixed please understand that these are simply my ideas that, after playing the game during its core times (when it was at its very best), i feel need to be adjusted in order to make this a better experience and not another moment where the game looks promising only to be shot down by bad moves which has happened again and again.

NAMED CAVES - PRIORITY LOW

Since I started playing Neocron again I've spent some time wondering round the world to remind myself of some decent places to farm / level. Obviously there are some great caves in-game (Chaos...Swamp Caves...Snakes...etc) but there are also some that are utterly pointless and could be used better. Gaia Mine for example could easilly be converted into one cave rather than three different entrances. The Escador Oasis could also be used better than it currently is.

I feel a few other caves would be nice - new ones that can be farmed to drop tech's / a good way to farm XP in groups. You could also have a re-visit to the DOY Tunnels to make them a little bit more friendly for players as right now it's horrible.

William Antrim
08-01-13, 01:09
Gaia mine is good as it is. It has everything you could want in it already. Doy tunnels are the best implemented cave in the game. You have 3 levels of varying difficulty. What is not to like?

Swamp cave in my opinion needs some love. We need that to be toned down so lower level peeps can level there instead of JUST the chaos caves as it seems to be now.

DigestiveBiscui
08-01-13, 01:38
DOY tunnels was merely an example. I havent been around here for a while but from word of mouth level 2-3 is a huge jump thats near impossible and not worth the time. The concept of it is fantastic and i'm not saying change it.

A noob cave would be nice. Something rank 50ish where low levels can farm instead of stacking up in Chaos Caves.

Gaia mine is good as it is. It has everything you could want in it already. Doy tunnels are the best implemented cave in the game. You have 3 levels of varying difficulty. What is not to like?

Swamp cave in my opinion needs some love. We need that to be toned down so lower level peeps can level there instead of JUST the chaos caves as it seems to be now.

CMaster
08-01-13, 02:46
DOY tunnels was merely an example. I havent been around here for a while but from word of mouth level 2-3 is a huge jump thats near impossible and not worth the time. The concept of it is fantastic and i'm not saying change it.

Trust me, the level 2-3 jump is WELL worth the time (in terms of loot at least - XP from DoY tunnels is underwhelming) and if anything, much too easy at the moment.

Dribble Joy
08-01-13, 12:44
Maybe is the lvl 1 tunnels had lvl 50/60 mobs in them, then mid level teams and high level soloers could go down there.

Gaia has the problem in that much of it is pretty much unused aside from the stormbot area (which again isn't used for anything other than the cannon) and the entrance to the regant run zones.

Chuck Norris
08-01-13, 13:02
WRU TG volcano!

William Antrim
08-01-13, 13:15
Biccy I love what you're trying to do here trust me but I wouldn't make a thread based on word of mouth.

Doy tunnel level 2 is great for capped players. You can solo level one pretty easily at cap and level 2 you need a decent ppu. Level 3 you need the same but we found (the other day) that a good team with a decent ppu and a few other guys (we took one tank one apu and one spy) can get on ok down there. The only major problem on level 3 is the artillery units. They hurt like a bitch but with some tactics the challenge is pretty good.

Slotties/Ultimas/Rares on level 3

some rares/lesser slotties on level 2

+1 slotties on level 1

Its a good cave.

I think what you are looking for is something like the old Swamp Caves (Gravis and the F zones) to be reimplemented. This used to be the old mid level caves - you could stand in the water and not worry too much about uber damage. Today they are a nightmare and this is why we asked for the Anti Poison Sanctum to come back into the game (for pve only) a little while ago!