PDA

View Full Version : Get Con XP from running around?

William Antrim
03-01-13, 01:35
We do not gain any currently as far as I know but should we gain a minor amount of con xp (something miniscule) for running around? I think we should as technically it is exercise.

Before anyone says auto-walk while AFK then I think we should only get our xp when we have stamina so this sort of thing wouldnt happen. The amount of xp would literally be 1 xp every few minutes or something but with the amount of running around most of us do in game it might be nice to get a con level on that first walk to tech haven/mb/the canyon perhaps!

Dropout
03-01-13, 23:18
We do not gain any currently as far as I know but should we gain a minor amount of con xp (something miniscule) for running around? I think we should as technically it is exercise.

Before anyone says auto-walk while AFK then I think we should only get our xp when we have stamina so this sort of thing wouldnt happen. The amount of xp would literally be 1 xp every few minutes or something but with the amount of running around most of us do in game it might be nice to get a con level on that first walk to tech haven/mb/the canyon perhaps!

That is actually not a bad idea. And as you said, it should be as low as 1xp per min (well, it should probably scale with levels or something like that) to avoid all the baddies doing bad Things with a feature like this.

Drachenpaladin
03-01-13, 23:27
Not sure how sever the exploitation of that would be regarding Autorun + Appartment.

Torg
03-01-13, 23:29
horribly exploitable: run your char to an app, face into corner, hit autorun, leave computer and come back next day: con capped.

i believe gaining con from getting hurt ist just fine. just like in real life, you know.

Drachenpaladin
03-01-13, 23:32
horribly exploitable: run your char to an app, face into corner, hit autorun, leave computer and come back next day: con capped.

i believe gaining con from getting hurt ist just fine. just like in real life, you know.

Thats what i was talking about, tho iRL nobody would be mad about you using a treadmill for your training...

William Antrim
04-01-13, 03:55
Read the original post. Already thought of that problem. If you set autorun in an apt eventually you're going to run out of stamina.... then the XP isnt going to add up. Also Torg by the maths proposed (a tiny handful of xp - less than 100 a tick for example) it would take WEEKS to cap con. Believe me I DO actually think these things through in terms of how could they be exploited before I post them! :)

Jodo
04-01-13, 11:59
I do agree that there should be a tiny xp gain from running (like there is for barter when you buy stuff from a vendor) but I still think this is exploitable. Even while running flat out, your stamina will regen a bit before being used up again so auto-run will give you xp. It might take a long time to get anything significant but leaving it on each night as you sleep will eventually add up.
I've seen other runners using different, more efficient methods, but the auto-run in your apt will make it impossible to be caught.

Overall I'd say there was too much scope for bugs and exploits for such a small change to the game so leave it.

Dropout
04-01-13, 14:21
As long as you need to be logged in constantly for at least a month to cap it (more for tanks), I really do not see this being exploited.
What it could do however, is making it possible to take a CON-LoM once in a while, without being "forced" to PvE.

Mokoi
04-01-13, 15:31
We've been there and that feature got removed (I believe somewhere around NC1 beta 4) for a reason.
I see little benefit in making players stick their head against walls again whenever possible (grabbing a coffee, going afk for a while ...).

If the XP gain is even slightly noticeable, that is what will happen.
If it is not, there is not much point in allocating dev time for that "feature" in the first place.

... just my $0.02