PDA

View Full Version : Call for your help: Positioning bugs

Alduin
30-12-12, 19:12
Dear runners,

with your help, we were able to fix the Fallen Angels CityCom missions. Thank you very much! Now let's go on together to get the next annoyance fixed, the positioning bugs during outpost wars.

What can you do to help? Do PvP either on Vedeena or on Titan (every single piece of information is helpful!) and try to reproduce (<- very important) positioning bugs (players getting stuck on remote clients although they are moving on their client). Get on Teamspeak with your friends and foes and figure out where the positioning bugs happen most often. Record videos and write down instructions on how to reproduce them don't forget to make screenshots. The better those problems are being documented, the easier it will become to eliminate those problems.

Sincerly
Your Neocron Support Team

netster
10-01-13, 12:49
i PMd you..

Anubis
14-01-13, 21:46
I often get a position-bug when using 2 clients.
One runner is running arround a corner or jumps over some boxes and on the second client I see the first runner got stucked in a wall or on top of boxes and so on.
But if I switch back to the first client all seems to be normal and switching back to the second client the first is still stucked.

Maybee the "remote"-client interpolating the coordinations wrong an thinks the runner walks a straight line instead of walking around a corner, or something like that?

Netphreak
16-01-13, 17:38
I've noticed quite a few times were I will be running (say towards a door or a bunker) and the suddenly get closer to it.
It's as if my client thinks I'm running slower or further away than the server does, then it corrects itself and my position is updated jumping me to were it should be.

It's seems to be random (happened at different times, sectors etc), but does happen relatively often.
My connection is fine and my ping has been showing as <90 anytime it's happened.

pottburter
16-01-13, 17:48
Yesterday, I (PPU) was Warbot hunting with two tanks.
They killed them, I was supposed to hack them.

I had to relog prior to each hack as the position of the body for my client always differed from what the server thought and what the others saw.
It's not that they saw the bodies correctly. Sometimes they saw me hacking the air way off the body.
Kind of remembers me of Hoverbombers.

Atropos
16-01-13, 19:07
90% of my Game time is spent Dual-boxing. I will do some on Vedeena, but at least i can tell u for sure the the place where a Warbot fell down is NEVER the same on 2 different clients.
Sometime the difference is very small, sometimes indeed its 2 or 3 times the full lenght of a warbot, wich makes hacking quite hard if u are only dual-logging.
As it is, i can see the difference on my second monitor, wich really helps.
What makes a difference is the speed of MY Vehicle at the time of the Warbot falling, and if the warbot was moving or not.
So Speed and movement are definitely some of the key elements in this.

William Antrim
16-01-13, 19:30
I have done the same firemobbing in a rhino Atropos and I have hardly ever seen this kind of discrepancy between the two clients. Yeah there is some difference at times but from experience with firemobs it is not like what you describe. Weird huh?

I am wondering if it is a hitbox thing or perhaps the vehicle is the difference.

Atropos
18-01-13, 09:08
This is strange indeed.
But its true that when i am Firemobbing with a rhino, the difference is smaller than when "warbotting" in a reveller.

A grim is mostly just in a circle of about a half from its size away, whereas the warbots may be much further away.

I made a few tries in the doy tunnels as well, but i must admit that this is quite difficult to do dualboxing-wise, but i had some of the issues mentionned above, where i shoot at a guy that was non existent to my ppu, or that i couldnt heal my tank, because he was shown around two corners in spite of beeing just a few meters away.

But i was not able to reproduce these issues.

William Antrim
18-01-13, 14:23
I have had the same problem with clan mates. They either cant see me or vice versa.

I once had a Grim Chaser baby follow us round a zone for 2 hours because my rhino gunner could not see it yet I (the driver) could.

Poesenmeter
18-01-13, 14:34
Zoning or relogg is the solution.....

William Antrim
18-01-13, 15:15
Zoning or relogg is the solution.....

We know. This thread is about making the game better so that we do not need this solution.

Kame
03-02-13, 19:46
Fast runspeed comes to mind when looking at position bugs. Like running around buildings, especially pilars from factories and hackrooms from labs.

Jumping also seems to create the bug. Especially jumping over a fixed-game item, like boxes, fences, and ledges.

Perhaps this position bug is the reason we used to have runspeed cap after all.

Bruce Bremsekloete
05-02-13, 18:17
I got alot of position bugs with my twink in caves like canyon caves, el farid cave, etc.
Always at the corners. My dmg dealer stays on top but my ppu "see" him at 2nd stage.
In el farid behind the little "house". i see my dmg dealer half behind it the house corner if my ppu stays on this little way behind the wall.