PDA

View Full Version : Neocron apps

Shazam
07-01-13, 18:37
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Neocron apps for your mobile phone out there?

I'm not sure if it's possible to make or if it costs anything (I'm sure if it was easy and free it would have been done by now) but I was thinking how handy it would be to have something like nskill or the rares db on my phone so I could make set uos etc on the go.

Sorry if to you technically gifted people out there if this seems like a stupid idea but I was just interested.

Anyone know?

Herrad
07-01-13, 18:53
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Neocron apps for your mobile phone out there?

I'm not sure if it's possible to make or if it costs anything (I'm sure if it was easy and free it would have been done by now) but I was thinking how handy it would be to have something like nskill or the rares db on my phone so I could make set uos etc on the go.

Sorry if to you technically gifted people out there if this seems like a stupid idea but I was just interested.

Anyone know?

Not sure how likely it is that apps will be written for that stuff, mobile sites are more likely.

I'm not sure there's really much scope for it though. After all, when was the last time you were on a train and found a frame of a Cursed Soul lying about...? :-p

Shazam
07-01-13, 19:28
Not sure how likely it is that apps will be written for that stuff, mobile sites are more likely.

I'm not sure there's really much scope for it though. After all, when was the last time you were on a train and found a frame of a Cursed Soul lying about...? :-p

Yeah might be more nskill oriented or something I just think it would be nice to create set ups etc on my phone when I'm on lunch or something

Ascension
08-01-13, 00:41
Would be nice to log into clan chat?

William Antrim
08-01-13, 00:48
I use techhaven.org on my phone and my clan forum.

Shazam
08-01-13, 01:38
I could too THN on my phones internet brower, just think if it was possible that having Nskill as an app or somthing would be awesome

Biglines
08-01-13, 04:21
I actually wrote a rare-db interface for windows mobile (the old version) a few years ago, but that wudn't work anymore with titan, and probably some new api's

Shazam
08-01-13, 13:17
Just tried downloading nskill from my phone and although the file downloaded fine I can't open it :-(

Zoltan
08-01-13, 13:33
There is a Windows Phone app but needs an update before I can release it. Developers for other platforms or desktops should contact me for getting some information about the (new) api.

William Antrim
08-01-13, 13:50
Just tried downloading nskill from my phone and although the file downloaded fine I can't open it :-(

I tried it too after I saw the thread. I wouldnt know the first thing about all of this stuff though.

StevenJ
08-01-13, 14:02
NSkill won't run on anything other than Windows with .Net I'm afraid (Ok, Linux with mono perhaps, or other variants!)

If a mobile version were to be made, it would be a Windows Phone (as opposed to Windows Mobile) version (which I'd prefer greatly!), or a mobile friendly web app (which I'd think was more useful, but an arse and take too much time). I won't be looking into Android or iOS development: again, time is key.

It is something I've thought about over the past few months though - NSkill does need some loving.

Shazam
08-01-13, 15:30
thanks for the input Steven,

I thought that the reason something like hadnt been done before would be because it wasnt simple or quick.

sounds like its pretty complicated!

CMaster
08-01-13, 16:57
There's mono for Android and iOS too: http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/releases/MonoTouch_5/MonoTouch_5.0
Doesn't get around the fact that nSkill presumably uses windows.forms however.