PDA

View Full Version : [00282][R#176] Password issue when switching accounts

phunqe
31-12-12, 09:48
Bug: Password issue when switching accounts.

Symptoms: Client displays "wrong password" at the login screen when logging out of an account and into another.

How to reproduce: Cannot be reproduced on command, happens about 5-10% of all account switches.

Workaround: Restart client.

Logs / screen shots: N/A

MistaiX
31-12-12, 19:12
happens to me when logging into testserver in between and i think at least that is how its intended.

never happened to me when switching account on retail purely.

Torg
01-01-13, 13:51
happens to me on switching accounts, too.

workaround: typing in the right password.

mildly annoying but not a severe problem.

phunqe
01-01-13, 15:02
workaround: typing in the right password.
:confused:

Bifrost
30-01-13, 16:08
Question for you guys. Does this happen with a single client install or multiple installs of Necron? Please count both test server clients and retail clients.

If you have more than one client, could you let me know the path names of your installations as well.

Thanks.

Dropout
30-01-13, 16:34
I have never had this problem..
Single install, located in C:\Neocron

phunqe
30-01-13, 17:38
I haven't thought about it, but I almost always have two clients running, even if one might not be logged in.

c:\neocron2
c:\neocron2 - Copy (yes, imaginative :p)

Grogor
01-02-13, 05:05
Not sure, if this is the same issue, but if you have Neocron installed on different drives you can reproduce that password behavior 100%.

I have a Neocron installation partition C and two on partition E
C:\Spiele\neocron2
E:\Spiele\neocron2
E:\Spiele\neocron2_dev

When I log in under the C installation and then switch to either of the E installations the password is wrong (it even displays too many stars) when login under a E installation i can switch to the other E installation without probs. Switching to the C installation fucks up the password (again too many stars).

I'm running on WinXP. Both drives are NTFS drives.

Doc Holliday
01-02-13, 06:48
:confused:

AHAHA. At first i did that too. Then I realised that he probably means that you need to MANUALLY type in the pass again. Failing that he was just being extremely sarcastic. Which is also kinda funny. ;)