PDA

View Full Version : Biccy's Ideas - 1) Missions

DigestiveBiscui
07-01-13, 18:53
Before i explain what i feel the problems are / what i would like to see fixed please understand that these are simply my ideas that, after playing the game during its core times (when it was at its very best), i feel need to be adjusted in order to make this a better experience and not another moment where the game looks promising only to be shot down by bad moves which has happened again and again.

MISSIONS - PRIORITY SMALL

Since the start of NC there's only ever been one way to do missions which is through the City Com. This system is fine, however there have always been pointless quests / silly missions that no one has ever really done which wastes time for the people actually looking for the 'real' missions they want to do.

Lets be honest here - 99% of people only do Research / Contructs / Aggressor Captain and Launcher missions - Who in their right mind would accept a mission to kill some Big Reaper Spiders? ... or Amok Copbots for that matter. Some missions like 'Network Power Failures also feel like a massive sync in terms of just going out and killing stuff.

For now, with the game in it's current state, these (in my opinion) should be removed and looked at again at a later date once the game has some solidarity about it.

Ivan Eres
08-01-13, 00:13
Lets be honest here - 99% of people only do Research / Contructs / Aggressor Captain and Launcher missions - Who in their right mind would accept a mission to kill some Big Reaper Spiders? ... or Amok Copbots for that matter.

/signed

Lol it's true. Nobody does these missions! Usually only fresh players try them once, and it was the same for me back then :)

Maybe it's hard to let go of content that's already in game but honestly if it doesn't make sense we should abandon it.

We all do the research, construction, aggressor captains, launchers, and recycle missions. And I think that's it. Removing the other missions would spare us browsing thru pages of unused stuff every time.

An alternative would be what was suggested in another thread, but I don't remember who it was. The idea was good. It was suggested that the mobs to kill could be grouped so that every member of that mob group counts as a kill for the mission. Like "kill 5 dogs" and every dog counts instead of the current "Kill 5 fierce dogs" and you never find a fierce dog, but all other kinds of dogs.

Izeo
08-01-13, 20:45
signed - I made a similar thread (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146630-Remove-quot-Quickjob-Kill-Monster-quot-missions) a few months ago with the same ideas, and how to potentially condense some of the never-picked missions into missions that would be picked.

William Antrim
08-01-13, 21:17
It was a great idea then and still is now!

Stormcaller
10-01-13, 16:19
I am kinda all for that. Since I am relatively new to Neocron, I started a lot of fresh characters, just to toy around with stuff. And I would never take certain missions. Grouping them up as Izeo suggested in his thread would be my idea as well.

How they are grouped, for example in big groups vermin/humanoid/robot or in smaller groups of rats/dogs/plants/etc. is something that doesn't really matter though. What matters is, that a lot of the Neocom missions are just something nobody would ever take. So I'd really like to see some adjustments here, especially to make the first steps for newbies easier.

The game becomes rough for them soon enough.

Kragar
16-01-13, 16:35
There are several missions that are more or less useless and they should be removed. However I would like to see more terminals that one could access out in the zones where the mobs actually are and also more places that are viable for xp grind ( as there are just a handful of places that are worth going at the moment ) There really should be much more missions that are worth doing with good time/effort rewards.

PsiCorps
22-01-13, 18:30
Not to mention that I'm sure that Amok Copbots don't spawn any more - things need cleaning up.

eNTi
26-02-13, 01:00
there's something profoundly wrong with missions in general. they are far too simplistic. i agree that probably 2/3 of all missions need to be taken out of the rotation. the few types that are still valid need more to them. atm the fastest way to level is probably going bunker and do kill missions. the other "okayish" missions are research/construct missions. those missions are dull as hell and you can even FAIL at them numerous times which is quite expensive too. they need a major revamp in depth and reward imho. it really is more fun to watch the grass grow than to do const missions.