PDA

View Full Version : Biccy's Ideas - 2) Tutorials

DigestiveBiscui
07-01-13, 19:00
Before i explain what i feel the problems are / what i would like to see fixed please understand that these are simply my ideas that, after playing the game during its core times (when it was at its very best), i feel need to be adjusted in order to make this a better experience and not another moment where the game looks promising only to be shot down by bad moves which has happened again and again.

TUTORIALS / STARTING GUIDES - PRIORITY MEDIUM

Remember when the starting MC5 zone actually had promise? I know it was a long time ago but it could of been used to much better. If I spoke to a friend of mine today and said that I'm playing this game again and they had never heard about it i would probably say to them 'It's great...but you'll have no idea what you're doing unless you've played it before' - and it's true.

If you were a new runner in neocron you would spawn in MC5 and that would be it - sure you have some mails, but that's a lot of reading that sometimes not everyone wants to do and I think its time this was updated. A simple tutorial is all you need (the little boxes that pop up are nice, but they need to be more in-depth)

Even better would be to have an NPC that spawns just to show you around the area - showing you the CityCom, GoGo etc so you understand the game a little better. You need to understand that most games nowadays implement rather big tutorials so people know what they're doing. There is nothing more frustrating in a game than to buy it, set it all up, then find you have no idea what to do. Also if we backtrack to the character creation screen I feel it would be nice to have mini-videos describing each faction (Alot like what they do in The Secret World) as i think it would add more feel to choosing your faction.

Drachnyen
07-01-13, 22:15
[...]If I spoke to a friend of mine today and said that I'm playing this game again and they had never heard about it i would probably say to them 'It's great...but you'll have no idea what you're doing unless you've played it before' - and it's true.[...]

It's like that for every game though.

Not bashing your idea, just saying.

DigestiveBiscui
07-01-13, 22:54
Not entirely true. Games like Secret World and WoW had fantastic tutorials that didnt feel like tutorials, more like part of the game

Drachnyen
08-01-13, 01:13
I meant the whole "If you haven't played this game, then you won't know what you are doing at first."-thing.

I mean that is pretty much a given.

William Antrim
08-01-13, 01:36
There is a tutorial, offline as well. It asks when you start a new player on a new account do you want to run the tutorial.

nEo-1664
08-01-13, 15:28
And as best we can provide, we have lots of information available on the Tech Haven Network. www.techhaven.org

But this information probably needs updating now :)